• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Ratto doesn’t exist mate... In that case it would be with one ‘t’ i.e. “Rato” although in Spanish the correct term would be “Raton” but not apt in this case because a “Raton” is a mouse and not a Rat which is much larger and more dangerous where biting is in question.  Rat in Spanish is very similar and as in all cases or most, danger is usually assimilated with females which means that a rat (much larger and more dangerous) is called “Una Rata” in Spanish, “Rata”.xD

He does look like a rat to be honest, I’ve also always thought this. But because in truth he is such a nice guy and a very faithful guy to boot in person from everything I’ve heard and read, it would be nasty to go down that route.  Biting things can sometimes be a kind of OCD mate.  :ph34r:

Thanks for clearing up the difference between a mouse and a rat for us mate :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

De Bruyne isn't fit to tie Mahrez' laces

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Mahrez was named the best player in England two years ago. I don't buy that you can do that without being pretty special in some way.

The market is ridiculous now hence why I'd demand something silly. The risk we're playing however is that we've known for ages he's wanted out and if we keep turning down bids, regardless of the inflation in the market, he might be really pissed off with us.

I don't even hold it against him wanting to leave to be honest. He's good enough to play in the Champions League year in year out. We just can't offer that as it stands.

Honest question to you and Stan, would Mahrez get in our team? ..if so who is he replacing out of Silva, De Bruyne, Sane & Sterling?

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Honest question to you and Stan, would Mahrez get in our team? ..if so who is he replacing out of Silva, De Bruyne, Sane & Sterling?

i was joking :D

he wouldn't get in the team. He may have replaced Sane when he was off form recently but Silva/De Bruyne and Sterling have been sensational this season.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

i was joking :D

he wouldn't get in the team. He may have replaced Sane when he was off form recently but Silva/De Bruyne and Sterling have been sensational this season.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

He'd probably play a Bernardo Silva like role, but I think Bernardo will likely become more important for you as time goes on anyway.

I agree with you both B|    ...now, De Bruyne  & Sterling recently cost us 50ish million each, Sane 37mill, Jesus 27 mill   ...so how much is Mahrez worth, a player  as you pointed out wouldn't get a game ahead of any of them players? ;)

From what I've read it seems that Alisson is a much more sensible option. 

Oblak is class but Atleti will bleed any buyers dry for him, whereas Alisson should offer a massive upgrade with a lot more funds left for other areas.

The Brazil set-up seem to rate him on par with Ederson so he must be good.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree with you both B|    ...now, De Bruyne  & Sterling recently cost us 50ish million each, Sane 37mill, Jesus 27 mill   ...so how much is Mahrez worth, a player  as you pointed out wouldn't get a game ahead of any of them players? ;)

Sterling would go for nearer double that in this window. De Bruyne goes for over Coutinho's fee if there's any sense (that's a big if), Sane goes for massive money, Jesus came from Palmeiras who have nothing like our money.

tl;dr - £250mil.

• Subscriber

I can totally see Maguire to Man City. I think Pep's a fan of his. Excellent on the ball, defensively I think he's quite hit and miss in all honesty, but I said that about Stones and look at him now.

£50mil was the rumoured fee. I'd be sad to see him go but I'd take that much. Getting him for £12mil was a very good deal. The best we've made since winning the league.

EDIT: Other than selling Schlupp for £12mil.

3 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Thanks for clearing up the difference between a mouse and a rat for us mate :ph34r:

The best was that I had said in the previous post that I knew the differences xD Yet he still explained away. @SirBalon should be a high-school teacher

Hopefully we bring this Allison fella in. BOUND to be an upgrade on the clowns we have. 

Griezmann would never join us, it's a sideways step. Suarez, I would have back but there are more pressing issues to spend the money on.  

Just now, FOYM said:

Hopefully we bring this Allison fella in. BOUND to be an upgrade on the clowns we have. 

Griezmann would never join us, it's a sideways step. Suarez, I would have back but there are more pressing issues to spend the money on.  

Upgrade? Alisson is complete shite.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

The Brazil set-up seem to rate him on par with Ederson so he must be good.

He's a myth. He's about as bad if not worse than Mignolet.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived