• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Veratti's Agent Hints At Move

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

Donato Di Campli

“Marco wants to win and at PSG just now he cannot,” he told Gazzetta Dello Sport. “He has been in Paris for five years and now has to make up his mind: does he want to earn a lot without winning anything or lift trophies and become a champion? 

“The situation is very complicated, particularly because his contract is long. This is not a money problem.

“One thing is for certain: if he leaves PSG, it will be for a top European club.”

 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/755/europe/2017/03/22/33891512/marco-wants-to-win-and-he-cant-do-that-at-psg-verratti-agent?ICID=SP_HN_1

 

Only Real, Barca and Bayern can really say they have more chance than PSG to win the Champions League. Unless he means just win the league since Monaco are top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been following this very closely on various mediums and in my personal opinion the agent is doing fine work to push the move by advertising it and then when questioned again retracts his statements by saying Verratti is happy in Paris only to then advertise again a week later.  PSG pay the top wages in Europe and no club will pay more than PSG even if they can.  Donato di Campli is simply making sure Marco's possible wages at his next club are as close as possible to what he gets at PSG or could possibly get at PSG in the future.

The in depth info I've been following puts Barça and Juve battling it out right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if they had gone through against Barcelona, a lot of players would beore convinced to stay at the club long term. Mainly because they'd have shown they were capable of competing with the best teams in the Champions League and perhaps good enough to win it.

The defeat and especially the manner of the complete collapse, will have cast doubts in the minds of people like Veratti and maybe a lot easier to convince him to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

I think if they had gone through against Barcelona, a lot of players would beore convinced to stay at the club long term. Mainly because they'd have shown they were capable of competing with the best teams in the Champions League and perhaps good enough to win it.

The defeat and especially the manner of the complete collapse, will have cast doubts in the minds of people like Veratti and maybe a lot easier to convince him to leave.

His agent is doing hard work of touting him to the highest bidder to be honest and then you get contrasting comments from both his agent and the player.  He signed a new contract not too long ago so this isn't a ploy to get more out of Paris Saint-Germain and is obviously because the player will entertain a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be difficult for them to hold onto players like him. Aside from monetary incentives, a lot of players there will look at it and question what else is there left for them to achieve (the only thing left really is the Champions League) and then wondering if that will be able to be achieved at PSG. Which is why I think the Barcelona collapse will leave a huge doubt in everyone of their minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After their embarrassing exit and now they look like they won't even win the French League, it looks like he might be having thoughts about where his future lies and whether PSG will compete for the Champions League in the next few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something tells me Verratti is on his way to Inter or AC Milan. With their takeovers they'll be looking to sign some strong players to mix into their rosters and I feel Verratti would be a very solid choice for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cure said:

Something tells me Verratti is on his way to Inter or AC Milan. With their takeovers they'll be looking to sign some strong players to mix into their rosters and I feel Verratti would be a very solid choice for them.

He'd be more than a solid choice, he'd be a sensational signing for them. Don't see it happening myself. One of the Spanish giants or Juve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cure said:

Something tells me Verratti is on his way to Inter or AC Milan. With their takeovers they'll be looking to sign some strong players to mix into their rosters and I feel Verratti would be a very solid choice for them.

I can't see it - although it would be very good for AC Milan. He's wanting to leave PSG because he doesn't want to be part of any long term project, he wants to compete for the top honours now. I imagine a move to Juve or Barca/Real Madrid is most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that we've had bad experiences with PSG with regards to transfers in the past and they don't tend to let players go because they don't need or want to sell, worries me

But if he wants to move and he somehow does what Marquinhos couldn't do in the past, obviously he should be a priority signing for Barcelona. He's exactly what we need, to a tee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

img_jlanuza_20170615-174717_imagenes_md_

Marco Verratti goes to war with Paris Saint-Germain

 

How this will end nobody knows but what's for sure is that ever since the young Italian midfielder Marco Verratti set foot on the Balearic Islands he hasn't stopped sending messages to his present club PSG.

Above we see a photo he agreed to take from a Mundo Deportivo journalist where he posed with the front cover issued two days ago which states that FC Barcelona have made official contact with the Parisian club and that this has opened the door for the club to talk personally to the player (something that Barça haven't done officially yet but they have approached him).

The problem is that the relationship with the owner of PSG isn't at its best moments due to how Barça have abandoned their association with Qatar.  Due to ongoing disputes from the Barça members (socios) for a number of years, the Catalan club have finally done what was asked from them in cancelling all partnerships with Qatar Foundation and Qatar Airways.  The owner of Paris Saint-Germain, Nasser Al-Khelaifi doesn't want to negotiate with FC Barcelona no matter what they offer.  But the problem Al-Khelaifi has is that Marco Verratti has set his heart on leaving PSG and his desired destination is FC Barcelona.

Only yesterday Verratti told a Gazzetta dello Sport; "It's Barça now or never!!!".

On Tuesday Juventus issued an official statement saying that they've officially moved aside from the race to sign him which apparently only leaves Bayern Munich as the other possibility due to Carlo Ancelotti being the head coach there and the man who took him to Paris Saint-Germain.

But Verratti only wants to move to Barça and the other day Paolo Maldini joined Andrea Pirlo in publicly stating that Barça is the perfect move for Verratti if he wants to grow as it's the perfect club and style for him.

img_jbatalla_20170618-110217_imagenes_md

But today the shock got even worse for PSG when Marco Verratti made a statement saying that he won't return to Paris after the holidays and that he will never wear the PSG shirt again.  He is upset that PSG won't even listen to Barça and that it leaves him in limbo as he has personally expressed his wish to leave two weeks ago to the new technical director at the Parisian club, Antero Henrique.  But the one with the power is Nasser Al-Khelaifi and he doesn't want to entertain any of this and this is why Verratti is going public.  Al-Khelaifi obviously doesn't understand how these things work through a cultural difference...

How this will end nobody knows but it seems it's going to turn into the novela of the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-3-22 at 10:41 PM, SirBalon said:

I've been following this very closely on various mediums and in my personal opinion the agent is doing fine work to push the move by advertising it and then when questioned again retracts his statements by saying Verratti is happy in Paris only to then advertise again a week later.  PSG pay the top wages in Europe and no club will pay more than PSG even if they can.  Donato di Campli is simply making sure Marco's possible wages at his next club are as close as possible to what he gets at PSG or could possibly get at PSG in the future.

The in depth info I've been following puts Barça and Juve battling it out right now.

Are you sure this isn't just him putting more pressure on PSG to drive them to sign more players in the off-season? 

Would he be a starting 11 player at Barca and if so at who's expense would it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Are you sure this isn't just him putting more pressure on PSG to drive them to sign more players in the off-season? 

Would he be a starting 11 player at Barca and if so at who's expense would it be?

It could be pressure but this would be more than just rather extreme. All the quotes, all the pictures and many other things that I didn't mention of his days in the Balaeric Islands over the past week. It's also the stuff coming from the Italian press and the moves his agent has been making. It's all too much!

Would he get into the first team? Definitely! He is perfect for Barça in every way, shape and form. Verratti would walk into any first team in the world  

Will it happen?

Barcelona will try but their president if forced to sell because the player puts so much public pressure, then he would rather sell him to any other club rather than Barcelona.

Barcelona can only do so much which is go through the official path in this case where PSG is concerned and unfortunately Verratti will have to do the rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

So ahead of Rakitic? 

They're different to be honest, but you do raise a question there on who would be first team player.  Look at Real Madrid and the quality in depth that they have.  Nowadays without this you haven't got a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

France Football have run a poll asking their readers what they think Marco Verratti is worth and how much the Parisian club should hold out for.

img_xmunoz_20170618-214513_imagenes_md_t

As you can see, the poll sees French football fans thinking that Verratti is worth more than €100m to PSG as a replacement would be very difficult to acquire.

L'Équipe on the other hand this morning reckon the price would be somewhere in the region of €90m to €100m in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would he get into the first team? xD That isn't even a question. He's perfect in every way for Barcelona, the player that's almost Xavi reincarnate. And not only that, he's also quicker than Xavi was and also has elements of both Busquets and Iniesta's play in his game as well, as he's really good at defending and tracking back to make important tackles and he also dribbles well. He's one of the best midfielders in the world and he's only 24 years old. 

As for the news that he's apparently told PSG he won't be returning, I'm fairly confident that we'll finally get him this summer. I know that last summer we were also linked with him and it ended up being a stunt to get a big new contract, but this time the rumours are seriously picking up much more steam. He even posed for a picture holding a Barcelona newspaper saying "Verratti wants Barca" haha, that's the first time I've ever seen that. I think we will get him this summer, but it's going to take a while, perhaps even most of the summer, for it to be completed. He looks like he wants it, and we definitely badly want it, and it wouldn't look good for PSG when trying to attract top players if they send out a message that even if you badly desire to leave the club for new pastures, you can't leave as long as you're contracted to the club. Top players who aren't just all about the money won't want to go there if they know there's no way out until your contract is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Messiesta said:

Would he get into the first team? xD That isn't even a question. He's perfect in every way for Barcelona, the player that's almost Xavi reincarnate. And not only that, he's also quicker than Xavi was and also has elements of both Busquets and Iniesta's play in his game as well, as he's really good at defending and tracking back to make important tackles and he also dribbles well. He's one of the best midfielders in the world and he's only 24 years old. 

As for the news that he's apparently told PSG he won't be returning, I'm fairly confident that we'll finally get him this summer. I know that last summer we were also linked with him and it ended up being a stunt to get a big new contract, but this time the rumours are seriously picking up much more steam. He even posed for a picture holding a Barcelona newspaper saying "Verratti wants Barca" haha, that's the first time I've ever seen that. I think we will get him this summer, but it's going to take a while, perhaps even most of the summer, for it to be completed. He looks like he wants it, and we definitely badly want it, and it wouldn't look good for PSG when trying to attract top players if they send out a message that even if you badly desire to leave the club for new pastures, you can't leave as long as you're contracted to the club. Top players who aren't just all about the money won't want to go there if they know there's no way out until your contract is up. 

It looks that way but never say any thing is for certain in football. That thing about being so sure is something that doesn't exist in this sport and things can change in very little time. This is PSG we're talking about and their president doesn't like Barcelona much these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is PSG we´re talking about. The tactics most players use to leave their clubs won´t work with them. They know that they have a disadvantage in attracting  and keeping players because they aren´t a traditional club and also because Ligue 1 isn´t as popular as other leagues, so if they give in to Verratti´s demands they could set a dangerous precedent with their other young players, such as Draxler, Rabiot and Marquinhos. 

 

I doubt Milan would leave Donnarumma rotting in the bench because he won´t re-sign, but in the PSG case I can see them grounding Verratti in a very harsh way if he tries to force a move. Instead of going to the papers and starting rumours, the best way for he and his agent to secure a move to Barcelona is to have an eye-eye talk to Nasser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

This is PSG we´re talking about. The tactics most players use to leave their clubs won´t work with them. They know that they have a disadvantage in attracting  and keeping players because they aren´t a traditional club and also because Ligue 1 isn´t as popular as other leagues, so if they give in to Verratti´s demands they could set a dangerous precedent with their other young players, such as Draxler, Rabiot and Marquinhos. 

 

I doubt Milan would leave Donnarumma rotting in the bench because he won´t re-sign, but in the PSG case I can see them grounding Verratti in a very harsh way if he tries to force a move. Instead of going to the papers and starting rumours, the best way for he and his agent to secure a move to Barcelona is to have an eye-eye talk to Nasser.

There is no talk with Nasser Al-Khelaifi.  I hope I'm not misunderstood I'm about to say because it's not in any way intended to be a jab at any culture, but is a clarifier on the differences that count with culture in these terms.

Arabs only know money!  They don't know ethics for various reasons and they don't know business talk in any other manner than putting the money in front of you and knowing that in most cases it will be enough and that people will in many areas sell even their beliefs for a stupid amount of cash.  That's the way they work, and if you've ever been at a negotiation of any type with arabs and have experienced the norm with western cultures, you will be shocked at what you're witnessing.  The other part Arabs' culture is that they don't know how to decipher the differences between a negotiation "at will" (that part is important) and defeat.  They see it as an utter embarrassment and feel defeat in the eyes of their own when they are seen in some manner to be being pushed into a corner (as is the case with how Verratti's attitude can be seen as)...

I could go into more depth but it will get out of hand and I KNOW how it will be seen in some quarters (especially in the times we are living and of which I am not directing myself into that area) which is why I'll jump onto the other side of things.

Verratti has indeed taken the incorrect steps in all of this by going public, but then again we don't know what's going on in the background and the face to face conversations that have been had since a few months ago.

This attitude being shown by Verratti goes back quite a number of months and he has been vocal about wanting to leave the club since before this particular Barça interest took hold.  We don't know what has been said to him and his agent Donato di Campli in terms of how seriously his request is being taken.  Remember that no "man" is subject to forceful means of pertinence if he or she wishes to change shores all of a sudden....  Even under contract!  What the contract means is that there must be a negotiation in such a case and that a good agreement for both parties must be met.  There is absolutely no substantial benefit to Paris Saint-Germain to hold a valuable asset (in terms of a footballer) on the bench for a whole season unless if what you're trying to do is subdue him or her.  This I'm saying in a general point of view because here we're not talking about a slave who isn't being paid for the work that he or she does.  On the contrary, here we're talking about a privileged individual that is being paid handsomely for his services.  But that doesn't change the fact that he's an employee and he's a human being with the same rights as someone that earns the minimum wage.  Be it ethical or not, depending on which side of the fence you sit on.

The only saving grace Marco Verratti has is that Nasser Al-Khelaifi has people that know about football working for him in the board room.  He also owns a European football club and not an Arab one which comes under the jurisdiction of European law.  It's all about how adamant Verratti is in his wish to leave PSG and it's all about how both parties can stop this cat fight that's going on in the background and bring the best outcome for everyone.

What I think may happen is that PSG could say to Verratti that they aren't willing to sell to Barcelona and that if he wants to leave, he can go somewhere else.  This I can believe and the public words being said after this once Verratti has come to the understanding that this is the only way he can leave is to make it look like there was no force move from his part to go to Barcelona.  Although on the other hand, he has made to many public actions showing that the move he is dying for is indeed the one to be a part of FC Barcelona.

As for a precedent....  I agree!  It cold be seen that way in the eyes of the owner of PSG and his "honour" could be felt to be being dragged through the dirt.  This is why in my view as much as Verratti is taking the incorrect public stance of displays on social media and using the press as a tool, we can also say that Al-Khelaifi isn't understanding how football works and that these sorts of things have happened hundreds of times in football and that they will always occur.  Their (PSG) leaks into the press of how they feel and what their stance is, is as ridiculous as Marco Verratti's, contract or no because as I said, we don't know what's been said in the background by both parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not just go home to Italy and play for Juve? Still more respectable than PSG and on top of that the dude would slot into a starting spot on a team that just made the UCL final last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veratti, Busquets and Denis would be an interesting new midfield.

 

Iniesta still has something to offer of course(he always will do until retirement) but the problem is, he can't seem to play more than 90 minutes a week nowadays, so the games he plays have to be a bit more selective. Due to this, I'd like to see Denis being given a proper run as he is by far the most talented of the signings from last summer and showed a lot of positive signs, although for some reason he was given the least opportunities. Hopefully Valverde has more confidence in him and gives him as many minutes as possible.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Veratti, Busquets and Denis would be an interesting new midfield.

 

Iniesta still has something to offer of course(he always will do until retirement) but the problem is, he can't seem to play more than 90 minutes a week nowadays, so the games he plays have to be a bit more selective. Due to this, I'd like to see Denis being given a proper run as he is by far the most talented of the signings from last summer and showed a lot of positive signs, although for some reason he was given the least opportunities. Hopefully Valverde has more confidence in him and gives him as many minutes as possible.

 

 

I agree!  I can only see Denis Suárez shining if given confidence from his coach and played.  He is a tremendously talented player and one of the new golden generation coming through in Spain's U-21.  The question is, will it happen!  Due to the competitiveness you have these days between Europe's elite clubs, it seems there isn't much room for improvisation unless you're forced into it like Zidane was last season and look at what was dug out with Isco finally getting plenty of minutes in the second half of the season, Asensio also finally getting playing time and Lucas Vázquez continuing his climb to fame.  Due to injuries and forced rotations, this all came to the fore and now they (Real Madrid) only have to think about the one marquee signing or making Cristiano happy by paying his tax fine via a new improved deal.

Verratti on the other hand is a forced issue.  We lost the successor to Xavi (Thiago Alcántara) due to mismanagement at board level and he (Verratti) is the only other thing similar in European football to the now "retired" legend.  That player is 100% needed within the team and Busquets can't continue to put out fires while improvising his wonderful talents on his own.  He needs a quality partner!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually listened to the Dugarry interview and on Barça he didn't say "It's not right"...  He actually said "The way Barcelona are conducting this negotiation isn't clear".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I actually listened to the Dugarry interview and on Barça he didn't say "It's not right"...  He actually said "The way Barcelona are conducting this negotiation isn't clear".

That is translation for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

That is translation for you.

xD

Oh my days hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemingly going to appoint Mino Raiola and then linked with a move to Man United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Seemingly going to appoint Mino Raiola and then linked with a move to Man United.

I haven't heard about the links with United, but I have heard about the Raiola appointment. The way I see it is, if you're looking to force a transfer out of a club and get what you want, Mino Raiola would be in the top one or two agents in the world you'd look at to get you that. And what Marco Verratti wants, unless things have suddenly changed, is to play for Barcelona. So we'll see how this unfolds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

img_jgascon_20170707-183900_imagenes_md_

Verratti breaks with Di Campli and employs Raiola

It's official...  Marco Verratti sacks the agent that's been with him his whole career to date Donato di Campli and employs the controversial Mino Raiola as his representative.  This in my view unless things change massively ends any speculation surrounding Verratti going to FC Barcelona.  Ever since the Ibrahimović departure from Barça to Milan the relationship between the super agent and Barça has been terrible.

 

¡Verratti ficha a Mino Raiola como agente!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement