talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

With a single decent pacey forward off the bench, and a consistent goalie, Liverpool win this quite easily. Even with all of Madrid’s cheating and their freakish luck.

So promising and so frustrating.

You have to be joking Madrid comfortably the better team after Liverpool's good start. I don't think Liverpool ever looked like winning tonight.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bozziovai said:

sorry for the loss my friend  :(   Madrid has once again used the same tactic, wearing down their opponents and going full throttle on the last 20 minutes .....

ramos will be at the headlines again for all the wrong reasons ......

I am so gutted.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Klopp deserves some blame for this, he persisted with karius.

Any cunt can't make one mistake. He can't expect that second disgrace. And look at the spastic on the bench.

Feel sorry for Karius. Yeah, he's fucked us over but that will live with him for the rest of his days. I didn't think a GK was a priority, but after that...you have to say it is. 

I'm trying not to talk about the game cause I'm gonna fucking cry.

I'm just gutted for Salah now. I'm not convinced they were winning with him on the pitch, but he's going to miss the World Cup according to BBC. Egypt's first time on the big stage since 1990 (?) and he's getting the same treatment as Guerrero but without being able to appeal.

I hope Egypt get Spain in the second round and knock them out.

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

You have to be joking Madrid comfortably the better team after Liverpool's good start. I don't think Liverpool ever looked like winning tonight.

Madrid created virtually nothing. They scored 3 freak goals.

Liverpool scored from a corner.

Madrid as a unit were far less prepared than Liverpool but got carried through by individual moments.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Madrid as a unit were far less prepared than Liverpool but got carried through by individual moments.

I don't agree with this. For me it was an even game and the team with better keeping won on the night.

They scored 2 freak goals but they created several chances throughout and Karius actually made 2 or 3 saves in the game.

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

they call that - luck.

5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Feel sorry for Karius, this will haunt the rest of his life.

He´ll need a lot of mental strenght to get back from that. But I have a lot of respect for him for owning it and apologizing to the fans.

3 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Liverpool

:419_soccer:  Ronaldo 27'    :419_soccer: Mane 72'

:419_soccer: Bale 54 '     

:cardY: Ramos      

:419_soccer: Ronaldo 88' 

I almost got that correct 

Just now, Blue said:

I don't agree with this. For me it was an even game and the team with better keeping won on the night.

They scored 2 freak goals but they created several chances throughout and Karius actually made 2 or 3 saves in the game.

Karius' best save was in an offside situation. The rest of Madrid's best chances were mostly the result of Liverpool desperately chasing a lead. 

Theres no point overintellectualising this. Madrid should have comfortably dominated but instead it was extremely close and they had to rely on freak moments because Zidane got it tactically wrong.

We've seen this all season, or even longer, I don't see how it's remotely controversial. 

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 26th May - Liverpool 1-3 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived