talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez is currently detrimental to the team, not really that fussed that he's leaving but it's slightly annoying that it's to Man Utd (although I'm not sure how much of a Mourinho player he is).

Talks of Malcom or Aubameyang coming in. Just hoping this shit gets done soon.

I just don’t get it at all? He’s a decent squad player when fully fit but that’s not very often. 

Roman is obviously cutting back on the spending with the upcoming new stadium on the horizon but will that set Chelsea back significantly? 

Conte is obviously off at the end of the season and if Chelsea are starting to target players like Drinkwater, Bakayoko & Andy Carrol, whilst those around them are bringing in players like Sanchez, Kieta etc... then Chelsea might be another club from London (like Arsenal) that might fall away. 

• Administrator

It's like they've given up hope of winning anything. Are they struggling with quotas for home-grown players (over 21) hence the signings of Barkley, Drinkwater, Carroll? It's like on FM where you have to sign a British player even though they're not going to be that good for your squad but they have to meet the homegrown quotas for the competitions they're in. 

Andy Carroll must be loving this speculation though. Somewhat bit-part player (because of his injuries) at West Ham and now could request a higher salary for a second chance at a bigger club (Newcastle and Chelsea, third chance if you count Liverpool :ph34r: ). 

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Conte is obviously off at the end of the season and if Chelsea are starting to target players like Drinkwater, Bakayoko & Andy Carrol, whilst those around them are bringing in players like Sanchez, Kieta etc..

There’s something in this and it makes sense.  Why would a club risk big money on what a coach wants if he may not stick around.  Better to leave that money for someone who WILL be there!

On the other hand, Conte probably wants to leave because what he wants has never (apart from Morata) been given to him.

I do think this is quite strange, Sanchez isn't choosing a move to China, he's going to Manchester United. He may not be going to Guardiola but he's going to a proven winner in Mourinho, you can put it on him but if you flip it over who would you go for out of the two sides, the side who will go out of their way to get you or the side who have set a restriction on you?

I'm not a big fan of Mourinho's style of football and I'd question anyone who is because it's proven time and time again to be boring as fuck whenever the going gets tough, but Sanchez will most likely win the league at United at some point and will most likely contend for the Champions League (much like City will).

Personally I'd wait and go to City in the Summer, but he's 29 years old and needs certainty so if United are going to go all out to give it to him then that's not a financial choice, that's a smart career choice.

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

I do think this is quite strange, Sanchez isn't choosing a move to China, he's going to Manchester United. He may not be going to Guardiola but he's going to a proven winner in Mourinho, you can put it on him but if you flip it over who would you go for out of the two sides, the side who will go out of their way to get you or the side who have set a restriction on you?

I'm not a big fan of Mourinho's style of football and I'd question anyone who is because it's proven time and time again to be boring as fuck whenever the going gets tough, but Sanchez will most likely win the league at United at some point and will most likely contend for the Champions League (much like City will).

Personally I'd wait and go to City in the Summer, but he's 29 years old and needs certainty so if United are going to go all out to give it to him then that's not a financial choice, that's a smart career choice.

I don’t know, I’d say at 29 he’d have little chance of winning the league at Utd, they are miles away from City in terms of manager and squad. Add to that Mourinho is on the verge of a mental breakdown, I think I’d wait 6 months and go to City. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don’t know, I’d say at 29 he’d have little chance of winning the league at Utd, they are miles away from City in terms of manager and squad. Add to that Mourinho is on the verge of a mental breakdown, I think I’d wait 6 months and go to City. 

agree with this. City have far better prospect of winning more silverware than Utd right now and for the next few years. Didn't he get on quite well with Guardiola as well when at Barca?

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It would take a lot for City to win it three times in a row and for United not to be competitive next season.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

It would take a lot for City to win it three times in a row and for United not to be competitive next season.

Even so, imagine playing the last years of your career under a bloke like Mourinho, a bloke that constantly throws his players under a bus to deflect the fact that he’s losing his mind? 

Nah, I just can’t see why he’d want to join Utd over City other than for financial reasons. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

agree with this. City have far better prospect of winning more silverware than Utd right now and for the next few years. Didn't he get on quite well with Guardiola as well when at Barca?

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

So you guys don't think Sanchez would improve United's chances next season? :/ 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Even so, imagine playing the last years of your career under a bloke like Mourinho, a bloke that constantly throws his players under a bus to deflect the fact that he’s losing his mind? 

Nah, I just can’t see why he’d want to join Utd over City other than for financial reasons. 

That would be the only reason for going to United and that would be a big slap in the face to Arsenal who are at the same level as them,  plus he does not do much defending so he's not even a Jose type player   ...it will be a big turn around if he doesn't sign for us free in the summer or this window, going to united makes zero sense

Hope we stick yo our guns with the 20million offer, he's free in the summer and i'm not really Arsed if he comes or not, he will have a Bernardo rotation type role but would be good cover for injurys, he's not going to make the current starting 11 in the form he's in  

18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That would be the only reason for going to United and that would be a big slap in the face to Arsenal who are at the same level as them,  plus he does not do much defending so he's not even a Jose type player   ...it will be a big turn around if he doesn't sign for us free in the summer or this window, going to united makes zero sense

Hope we stick yo our guns with the 20million offer, he's free in the summer and i'm not really Arsed if he comes or not, he will have a Bernardo rotation type role but would be good cover for injurys, he's not going to make the current starting 11 in the form he's in  

And all he’ll do at Utd is stifle the development of Rashford and Martiel. Typical Mourinho signing to be honest. 

Fuck the youth. 

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Blue said:

maybe he will improve them. but City are still so far ahead of them it may be irrelevant.

My point though was that he has more chance of winning silverware at City than he will at Utd.

54 minutes ago, Blue said:

Possibly yes but we were talking about it from Sanchez’s perspective, not Utd’s. If he’s wanting to win a title within the next couple of years then he’d be better going to City because I don’t think Utd are winning it anytime soon. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived