talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

Outlash will be pretty bad xD

Although he can't do much worse than Batshuayi. 

Almost 100 million on Drinkwater, Zappacosta, and now Carroll. 

No one can make the excuse that we are saving our spending for the new stadium. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

35m for Carroll can't be real. Hasn't hit even double figures since 2010/11 mostly due to injury but an absolute baffling investment from Chelsea if true. Is that really where they're going to put the money they did us out of with Barkley? If so I'm less annoyed about that whole situation.

6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

We're a joke.

It's not necessarily the fact that we're not spending money or not spending enough, it's who we're choosing to use that money on.

Exactly. Can't really use the excuse 'we are waching our spending for the new stadium', when we've spent nearly a combined 150 million this season on bang average players. 

Sanchez's wages should not be an issue. If the reports are true that he's wanting 300K, what's wrong with that? Were we not in the process of offering Hazard a new contract worth that amount? Were we not about to make Courtois the highest paid GK in the world?

There really is a lack of ambition at the moment. And you CANNOT convince me otherwise that there is zero correlation that this all started happening the moment Gourlay stepped down, and this Marina lass has been appointed. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

We are on the verge of signing Carroll for 35 million :rofl:

If PSG had any sense, they should be talking to Conte NOW

You have to be joking xD

If there's one thing funnier than Andy Carroll going for £35mil it's Andy Carroll going for £35mil twice.

Disaster of a signing. Embarrassing.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Clubs that are vying to join the elite need as many world class players as they can get mate.  But there are other players you will be able to acquire in the summer anyway.

Sanchez is quality and any team in the league will get a good return from him, but I think his time are Arsenal shows he's not world class.

Players that good lift the teams they're in, like Suarez did for Liverpool, Bale did for Spurs, Kane is for Spurs, how de Bruyne is for City (amongst others). I wouldn't put Sanchez in that category because a player that good wouldn't be in a team lying in 6th now and would have come close to a league title. The only player mentioned above who hasn't was Bale but that was a different time where he helped elevate Spurs into Europe when it was looking impossible they'd make it.

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD Let it out bruh!!! Let your anger out!!! Lmao

The question is how many trophies will the defending champs get this year? Not as many as the "weak" man utd won last year :rofl:

What's more funny is that the last time United won a league title, Caitlyn Jenner had a penis :rofl:

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Sanchez is quality and any team in the league will get a good return from him, but I think his time are Arsenal shows he's not world class.

Players that good lift the teams they're in, like Suarez did for Liverpool, Bale did for Spurs, Kane is for Spurs, how de Bruyne is for City (amongst others). I wouldn't put Sanchez in that category because a player that good wouldn't be in a team lying in 6th now and would have come close to a league title. The only player mentioned above who hasn't was Bale but that was a different time where he helped elevate Spurs into Europe when it was looking impossible they'd make it.

Mate... As far as I’m concerned Alexis carried Arsenal for two and a half years or more.  We can go back to paper headlines (typical ones) that were coming out every week.

Due to varying factors all revolving initially around his contract and then the fact he just blatantly wanted to leave no matter how much he was paid, his form dipped.  That isn’t a fair measure on a player’s quality mate!  I’d be more inclined to entertain that it isn’t infact what I believe to be the reason for his tremendous dip in form and that it’s actually due to age creeping up on him (although there’s been many players that have defied this ageism nonsense) in a debate than questioning his status.

There’s a clear reason as to why Wenger kept both Alexis and Özil on when he knew he could potentially lose them on a free which was to save his own arse because he knew those two when on form are 1 million light years ahead of anything else he’s got and that could benefit him. So what we get are spits and spurts from both lately when they’re in the mood and want to enjoy themselves because that day the team are unusually playing well enough.

Gareth Bale has been shit for three years and under the same vein of Alexis’ dip (a much shorter spell than Bale’s) then you shouldn’t be including him in that list if you’re going to whip Alexis with that same birch tree branch.  Bale lifted a past Spurs side and Alexis lifted a past Arsenal side... Comparing both sides qualities would be demagoguery if you are contemplating going down that route because what a team is worth and what infact a player is even worth is very subjective.

What occurs is that many things that shouldn’t be, are overrated.  Then there are other things sometimes that are more hidden from the naked eye and aren’t so spectacular that should be valued a lot more.  That I will concede and maybe neither Bale or Alexis have ever been World Class... Who knows!  But what I do know is that for a long while at Arsenal it was all about Alexis and most teams in the Premier League couldn’t live with him.

Being reported that West Ham want nearer 20M which is still a silly amount.. Is this really the best we can hope for though?? 

United going all out to get Sanchez and Chelsea opt for a bloke on the verge of pulling his football pension... Apparently we are arguing the toss over his wheelchair as part of the deal... They don't want to let it go and he does not want to part with it... 

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate... As far as I’m concerned Alexis carried Arsenal for two and a half years or more.  We can go back to paper headlines (typical ones) that were coming out every week.

Due to varying factors all revolving initially around his contract and then the fact he just blatantly wanted to leave no matter how much he was paid, his form dipped.  That isn’t a fair measure on a player’s quality mate!  I’d be more inclined to entertain that it isn’t infact what I believe to be the reason for his tremendous dip in form and that it’s actually due to age creeping up on him (although there’s been many players that have defied this ageism nonsense) in a debate than questioning his status.

There’s a clear reason as to why Wenger kept both Alexis and Özil on when he knew he could potentially lose them on a free which was to save his own arse because he knew those two when on form are 1 million light years ahead of anything else he’s got and that could benefit him. So what we get are spits and spurts from both lately when they’re in the mood and want to enjoy themselves because that day the team are unusually playing well enough.

Gareth Bale has been shit for three years and under the same vein of Alexis’ dip (a much shorter spell than Bale’s) then you shouldn’t be including him in that list if you’re going to whip Alexis with that same birch tree branch.  Bale lifted a past Spurs side and Alexis lifted a past Arsenal side... Comparing both sides qualities would be demagoguery if you are contemplating going down that route because what a team is worth and what infact a player is even worth is very subjective.

What occurs is that many things that shouldn’t be, are overrated.  Then there are other things sometimes that are more hidden from the naked eye and aren’t so spectacular that should be valued a lot more.  That I will concede and maybe neither Bale or Alexis have ever been World Class... Who knows!  But what I do know is that for a long while at Arsenal it was all about Alexis and most teams in the Premier League couldn’t live with him.

Bale now compared to the Bale that left Spurs are two very different players injuries apart.

You finished 5th last season and completely bottled the challenge against Leicester before, he's hardly carried you if you've been that shit and as shit as you are as a club finishing 5th is not an achievement, you could buy any striker to finish 5th with.

Very good player yes, world class no.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Bale now compared to the Bale that left Spurs are two very different players injuries apart.

You finished 5th last season and completely bottled the challenge against Leicester before, he's hardly carried you if you've been that shit and as shit as you are as a club finishing 5th is not an achievement, you could buy any striker to finish 5th with.

Very good player yes, world class no.

When he was killing teams all over the place I remember that the general consensus was that he is a world class player.  Obviously this isn’t aimed at you mate because I haven’t got the names of everyone that was saying that recorded in my retina. But that was the general consensus... Like I said on my previous post at the end... World Class is very subjective!

As for Gareth Bale... Nobody in Spain is blaming anything to do with injuries on his monologue style of playing the game.  Many great players have had serious injuries, more serious than Bale’s and returned to where they once were.  The problem with Bale is that he hasn’t really got all that much natural talent and his football is more based on physical strength. That’s probably why injuries have affected how poor he is when he has been playing for the last three years.

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

When he was killing teams all over the place I remember that the general consensus was that he is a world class player.  Obviously this isn’t aimed at you mate because I haven’t got the names of everyone that was saying that recorded in my retina. But that was the general consensus... Like I said on my previous post at the end... World Class is very subjective!

As for Gareth Bale... Nobody in Spain is blaming anything to do with injuries on his monologue style of playing the game.  Many great players have had serious injuries, more serious than Bale’s and returned to where they once were.  The problem with Bale is that he hasn’t really got all that much natural talent and his football is more based on physical strength. That’s probably why injuries have affected how poor he is when he has been playing for the last three years.

He's 29, has won one league title   in Europe where he was a bit part player, is a forward who has only scored 30+ goals once in his career and before that only came close once before scoring 25 goals.

Bales scoring record ain't great and as I said his body has failed him since but he earned his move away from Spurs and earned the that reputation as a young player and even with his move scored important goals to win the biggest silverware.

Sanchez on the other hand wasted his best years at Arsenal which is more telling of his decision making of anything, again a very good player but world class he is not.

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

He's 29, has won one league title   in Europe where he was a bit part player, is a forward who has only scored 30+ goals once in his career and before that only came close once before scoring 25 goals.

Bales scoring record ain't great and as I said his body has failed him since but he earned his move away from Spurs and earned the that reputation as a young player and even with his move scored important goals to win the biggest silverware.

Sanchez on the other hand wasted his best years at Arsenal which is more telling of his decision making of anything, again a very good player but world class he is not.

Totally agree with your final sentence.

Mkhitaryan's agent is Mino Raiola. Fucking hell, that scumbag needs to be shot. A part of me isn't too fond of this deal now if we have to deal with him.

Fingers crossed for Bayern coming in last second because of Ribery and Robben aging.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Mkhitaryan's agent is Mino Raiola. Fucking hell, that scumbag needs to be shot. A part of me isn't too fond of this deal now if we have to deal with him.

Fingers crossed for Bayern coming in last second because of Ribery and Robben aging.

I don't think Bayern are the kind of club to replace a 34 year-old with a 29 year-old. 

CARROLL LATEST

West Ham would listen to offers of £20m for Andy Carroll, but up to now there has been no Chelsea bid and no official approach, Sky Sports News understands. 

Source: Skysports

I hoped our board aren't complete tools.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived