The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait till this is over so Liverpool fans can stop moaning about the price of travel/tickets and distance. The face value ticket prices weren't even that bad.

Sport needs to do more to stop ticket touts, it could, it just doesn't want to. Ed sheeran and other artists have started doing it.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Can't wait till this is over so Liverpool fans can stop moaning about the price of travel/tickets and distance. The face value ticket prices weren't even that bad.

Sport needs to do more to stop ticket touts, it could, it just doesn't want to. Ed sheeran and other artists have started doing it.

Obvs wind up

40 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Obvs wind up

It's not, it's all i've heard all week. You would think liverpool ticket prices are a tenner the way you lot are going on. Until the enforced away ticket cap of £30 you lot were charging £50-60 and about a hundred of the seats you couldn't see the entire pitch.

I paid £67 (i think) for a play-off final ticket at wembley a few years back. Some of the CL face value tickets are less than that

Liverpool fans have been among the most active in protesting against ticket prices all round, they're not responsible for the prices of their owners. 

Scandalous situation with the cancelled flights, greed again trumps all concerns as grasping companies aim to make money without thinking of the actual technicalities like does the aeroplane have a fucking licence to fly.

• Administrator

this is getting quite bad tbh! I'd be absolutely livid if I found out only a day before I couldn't get to the final

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44258337

A second travel company has cancelled a flight for Liverpool fans to the Champions League final in Kiev.

Myriad Travel said the flight had been cancelled by its supplier as the aircraft "does not have the correct licence to fly".

Three other flights from the Liverpool-based company will go ahead and affected customers will be refunded.

Operator Worldchoice Sports cancelled three flights on Thursday but secured one extra three-night trip.

Myriad Travel said it had been trying to source alternatives but had been unable to do so.

The flight was provided by aircraft charter company Air Partner Ltd.

Liverpool play Real Madrid on Saturday in the Ukrainian capital in their first Champions League final in 11 years.

The club said it was aware of the cancellation and anyone due to travel to Kiev on flight number SVB116 would be entitled to apply for a refund of their match ticket.

I'm expecting defeat but at the same time I've been planning where I'm gonna be for the bus parade in Liverpool on Sunday, my head is all over the place. Just fucking fight and make it hard as possible for the bastards.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Will he even start? Ronaldo will be decisive I think.

Going 2-1 Real Madrid. 

Well it's not certain no, I think it's basically going to be a call of either going attacking with Bale, or being a bit more conservative and going with a runner/hard worker like Vasquez. Think it'll be one or the other, Isco seem's out of favour.

I just have a feeling Bale is in great form and is due something big. Especially as it's against an English club.

3 hours ago, Marc said:

It's not, it's all i've heard all week. You would think liverpool ticket prices are a tenner the way you lot are going on. Until the enforced away ticket cap of £30 you lot were charging £50-60 and about a hundred of the seats you couldn't see the entire pitch.

I paid £67 (i think) for a play-off final ticket at wembley a few years back. Some of the CL face value tickets are less than that

TAD made a good post previously. Liverpool fans have nothing to do with the pricing of tickets but have been at the fore front of the 20s plenty campaign. If you think that Liverpool fans are happy with their own club then fair enough but you're very far from the truth. Liverpool fans walked out on their own club in 2016 over ticket prices

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

I'd start Bale, an out and out WC winger up against TAA, he would destroy him. He's also in form.

I don't see why they shouldn't, he's such a threat when on it. He'll be absolutely buzzing and ready to go as well. There is no point Real even attempting to go conservative, they should play to their strengths.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't see why they shouldn't, he's such a threat when on it. He'll be absolutely buzzing and ready to go as well. There is no point Real even attempting to go conservative, they should play to their strengths.

So now you're saying Bale shouldn't start?

The war between Zidane and Isco continues...

A journalist asks Isco if he thinks he'll start and the player answers; "I'm not the one with the problems in selecting players this season, I don't know ask the one with the problem"

Zidane was later told in the press conference what Isco had answered.  They then asked Zidane if Isco would be playing seeing as he's been Real's best player this season overal.  Zidane answered this; "He said that?  Well he's right, I'm the one with the problem to think about on who plays tomorrow"  Zidane finishes that answer with a wry smile.

I'm absolutely loving their war this season.  I really really want Real Madrid to lose tomorrow, nothing would give me more pleasure at this moment in time.  But there is a morbid part of me that wouldn't mind Real Madrid winning because that would or most probably means Zidane keeping his job and almost certainly seeing Isco leave.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've a sneaky feeling with all the hype and build up of Salah v Ronaldo, Bale will steal the show.

Asensio or Ramos to score the winner. 

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I'm absolutely loving their war this season.  I really really want Real Madrid to lose tomorrow, nothing would give me more pleasure at this moment in time.  But there is a morbid part of me that wouldn't mind Real Madrid winning because that would or most probably means Zidane keeping his job and almost certainly seeing Isco leave.

Yes there's talk of Isco going to City or even Barca, Think he'd do well in both.

Archived