talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

Just now, Cannabis said:

I'd like to judge Salah after a few seasons though, rightly or wrongly he was bang average at Chelsea so for all we know this could be a purple patch. 

Its not a purple patch mate, he was good at Roma as well. I see more of a game in James though, Salah is really about beating everyone in that backline and either squandering or finishing a chance. James is more of a team focal point with a ton of technique, great vision and a good goalscorer as well. 

Salah is good but there is no comparison between who I'd take first in my eyes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

I'd like to judge Salah after a few seasons though, rightly or wrongly he was bang average at Chelsea so for all we know this could be a purple patch. 

Bang average? He barely got a chance at Chelsea, and this purple patch has spread since the day he left Chelsea. He was quality for Roma and he’s getting better and better as he goes on. Mark my words, he’ll be at Real or another powerhouse within 2 years. 

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If he was world-class he would have got a chance - bang average.

And I'm sure you're right, I'm just saying give it time that's all. Plenty of players have started well and tailed off.

How old was he when he was at Chelsea and how many players are world class at that age? 

Hes an absolute beast mate and £36m in today’s market is the snip of the century. 

Salah DO DO DO DO DO 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How old was he when he was at Chelsea and how many players are world class at that age? 

Hes an absolute beast mate and £36m in today’s market is the snip of the century. 

Salah DO DO DO DO DO 

Please tell me they are not singing that.... 

Simply not true that Salah would have been given a chance at Chelsea if he  wasn’t ‘bang average’, many fine players have not been given ample a opportunity there. In fairness Chelsea did have established players in his position so it wasn’t like he was ever going to be first choice, I don’t really know why they signed him.

Even tough there were "connections" out sorry arse board never really made an official bid. Crouch is a piss take, while on the other hand Džeko isn't. 

They say Chelsea are prepared to pay €50m for Dzeko and his team-mate Emerson Palmieri, who plays left-back.

Chelsea would let Roma have Michy Batshuayi on loan as part of the deal but the Italians are also asking for another €15m.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Weakening a rival and getting a few quid out of it would make selling him in January ideal. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be bringing anyone else in though, so I doubt we'll let him go now

Weakening?

Guardiola would get more out of him than Klopp can.

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Weakening?

Guardiola would get more out of him than Klopp can.

Liverpool regular, German International, wanted by Juventus & Man City and this kid thinks he’s no good. Honestly, it’s like some people can’t see past the end of their nose mate. 

Now, it’s either the current Liverpool manager, the current Manchester City manager, the current Juventus manager and the German National team manager know absolute bell all about good young talent,, or , these lads on here are wrong? 

Not sure which me like? 

Real Madrid transfer blow: Manchester City slam door shut on January deal

REAL MADRID have seen their attempts to sign Manchester City defender Nicolas Otamendi fall flat, according to reports in Spain.

Nicolas Otamendi has had a resurgence under Pep Guardiola this season and has been pivotal in Manchester City’s march toward the title.

The Argentina international has been an ever-present at the back and chipped in with four Premier League goals already this season.

His fine form is said to have caught the attention of Real Madrid who are keen to bring the former Valencia man back to Spain

The report says Florentino Perez had hoped to sign Otamendi as a defensive partner for Sergio Ramos.

But the Real president has been forced to turn his attention to others targets on his shortlist, including Leonardo Bonucci and Chelsea centre-half David Luiz.

City have also reacted to the interest in Otamendi by tying him down to a new contract this week, keeping him at the Etihad until 2022.

Speaking about the new deal, the Argentine said: “I’ve enjoyed my time at City since the first day I arrived.

“I’m really happy to have extended my stay here by a couple more years,” he said.

“My only aim is to help the team and give all I can for this club.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived