talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The rumours are that Florentino doesn’t trust Zidane. He didn’t want him back and bowed down to members pressure.

Why has he left it until everything was basically done and dusted before pulling the plug then? Is it deliberate? Is he trying to wield his power publicly over Zidane and or the rest of the board? Ridiculous and a very unfortunate look for a club of their stature regardless of the reason.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Why has he left it until everything was basically done and dusted before pulling the plug then? Is it deliberate? Is he trying to wield his power publicly over Zidane and or the rest of the board? Ridiculous and a very unfortunate look for a club of their stature regardless of the reason.

Like I said, Florentino didn’t want Zidane back at all and believe it or not, the Atleti result has caused a perfect storm in the Santiago Bernabéu. 

I can only tell you what’s been coming out since last night and what I’m listening to now on Spanish radio without my wife seeing me coz we’re on holiday and football is banned.

So now it’s a triangular war and not just binary which is designed for thickos.

What we have is a war with one man in the middle, Zidane. Bale was almost gone, Zidane once left because Bale wasn’t sold and when almost sold the president blocked the move (as he just did today with another Zidane doesn’t like that much, James). 

So what did Zidane do?

Today Zidane sent Bale to Real Madrid Castilla to train (Real’s ‘B’ team) and wants to register him there.

Enter new move by Florentino? xD:dam:

24 minutes ago, 6666 said:

What sort of fee were Real Madrid going to receive anyway? Haven't even seen it be reported.

Well originally they were hoping for something between €70m to €80m (this before the season ended) and when absolutely nobody enquired right upto just under two weeks ago, they let leak via AS that they would be willing to let him go for free.

The problem in signing Bale is his salary because Real are willing to negotiate for almost anything to let him go but all of this has another twist which is contradictory to everything in which the club president that controls almost everything at the club doesn’t want to sell him because Bale was HIS signing. Let’s not forget Florentino Pérez DIDN’T sign Cristiano Ronaldo as many seem to he confused on, that was Ramón Calderón (the previous president) who then 4 days after signing Cristiano he lost the club elections for Florentino to come back for part II.

So there’s pride at stake there as there also is with James Rodríguez who was another very expensive transfer (expensive at the time) by this president.

Nobody wants Bale and having to pay him those extraordinary wages.

img_lunciti_20181120-090825_imagenes_md_

After an interview on BBC Radio 5 where he had already sent a message to Gareth Bale, Welsh football legend John Benjamin Toshack sent another along the same lines on Spanish radio station Cadena SER with this, and he’s not wrong;

”Why doesn’t Gareth Bale just do an interview?  Since he came to Spain he hasn’t yet once made an interview at all on any show. I’ve been waiting forever in the hope that he would. I’ve never witnessed anything similar.”

”He’s been in Spain 7 years and hasn’t bothered to even attempt to learn the language. An absolute embarrassment, an insult to your colleagues, the club and quite frankly, an insult to the Spanish people. What would they say in a similar situation after 7 years where a Spanish player doesn’t even know how to conduct a simple interview in English?”

”Bale has been important for Real Madrid with some isolated moments but he’s not kidding anybody. If in 7 years all you’ve got to show for yourself are 4 or 5 key goals but very little else, then you can’t say you’ve made the mark you were expected to in Spanish football. There has to be more!”

”It’s sad from my perspective because I’m Welsh and have spent more than half of my life living and working in Spain as have many other Brits that have and have made an effort, I don’t even like to call it an effort, it should be enjoyment of being a part of the culture and learning the language by mixing with the people.”

I don't follow Spanish football regularly and I also understand the requirements demanded of a Real or Barca player are at times crazy, but Gareth Bale has scored 102 goals in 231 matches for them. Scored goals in finals and important matches. 

The amount of disrespect he gets from some quarters is undeserved. 

By all means comment on his shitty injury record or inflated wages, but the lad has delivered. Anywhere else with those stats and he would have been rightly deemed as a legend. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

img_lunciti_20181120-090825_imagenes_md_

After an interview on BBC Radio 5 where he had already sent a message to Gareth Bale, Welsh football legend John Benjamin Toshack sent another along the same lines on Spanish radio station Cadena SER with this, and he’s not wrong;

”Why doesn’t Gareth Bale just do an interview?  Since he came to Spain he hasn’t yet once made an interview at all on any show. I’ve been waiting forever in the hope that he would. I’ve never witnessed anything similar.”

”He’s been in Spain 7 years and hasn’t bothered to even attempt to learn the language. An absolute embarrassment, an insult to your colleagues, the club and quite frankly, an insult to the Spanish people. What would they say in a similar situation after 7 years where a Spanish player doesn’t even know how to conduct a simple interview in English?”

”Bale has been important for Real Madrid with some isolated moments but he’s not kidding anybody. If in 7 years all you’ve got to show for yourself are 4 or 5 key goals but very little else, then you can’t say you’ve made the mark you were expected to in Spanish football. There has to be more!”

”It’s sad from my perspective because I’m Welsh and have spent more than half of my life living and working in Spain as have many other Brits that have and have made an effort, I don’t even like to call it an effort, it should be enjoyment of being a part of the culture and learning the language by mixing with the people.”

Spot on, in other words, Bale is only there for the money and nothing else, I know as a United supporter we questioned why Antonio Valencia did not speak English, but give the guy his due he would appear for an interview with an interpreter beside him, why doesn't Real Madrid or maybe other clubs follow former United manager Louis van Gaal lead when he took over at United.

Quote.thumb.png.63ef2176d0f8d9e4352feeb7a18b80d4.png

Louis van Gaal orders Antonio Valencia to have English lessons... despite winger having lived in England for EIGHT YEARS

Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia has been ordered by manager Louis van Gaal to take English lessons – despite having lived here for eight years.

Van Gaal is determined his current squad, which includes a number of native Spanish-speakers, should all become fluent in English to help communication on the training ground and the pitch.

Newcomers Angel Di Maria, Marcos Rojo, Radamel Falcao and Ander Herrera have all had twice-weekly lessons arranged for them alongside goalkeeper David de Gea, who is in his fourth season at the club, and Valencia, who first arrived in the Premier League to play for Wigan Athletic in 2006 before signing for United three seasons later.

Di Maria and Rojo, who arrived this summer for a combined price of £75milion, barely speak a word of English and will take beginners’ classes together.

It is expected that Falcao, who spoke broken English at his formal press conference unveiling on Thursday, and Herrera will be promoted to join de Gea in intermediate classes over the coming weeks. Valencia has asked for one-to-one tuition.

It is ironic that Dutchman Van Gaal is taking a tougher attitude over United players adapting to life in England than either of his British predecessors Sir Alex Ferguson and David Moyes.

Valencia is by nature a shy person and has never conducted an interview in English despite coming to the country at the age of 20. He has played 282 times for Wigan and United.

Spanish international Juan Mata, who joined Chelsea in the same 2011 summer transfer window as De Gea came to England, has been judged to speak English well enough not to need additional lessons.

The instruction for De Gea to brush up on his language skills is significant. The £18m Spaniard has improved greatly from a shaky start to his career at Old Trafford but communication in the United defence has never been as strong with him in goal as it was during the eras of Peter Schmeichel and Edwin van der Sar.

Van Gaal’s move is sure to be welcomed by some United fans who are worried that the club are losing their traditional identity after spending £150m on new, predominantly foreign players this summer while letting academy graduates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley leave.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2754932/Louis-van-Gaal-orders-Antonio-Valencia-English-lessons-despite-winger-having-lived-England-EIGHT-YEARS.html

• 2 weeks later...

People may see my next comment as a joke but it isn't...

Spain is the biggest golf destination for pros and amateurs in the world and right now the amateur season is in full-swing with participants from all over the planet. Bale being put on the sidelines by Real Madrid because nobody wants to sign him works out perfectly for him. He can play his main love which is golf and at the same time get paid his mega wage by the club.

There's still time for it to happen and these days in football things change very quickly from one day to the next, sometimes from one hour to the next. But things have seemingly taken a turn of events if quotes and actions are to be taken into account and any reasonable person has to use this method until something swings or sways once again in the opposite direction.

So after not days, not months, but years of fighting between Zidane and Bale who have never gotten on too well, we now have a dramatic change of sentiments or let's just say, an attempt at acceptance from the head coachl Zinedine Zidane.

First turn of events was Zidane actually selecting Bale for the squad in the very first game of the season when everything pointed to and also using quotes that signalled a year ij the wilderness or the fairways for Gareth Bale.

Second turn of events was Gareth Bale actually making the first team and starting the game!

The final piece de resistance was Zinedine Zidane's words regarding Gareth Bale in the post-match press conference after the victory away to Celta Vigo; "Gareth Bale will be staying at Real Madrid."

Who knows that this all means because one can make upto a dozen conclusions of all variations and probably still get it wrong. It has the press and football fans in Spain rather confused, but it seems to have cleaned things up...

for now!

Things change so quickly, so who knows.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.fa27880b45208eede0f88e246273679e.png

Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua have again been linked with Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, after coming close to signing the 30-year-old in the summer. (Marca)

Bale flew to London to meet his agent on Monday as uncertainty continues over his future at the Bernabeu. (Mail)

Bale has asked Real not to publish his medical records, exercising his right under Spanish law of protection of personal data. He has missed the past two matches after being injured on international duty with Wales, but the La Liga giants have not given any update on his fitness. (ESPN)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I hope this is typical Sun bull-shit gossip, stick Bale up your jacksie Real and if you want Pogba fork up more than what we paid for him.

Quote.thumb.png.fa7eb064a0f7f58d67a5a698cf580611.png

Manchester United are closing in on signing Real Madrid and Wales forward Gareth Bale, 30, in the January transfer window - and will allow France midfielder Paul Pogba, 26, to move in the opposite direction as part of the deal. (Sun on Sunday)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.c98b9ec8a41d50dec6e2c81e40c75fff.png

New Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho will try to sign former Spurs forward Gareth Bale, 30, from Real Madrid, having wanted to sign the Welshman when he was at Manchester United. (AS - in Spanish)

Real Madrid has backed Bale and ruled out a January exit for the player, despite him posing in front of a flag that said 'Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order,' while on international duty. (Marca)

Real Madrid has labelled Bale's "Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order" flag celebration "a joke in very bad taste." (ESPN)

Bale did well for Real but their spoiled fans turned against him fast. Saying this he has been acting like an utter cunt lately, especially with his last antics on international duty. Both sides showing little respect and they should part as soon as possible.

It's a shame Bale didn't leave to China in the offseason. Then this phenomenally talented player who doesn't seem to give a fuck could earn the same silly money he does now playing much easier opposition in a Mickey mouse league meaning less training and more time for golf.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan

Archived