• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I'm over the Barkley thing, it was all done in the summer. 

It's not going to be nice for him when he's back at Goodison.  

Give him shit mate. Fucked you lot about all summer and ended up costing the club about £15m. Pelt the twat 👍

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I know mate... Everton getting a meager return on their investment before getting bugger all for him in the summer... Also heard that we are looking to loan Andy Carroll... Nothing but the best for us it would seem.. 

Jesus Christ we would definitely hit rock bottom with fucking Andy Carroll can't stand the bloke.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

I wasn't aware of any controversy? Did he push for the exit or?

Ultimately, he's sat in the training ground for 6 months and done the club (his club btw) out of £20 million whilst we nurse him back to being fit. 

Personally not overly fussed by the money because it's not going into my pocket. Still won't stop me getting on his back when we play each other. What's football if you can't scream and shout expletives at someone you don't know? 

51 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Bloody hell, you’re gonna have a team of England rejects xD

Let's not call it that... let's call it boosting the squads 'Homegrown' quota instead shall we... That way it we can come across as a responsibly run club that is giving 'cough' English talent 'coughs again... a chance

• Subscriber

Warning, I'm about to complain again.

I don't understand why we haven't had more than one signing lined up. With the season we had if we're serious about pushing on and eventually challenging the top 6 we should be so angry at the first half of the season that we should have had three deals lined up to sign on the dotted line on Tuesday.

Okay Besiktas have dicked around with us on Tosun but where's the left back? The manager and coaching staff have been busy over the festive period but what has Walsh been doing for the last 4 months if not lining things up to fix the mess he and Koeman created this summer?

We fucking need a left back as much as we need a striker and our season is over tonight if we lose to Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't understand why we haven't had more than one signing lined up. With the season we had if we're serious about pushing on and eventually challenging the top 6 we should be so angry at the first half of the season that we should have had three deals lined up to sign on the dotted line on Tuesday.

Okay Besiktas have dicked around with us on Tosun but where's the left back? The manager and coaching staff have been busy over the festive period but what has Walsh been doing for the last 4 months if not lining things up to fix the mess he and Koeman created this summer?

We fucking need a left back as much as we need a striker and our season is over tonight if we lose to Liverpool.

What's the rush? You're safe this season, but you won't break into the top 6. What's the point paying a premium for new signings in January when you could get the same level of player for less in a few months time.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Wrapping presents, getting the xmas tree ready??? I am just guessing mind as he doesn't seem to be doing much else for you it at the moment... 

I know you didn't need some wise cracking Chelsea tosser poking fun during your rant but look at it this way... Looks like we are getting Barkley and if offloading him onto us is not a source of amusement to you I don't know what is... 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

if it's the same as at Leicester then there's a lot of scouting involved. Some players we scouted for up to 2 years. Cambiasso we tracked for about a year and a half.

I can appreciate there's perhaps more urgency required but i doubt he's just sitting around doing jack shit. He'll be trekking Europe most likely. And no doubt you'll have other scouts all around the world. 

It's about signing the right players, not just signing player.

You needed a year and a half to 'scout' Cambiasso? 🤔 This Walsh fella did alright sith you lot but his start to Everton has been failure so far. Apart from Pickford, none of their signings have made any difference really.

• Subscriber

@Stan The right player - how long did we scout Sandro, Klaassen, Keane and Martina and how did that work out for us?

Walsh has had over a year to identify that we only have one left back at the club and even if he stays fit he's reaching the end of his career and over a year knowing that Lukaku would be off in the summer of 2017 and we haven't made signings in either of those positions.

We've had long enough to find the perfect player for each of these positions and regardless of January premiums it should have been sorted out ready to be done on the first day of the window. Like I say people will point to Besiktas being at fault for delaying the Tosun deal which is fair enough but with Everton there's just always something and it needs to be sorted.

@Burning Gold there is a rush because this Everton squad is the worst it's been in several years. We're a big club that want to get in and amongst the top 6 and if we just give up on an entire season because we've had a bad start and we can't catch the top six then we never will catch the top 6. For us to say ah we'll just leave it until the summer and sort it then means we fall further behind while the top six invest in continuing to improve their squads. We can still realistically get 7th which is potentially Europe and have a run at the FA Cup. Calling our season over because we were in the relegation zone after 10 games and now we're not would be another disgrace in a season of disgraces. 

If nothing else, the club owes it to the fans that have turned up to watch dour shite all season to try and at least do something about it and inject some life to the club on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

@Stan The right player - how long did we scout Sandro, Klaassen, Keane and Martina and how did that work out for us?

Walsh has had over a year to identify that we only have one left back at the club and even if he stays fit he's reaching the end of his career and over a year knowing that Lukaku would be off in the summer of 2017 and we haven't made signings in either of those positions.

We've had long enough to find the perfect player for each of these positions and regardless of January premiums it should have been sorted out ready to be done on the first day of the window. Like I say people will point to Besiktas being at fault for delaying the Tosun deal which is fair enough but with Everton there's just always something and it needs to be sorted.

@Burning Gold there is a rush because this Everton squad is the worst it's been in several years. We're a big club that want to get in and amongst the top 6 and if we just give up on an entire season because we've had a bad start and we can't catch the top six then we never will catch the top 6. For us to say ah we'll just leave it until the summer and sort it then means we fall further behind while the top six invest in continuing to improve their squads. We can still realistically get 7th which is potentially Europe and have a run at the FA Cup. Calling our season over because we were in the relegation zone after 10 games and now we're not would be another disgrace in a season of disgraces. 

If nothing else, the club owes it to the fans that have turned up to watch dour shite all season to try and at least do something about it and inject some life to the club on the pitch.

I can totally relate to your last sentence. I’ve got loads of mates and some family that are bitters and after giving it large that they were gonna put it up us all summer, I can confirm that the lot of them are absolutely gutted with how this season has panned out. 

Most of them spend an absolute fortune following you lot so yeah, I totally agree, the Everton fans are owed a certain amount of ambition. 

Obviously I give all my bitter mates and family a fair amount of shit, just as I do on here, but they all know it’s pure banter. I don’t want to see Everton struggling in all honesty, I like the rivalry, I love the nervousness of knowing you lot might finish above us. I love it all. There’s really no fun when there’s no proper rivalry. 

So buck your fucking ideas up you shit twats because I’m bored of taking the piss :D

Looks like Can has reached an agreement with Juventus to join them for free in the summer on £85’000 a week. 

Shocking business by us that. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s a young German International that is versatile as fuck and to lose him for nothing, after developing him for so long is pretty fucking shoddy on our part. 

31 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Looks like Can has reached an agreement with Juventus to join them for free in the summer on £85’000 a week. 

Shocking business by us that. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s a young German International that is versatile as fuck and to lose him for nothing, after developing him for so long is pretty fucking shoddy on our part. 

Didn't they get Khedira on a free too?

Christ Juve have been doing proper business this past decade!

38 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think I've said it before, but I'm only disappointed he's going for nothing, not that he's leaving at all. Apparently the issue wasn't the money we were offering, but the fact that he wanted to be assured that he'd play as a holding midfielder. If that is indeed the case, I'm more than happy for him to do it somewhere else because he's shit in that position. He doesn't track runners, he can't deal with the pace of the Premier League, and he still commits far too many stupid fouls.

He'll do well in Italy, but I don't think he was ever going to be a top player for us.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not too fussed about it. Especially for those wages. He's far too inconsistent to be paid that much.

Watch him be fucking ace in Italy though with the slower pace of the game there.

Shame to lose him on a free, but he honoured his contract. And quite frankly he's not worth the wages he was asking for us.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

As long as he's replaced properly none of us are going to lose any sleep over losing him. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, FOYM said:

You needed a year and a half to 'scout' Cambiasso? 🤔 This Walsh fella did alright sith you lot but his start to Everton has been failure so far. Apart from Pickford, none of their signings have made any difference really.

To be honest I can't really give anyone that much credit for scouting Pickford. Unless it really is someone a bit bizarre in the league who happens to perform a lot better in your system than any previous (Albrighton for example) then big deal, I could've told Everton to sign Pickford.

Walsh you'd have to credit I reckon for Gueye and Calvert-Lewin, possibly Vlasic. Gueye 100% is his work and I've always had a bit of a theory that him and Ranieri fell out over Ranieri wanting to sign Nampalys Mendy instead of Gueye. It took Ranieri enough convincing to sign Kante.

• Subscriber

Rumours that Liverpool are signing Mahrez for £48mil. We really are the biggest soft touch going if we take that just after Van Dijk's gone for £75mil and Coutinho's gone for £145mil.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived