talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't mean to play devil's advocate but he has shown this year for Stoke City that he is more than capable of making an impact in the last 15 minutes of games. When you've got the quality of Hazard, Willian, Fabregas etc. providing delivery from all angles when you need a last minute goal, Peter Crouch would be a succesful target man. If he's not scoring himself he will be giving the defence an option to think about.

For six months it's a cost effective solution. Batshuyai needs game time on loan somewhere before the World Cup. Chelsea don't need to fork out money on a Dzeko or a Benteke just yet. Whilst Carroll will not be as cost efficient and will spend 4/5ths of the time injured. Sign Crouchey for six months and reevaulate the situation when there's more time in the summer.

Hazard and Willian don't often find themselves in crossing positions mate, unless Willian has been pushed to wing back and Fabregas' delivery has been under par for a while now compared to what it use to be. Instead he'll have Moses and Alonso whipping the balls in which is the equivalent of watching Stoke anyway.

Why are we supposedly aiming for players of Crouch's level? We need quality back up in the squad.

Crouch's dad is actually a Chelsea fan but his son gets a lot of abuse when he comes to Chelsea (that's football fans for you). 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The James news is kind of amusing, i mean we just purchased him in the summer on a 2 year loan deal with purchase option for €40m or 45 I think it was. Hes done quite well so far, hes not going anywhere.

Ya can keep him mate. 

If the options are Crouch, Carroll or Benteke... 1) that's a bit funny, 2) you're a little late in Crouch's career to be collecting him, 3) Crouch is miles better than both of those.

Carroll is a constantly injured lump. Benteke has the raw attributes to be a good target man, but no footballing brain and therefore piss poor movement.

Dzeko would be a better option if you need a target man. But be prepared to give him a million fucking chances to score.

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Stoke denied that Chelsea made a approach, it all started after the Carroll links

Didn't you say no serious source was reporting it? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

What are they smoking at the Bridge?

Think it's best to ignore English media for a while. Considering both West Ham and Stoke denied we made any approach towards Carroll and Crouch, best to assume Happy Blue is working the media outlets. 

5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

We've been linked with loan moves for Kevin Gameiro and Andre Schurlle. We will end up with Sandro Ramirez instead.

You can have a few more from us whilst you're shopping. 

2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

You can have a few more from us whilst you're shopping. 

I'm not sure using a footballing food bank can be called shopping :ph34r::(

Although apparently we were interested in Aaron Lennon until he weirdly asked to be paid a wage, not sure who the hell he thinks he is. Zero hours contracts only here.

3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Although apparently we were interested in Aaron Lennon until he weirdly asked to be paid a wage, not sure who the hell he thinks he is. Zero hours contracts only here.

We're happy to help. 

DQEIXRdW4AAv7PM?format=jpg

Sandro is on over £100k a week here and I'd imagine we'd ask you to cover it if you come knocking. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

We've been linked with loan moves for Kevin Gameiro and Andre Schurlle. We will end up with Sandro Ramirez instead.

You can have Ulloa and Musa if you want.

58 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

You can have Chiquito Flores.

Here is a highlight reel. Top keeper.

The good stuff starts at 0:43.

Be interesting to see what happens with Sturridge. Can't really be letting him go without a replacement. Be a bit iffy leaving our back up front men as Ings & Solanke (I know we don't ply with a traditional st, but if Firmino gets innjured, we would be knackered) 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived