talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

We do. But the two league titles in three years since he and Salah left, eases the pain. 

Would kill for either of them right now though. 

Oh no doubt your titles have eased the pain mate. I wasn’t having a dig btw. 

Mourinho, although he brought you success, has literally cost you hundreds of millions by not giving players a chance. Salah and De Bruyne as you mentioned being the biggest mistakes. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Oh, it's like that is it? ..what happened to the enemy of my enemy is my friend? :what: 

I don’t mind City mate, but I’m no fan and it irritates me how when we are starting to look really good, you lot turn into Supermen xD

8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

In this market he's basically worth it. Could be one of the best players in the world and be a key player for years, and he's basically guaranteed to be the best American in history so there's a huge marketing angle.

Was about to echo this. Can see Liverpool being bigger than United in the states in the coming years from this signing alone. 

If I was a fan though I wouldn't care about marketing. That's all the PL has become these days anyways. Sure he's good but do Liverpool need more attackers?

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

If I was a fan though I wouldn't care about marketing. That's all the PL has become these days anyways. Sure he's good but do Liverpool need more attackers?

Fans should be as concerned about marketing revenue as they are about fees. If the fee is going to be scrutinised and mocked, then it's only reasonable to explain mitigating factors. Ideally neither would happen. 

As for needing more attackers, Pulisic is more of a creative player than a goalscorer, and could conceivably play the advanced role in a midfield 3. 

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

More marketability = more money = more success. It doesn't fit the romantic ideals of football, but that's the way it is these days.

I was going more for my idea that PL have become too much about marketing. Look at Man United. They're a bit of a joke with these celebration of the season awards, or getting Mourinho because he's the "famous" manager. Everything else you said though is truthful.

55 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Famous? Is that the word for proven winner? If I had to choose among klopp,conte, or mou? I would pick the guy who won the CL with Porto and Inter.

Mou won’t be at Utd beyond next season. The man is cracking up. 

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

He will be around ;) its amusing how badly you and the chelsea fans want him to leave.... Obsessed. If woodward can get a player like Dybala this summer, man utd will probably win the league with ease and be strong contenders for the CL.(as long as mourinho continues in charge)

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

tmp_5216-images(18)1877393844.jpg.64ff79259360410f51025a100e988bfb.jpg

Sorry for trusting the guy who dethroned(defeated) the "greatest team of time" Barcelona. tbh, Citeh and man utd are the only real contenders.... Next year Liverpool, Chelsea, and arsenal will be too busy rebuilding. Mourinho will deliver trophies... The only question is how many....

:rofl:

Appointing a manager isn't about how successful you are or how well known. Its about appointing the right one. I can't comment on Man United and Mourinho, it seems to me like it was a marketing move given all the idiotic things they are doing for popularity.

My point though is that you can't use the argument "he won this and that" etc to prove how fitting he is for a certain club. If Man United wanted trophies, then they were always going to get that with someone like Mourinho or Ancelotti, but you're not going to get player development or long term processes. A manager like Simeone or Klopp is better for those. It also depends on style. If you want entertaining and winning football, you're not going to get it from Jose. 

Its also about respect though. I can never see someone like Sampaoli succeeding at a big ego club like Real Madrid, in the same way Rafa Benitez failed there. They simply won't be respected because the players are worth more in the football world, and they will believe that like children. Its like being a 19 year old teacher in a classroom full of older adults.

There are many many formulas and its hard to describe them all in one post, but its a stupid argument to prove how fitting a manager is just because he's won good trophies. Its not about that. That's why I had huge doubts about Newcastle initially appointing Rafa. I've never liked him, we know this. However he was never going to keep Newcastle up that season and it wasn't because he didn't have time, its because he hadn't managed a relegation threatened club in 20 years. 

8 hours ago, Blue said:

There are many many formulas and its hard to describe them all in one post, but its a stupid argument to prove how fitting a manager is just because he's won good trophies. Its not about that. That's why I had huge doubts about Newcastle initially appointing Rafa. I've never liked him, we know this. However he was never going to keep Newcastle up that season and it wasn't because he didn't have time, its because he hadn't managed a relegation threatened club in 20 years. 

3 wins and 3 draws in the last 6 games of the season. I think it is fair to say he did run out of time.

It is also worth noting that no one has ever taken over a team in the bottom 3 with that few games left and kept them up. There appears to be a statistical cut off point for what works.

5 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

3 wins and 3 draws in the last 6 games of the season. I think it is fair to say he did run out of time.

It is also worth noting that no one has ever taken over a team in the bottom 3 with that few games left and kept them up. There appears to be a statistical cut off point for what works.

Fair enough mate, I didn't know the stats, but I still stand by that he had little relegation battle experience at least when he was hired

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sanchez set for United move. 

Guess we'll settle for Dybala

BREAKING: Alexis Sanchez has publicly spoken to Chilean press saying he is looking forward to playing as a right back as he'll be able to do everything in the team. Defend and attack.

Big rumours of us replacing Alexis with Malcom from Bordeaux for around £40m. Lots of rave reviews this season, although I can't say I have seen anything of him. Also Guillem Balague claims we are in for Aubameyang for around £55m. Malcom seems the more concrete rumour though.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived