• Roberto Firmino
    • Other

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Yes, flower? 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Just stating facts, Gallagher said both were pens. 

Enough rattled people out there to suggest otherwise. 

You’ve not rattled anyone though, whoever the ref at Anfield was has done that. 

I’d be interested to see your reaction if it were the other way round. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Yes, flower? 

You’ve not rattled anyone though, whoever the ref at Anfield was has done that. 

I’d be interested to see your reaction if it were the other way round. 

If you say so.

Id be seething of course! Doesn’t mean I’d be right - just natural instinct as a football fan

I've looked up the rule that apparently means Kane was onside.

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

Id say the officials are stretching the meaning of "deliberately" playing the ball. Sticking your leg out to try and block a pass and fluffing it is hardly deliberate. If you ask who Kane "received" the ball from, I'd say he receives it more from his teammate than he does from Lovren. 

If Lovrens clearance attempt had rolled back to Karius I'm fairly sure he could have gathered it without it being a passback. 

I think we've seen a very formalistic interpretation of the rule and Gallagher is choosing not to criticise its potential unreasonableness. But I think to almost every fan this reading of the rule is highly unintuitive. 

But you wouldn't. Because neither were a pen. I don't care if some fat prick ex ref sticks by his colleague and defends the decision. Both decisions were a joke. 

The media will wank Kane off now he has the 100 goals. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Don't care about stats, Liverpool fucking up is about the only thing that is interesting at the moment.

And yes, we are an abortion. Absolutely shite. I hate the cunts nearly as much as you at the moment. 

You're really clutching at straws if a draw to Spurs is us fucking up 

• Subscriber

Even Jurgen Klopp loves Harry Kane. 

I wish someone would find the clip of Klopp showing discontent at the second penalty decision. Its like watching a child who doesn't want to eat whats on their plate. With all the ruckus going on it really made me laugh.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Don't care about stats, Liverpool fucking up is about the only thing that is interesting at the moment.

And yes, we are an abortion. Absolutely shite. I hate the cunts nearly as much as you at the moment. 

Fucking up? We are right in the middle of battle with Chelsea, United, Arsenal & Spurs. 

You lot are trying your best to finish above West Brom xD

Weve only lost 3 league games all season, bettered only by City. 

You do make me laugh 😂 

How is conceding in the 96th minute anything other than fucking up :what:? Are you trying to suggest that after being 2-1 up on 95 minutes you'd have quite happily taken the draw? Absolute rubbish if so.

Would have taken a draw after the way the second half played out. Of course would have been nice to get the three points but a dodgy decision has cost us that

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Marc said:

First one was a pen second was a dive. It’s fucking obvious, how can anyone not see the second is a dive? Everyone just saying it’s a pen cause Neville said so.

Just look at the angle i just posted, he literally kicks him in the back of the leg, in two places. Absolutely not a dive 

• Subscriber

I'm not sold on what Dermot Gallagher's saying here.

To summarise, he's saying that now if there's a touch on a through ball, then it's irrelevant if the striker (Kane in this case) is offside.

Since when has that been the case? That's a bullshit rule, and completely contradicts the rule of influencing play. Surely the defender touching the through ball can be because of the player in the offside position anyway, meaning he is therefore influencing play, and is therefore offside.

That's our 4th goal at Peterborough last week. Nearly everyone's calling that as offside, and I agree it is, but going by what Gallagher says there, it actually isn't?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived