talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Any of you guys ever cooked Lamb Kleftiko, or any kind of slow-cooked lamb dish?

Thinking of doing it for Christmas and want to practice at least a couple of times before then to try and perfect it (for 4 people).

Any recommendations on best part of lamb to use? Tips while cooking i.e. spices to use, time to cook, any nifty tricks would be appreciated :D. We do like our food quite spicy so will be adding Indian spices to it as standard... 

We slow-cooked lamb shanks for Easter once, but my contribution to that was watching someone who's a professional cook do it, so I'm not much of a help there xD 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh yeah, there's always leftovers because we always over-order xD. Rather than that not have anything left!

There's always so much variety and choice with Chinese restaurants. Love having any of tea-smoked chicken, chicken satay in peanut butter sauce, barbeuce spare ribs, chicken in black bean sauce, sesame prawn toast in addition to the duck...

I usually get beef or seafood...

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, nudge said:

We slow-cooked lamb shanks for Easter once, but my contribution to that was watching someone who's a professional cook do it, so I'm not much of a help there xD 

You're more than welcome to come and watch me if you like xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

I've taken up a semi passion for cooking during 2020. And i'm always looking for new things to learn/attempt to cook xD

@nudge Some of the dishes you've posted look delicious! 

Did a classic 'Sunday dinner'  yesterday, Chicken in a garliccy/lemony butter, honey roasted vegetables etc etc etc ...  i spent hours on it, just for me and my daughter. Only for her to turn her nose up at it and say "smelly fooood daddee" and hardly eat any.  :coffee:

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I've taken up a semi passion for cooking during 2020. And i'm always looking for new things to learn/attempt to cook xD

@nudge Some of the dishes you've posted look delicious! 

Did a classic 'Sunday dinner'  yesterday, Chicken in a garliccy/lemony butter, honey roasted vegetables etc etc etc ...  i spent hours on it, just for me and my daughter. Only for her to turn her nose up at it and say "smelly fooood daddee" and hardly eat any.  :coffee:

That sounds...frustrating xD 

Welcome back :)  

2 question regarding desserts, what do you hate in desserts? Favors you feel wreck the taste. For me it's ginger or lemon, fucking hate them in desserts.

What's the most overrated dessert/pudding in your eyes? For me it's apple crumble. Never saw the fascination with it.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

2 question regarding desserts, what do you hate in desserts? Favors you feel wreck the taste. For me it's ginger or lemon, fucking hate them in desserts.

What's the most overrated dessert/pudding in your eyes? For me it's apple crumble. Never saw the fascination with it.

I'm one of those weirdos who don't like desserts altogether. 

• Wow 1

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm one of those weirdos who don't like desserts altogether. 

I only really like chocolate-based desserts or various cheesecake flavours. Anything else and I'd rather just have more of a main course haha.

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Stan said:

I only really like chocolate-based desserts or various cheesecake flavours. Anything else and I'd rather just have more of a main course haha.

The only dessert I like is yogurt on fresh berries. Everything else I can eat, but I'd rather not. I just don't like sweet taste at all; in fact sugary foods make me nauseated. Even worse if it's sweet and fat. Looking at you, whipped cream *puke* also honey is vile. 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

When you say whipped cream I take it you are talking about that watery shit straight out of the can??? I love fresh cream cakes I have to say YUMM!! 

@DeadLinesman likes whipped cream as well, just before he has a shave.. 

whipped cream fez GIF

Any kind of whipped cream... It's aaaaaaawful.