• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forums

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sky Sports claiming City are walking away from Sanchez due to his wage demands. @Happy Blue

Nvm, apparently City don't want to spend the 35 mill and only want to spend 20. 

Meanwhile the Chelsea board are circle jerking over a photo of Andy Carroll. 

Take Man Utd's offer. He wont win the league there this season, we get a player that we can restore to being good in Mkhitaryan and he'll annoy the piss out of Mourinho by giving the ball away 20 times a game.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Sky Sports claiming City are walking away from Sanchez due to his wage demands. @Happy Blue

Sky Sports ...or Sky Bets? ;)   ..a contract was agreed in the summer, cant see Sanchez moving the goal post now on less he's only about the money, in which case he will go to PSG or united!   ..i think his heart is still on City though, the prem almost wrapped up, one leg in a cup final, a nice draw in the knockouts of the CL, if he comes to City he's getting more than just a good wage

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Sky sports are just quoting what the papers are saying..sad what they have become. Their sources are just quoting other people.

It’s not just the 20 million it’s the fees agent wise which is an issue I think. Not just what arsenal want.

17 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Sky sports are just quoting what the papers are saying..sad what they have become. Their sources are just quoting other people.

It’s not just the 20 million it’s the fees agent wise which is an issue I think. Not just what arsenal want.

I actually think it's more of a case of City knowing Alexis wants to sign only for them, so they are walking away until the summer where they can get him on a free. 

Think considering it's Arsenal and the fact Sanchez probably prefers to play with Pep, leaves us out of the quesiton. Our board are thick, but not that thick.

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

I actually think it's more of a case of City knowing Alexis wants to sign only for them, so they are walking away until the summer where they can get him on a free. 

Think considering it's Arsenal and the fact Sanchez probably prefers to play with Pep, leaves us out of the quesiton. Our board are thick, but not that thick.

It really is hard to know what is real or not. It would be a shame not to sign Alexis but if he wants more money over winning then thats up to him. His wage demands could be the issue again and he certainly doesn't deserve more than KDB.

If he stays at Arsenal then just sign him in the summer on a free will do. We don't need him to win trophies but would sure help for the CL.

1 hour ago, Pep Talk said:

It really is hard to know what is real or not. It would be a shame not to sign Alexis but if he wants more money over winning then thats up to him. His wage demands could be the issue again and he certainly doesn't deserve more than KDB.

If he stays at Arsenal then just sign him in the summer on a free will do. We don't need him to win trophies but would sure help for the CL.

I don’t know if he doesn’t deserve more wages than Kevin de Bruyne... It’s hard to say he doesn’t to be honest because aside from the turmoil that has been this season, he has been one of the highest performing and outstanding players in the Premier League.  He also came from Barça where he won it all and helped his country to two consecutive Copa América.

If like I started with, we’re going to base his worth on this season, then that’s an error because everyone knows what’s been happening and it has nothing to do with what can deliver.  He wanted to go in the summer and he was made to stay because he still has time remaining on his contract... It was almost like being punished because the club could’ve got a bit more money in the summer for him and we’ve had a moping player on our hands (Arsenal) that hasn’t offered as much as he can and has been less professional than Coutinho for example who was also dying to leave his club but offered some brilliant performances when played.

Why does KDB deserve more wages than Alexis?

Alexis is the icing on the cake in your attack as far as I’m concerned and the only thing that needs to be thought about that more down the line is who the replace Agüero with, but that for the summer.

36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don’t know if he doesn’t deserve more wages than Kevin de Bruyne... It’s hard to say he doesn’t to be honest because aside from the turmoil that has been this season, he has been one of the highest performing and outstanding players in the Premier League.  He also came from Barça where he won it all and helped his country to two consecutive Copa América.

If like I started with, we’re going to base his worth on this season, then that’s an error because everyone knows what’s been happening and it has nothing to do with what can deliver.  He wanted to go in the summer and he was made to stay because he still has time remaining on his contract... It was almost like being punished because the club could’ve got a bit more money in the summer for him and we’ve had a moping player on our hands (Arsenal) that hasn’t offered as much as he can and has been less professional than Coutinho for example who was also dying to leave his club but offered some brilliant performances when played.

Why does KDB deserve more wages than Alexis?

Alexis is the icing on the cake in your attack as far as I’m concerned and the only thing that needs to be thought about that more down the line is who the replace Agüero with, but that for the summer.

KDB deserves more wages as you can argue he's the best midfielder in the world and if city wins the PL and CL will be among the favourites for Ballon D'Or

Alexis is obviously a great player who can make any team better and has had a good career but wages of 400,000 would be too much when city do have a wage structure in place afterall and him making loads more than everybody else wouldn't go down well.

Sanchez is interesting, both United and City after him...I'm surprised Chelsea haven't put a bid in.

I think either way Sanchez will do well whoever he chooses, but for me City is guaranteed silverware whereas there's a chance they could block United out of it next season and even the season after. He's 29 now, the next club he goes to needs to the right decision or he could be in his 30s wondering whatever happened to his career.

59 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

KDB deserves more wages as you can argue he's the best midfielder in the world and if city wins the PL and CL will be among the favourites for Ballon D'Or

Alexis is obviously a great player who can make any team better and has had a good career but wages of 400,000 would be too much when city do have a wage structure in place afterall and him making loads more than everybody else wouldn't go down well.

De Bruyne is the best midfielder in the world in what sense?  Midfield encompasses many positions and factors.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

De Bruyne is the best midfielder in the world in what sense?  Midfield encompasses many positions and factors.

the fact that he left Chelsea and bettered himself :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

the fact that he left Chelsea and bettered himself :ph34r: 

Don get me wrong... I love De Bruyne and I've sung his praises enough this season and last year!  I've said that out of all the players at City he understands best Pep's system and that isn't easy and is a big accolade considering he wasn't brought up in Spain.  But from there to a sweeping statement that leaves holes I don't know.

Edit: Not your statement mate.

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The fact he's the best attacking midfielder and does everything better than everybody else. There isn't anybody Who plays his position that i would rather have than him.

21 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

The fact he's the best attacking midfielder and does everything better than everybody else. There isn't anybody Who plays his position that i would rather have than him.

That’s fine mate, I don’t doubt you wouldn’t have anyone other than him and I get that. But from there to saying he’s the best in the world in that position is a big statement. The best for you I suppose... Even at 33 I’d rather have Iniesta who is a legend of the game. Without a doubt though De Bruyne has the ability to be the best there when Iniesta retires... ;)

That’s my catch on it.

But on the wages detail... Alexis has achieved more and as things stand he is of a superior status and can demand more than De Bruyne. 

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That’s fine mate, I don’t doubt you wouldn’t have anyone other than him and I get that. But from there to saying he’s the best in the world in that position is a big statement. The best for you I suppose... Even at 33 I’d rather have Iniesta who is a legend of the game. Without a doubt though De Bruyne has the ability to be the best there when Iniesta retires... ;)

That’s my catch on it.

But on the wages detail... Alexis has achieved more and as things stand he is of a superior status and can demand more than De Bruyne. 

Just my opinion though, He's got to do it year after year to be historically great though. That is what Iniesta has done. In terms of the past 10 years he is the best I've seen personally. I'm basing things on this year only.

While Alexis can demand more It wouldn't help the team for a player to be getting paid so much more than everybody else., Thats my main point really. Wage wise it is very well balanced with the best players at City.  I do think Alexis needs to lower his demands from what has been said for this to happen in january. I don't think city mind paying 20 million signing on bonus in the summer but a transfer fee plus signing on i think will be too much 

1 hour ago, Pep Talk said:

Just my opinion though, He's got to do it year after year to be historically great though. That is what Iniesta has done. In terms of the past 10 years he is the best I've seen personally. I'm basing things on this year only.

While Alexis can demand more It wouldn't help the team for a player to be getting paid so much more than everybody else., Thats my main point really. Wage wise it is very well balanced with the best players at City.  I do think Alexis needs to lower his demands from what has been said for this to happen in january. I don't think city mind paying 20 million signing on bonus in the summer but a transfer fee plus signing on i think will be too much 

You’re right, he should lower his demands and I agree. I was just trying to point out that amongst your best I think he’s up there with them if he performs to his highest level which under Pep I have no doubt he will. He’s playing within himself at Arsenal because he doesn’t want to be here.

I love De Bruyne... He has everything I love in the position he plays in. 

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You’re right, he should lower his demands and I agree. I was just trying to point out that amongst your best I think he’s up there with them if he performs to his highest level which under Pep I have no doubt he will. He’s playing within himself at Arsenal because he doesn’t want to be here.

I love De Bruyne... He has everything I love in the position he plays in. 

Agree with your last sentence. I’m no City fan and I take absolutely no joy from seeing them being so fucking good but seriously, watching De Bruyne at times is a joy. I think he has the potential to be the best player in the world, I rate him that highly. 

Chelsea fans must feel sick to the stomach. 

Archived