talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thibaut Courtois - Life at Real Madrid

Thibaut Courtois' agent has pleaded with Chelsea to allow the goalkeeper to join Real Madrid this summer.

Chelsea will not resume talks with Real over a deal for the Belgium international, who has one year left on his contract, until they find a suitable replacement, SSN understands.

"I have been reading everywhere that Chelsea are saying it is up to Thibaut, but he has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid," Christophe Henrotay said.

"For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family, and there is an offer in place for Chelsea to accept."

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri says he is "not interested" in what Thibaut Courtois'agent has to say after he publicly asked the Blues to let the goalkeeper go to Real Madrid for personal reasons.

"I am not interested in the agent. I want to hear Courtois. If Courtois tomorrow will say to me the same, I have to speak with my player of course. I want only players who play with a very high level of motivation," he said.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I’ve never seen a player make a point for so long with him staying for that period of time like this one.

Chelsea really should’ve let him go back then although at the same time I completely understand why they didn’t.

I have no time for Courtois  or his agent.

If you remember before the World Cup Chelsea announced they are no longer negotiating with Courtois on a new contract, which it seems shocked the keeper.

Now we find out his Children are everything and he needs to be in Spain.

Why the fuck has he been talking to Chelsea on a new contract for over the previous 18 months if he had no intention of signing?

He is a Jose mistake and we should have done as I said after we won the league under Jose, sold Courtois when his stock was at its highest and put Pete back in goal.

We ditched a club legend to make him a starter. We made changes to the GK coach to accommodate him. And this is how he is repaying the club?

Courtois is a right cunt, however the sheer fact the board have left this last minute, cannot go unnoticed. 

37 minutes ago, 6666 said:

First Diego Costa, now Courtois. These Atletico/Chelsea players are some cunts.

Maybe Chelsea are the cunts 

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Maybe Chelsea are the cunts 

The players sign the contracts. Regardless of if you want a move or not, you fulfil your duties unless the club have severely mistreated you and not selling a player isn't severe mistreatment.

16 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Rumours heavily suggesting Butland.

Sky stating we are interested in Butland

Mundial stating we are interested in Oblak

Telegraph stating we are interested in Rico

Now AS stating we are interested in Kepa

This was all from today xD

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We ditched a club legend to make him a starter. We made changes to the GK coach to accommodate him. And this is how he is repaying the club?

Courtois is a right cunt, however the sheer fact the board have left this last minute, cannot go unnoticed. 

That wasn't exactly a favour, to be fair. He was and is better than Petr Cech, so was rightly given the number one spot.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sky stating we are interested in Butland

Mundial stating we are interested in Oblak

Telegraph stating we are interested in Rico

Now AS stating we are interested in Kepa

This was all from today xD

so you're signing 4 keepers?

17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The players sign the contracts. Regardless of if you want a move or not, you fulfil your duties unless the club have severely mistreated you and not selling a player isn't severe mistreatment.

Thats bollocks. If you wanna go the clubs get paid. All contracts are are a way to make sure you get money if the player goes early

27 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Thats bollocks. If you wanna go the clubs get paid. All contracts are are a way to make sure you get money if the player goes early

You don't seem to know that contracts are agreements... and while contracts are still in place, both the player and the club are supposed to do what they agreed to.

If a player under contract leaves then the club does get paid but there's still protocol that's supposed to be followed for that move to happen. Acting like a bitch and not showing up while still under contract isn't one of these protocols... Then of course there's just basic human decency.

I don't know in what world Courtois isn't being a massive cunt here.

Doing shite like this should invalidate the player's "loyalty bonus" - it's ridiculous a player can attempt to force a move by doing literally anything under the sun other than handing in his transfer request and keep this loyalty bonus. What part of not turning up to training is being a loyal player?

He should be fined as much as Chelsea can reasonably fine him.

How long is left on his contract? I'm no fan of Chelsea, but their biggest fault here is not working to find a suitable replacement for Courtois earlier - which they should have done - but they're also within their rights to believe that the professional they pay millions to would act like a professional and be available for training and selection until he's actually found a move to the club he wants. His agent has had all summer to get to work convincing a club to buy the wantaway keeper, why should Chelsea have acted so late in the window to make the move... when it's not really advantageous for them to. For the past few weeks, they've clearly been trying to bring someone in - but this doesn't entitle Courtois to move. Why should Chelsea have to make a panic buy, rather than buy someone they actually want, just because a player is throwing their toys out the pram?

If he's got more than a season left on his contract, I think Roman should take the hit and drop the cunt for a year. Don't even have him on the bench and have him train alone. No player is bigger than the club and this kind of disruptive behavior this close to the start of the season is something that clubs should stamp out. I wish we had the financial ability to do that to Coutinho last season, but we had to play him to protect our investment... and ultimately that paid off. It's probably not financially wise for Chelsea to do something similar - but Roman is an oil tycoon, he's got deep pockets. Chelsea already don't operate like a normal football club in so many ways, why not do something most clubs don't have the luxury to do? Probably because the counter point is this might piss off the other players at Chelsea. But I think player-power is a big problem at Chelsea already, where players can just give up on a manager, put no effort in, and get them sacked because they know the odds are that they'll be safe and the manager is easier to replace.

Its all getting a bit silly now... 

I think that both club and player are to blame for this mess... If they had been trying to re-negotiate his contract I am fairly certain that they should have been able to tell if he wanted to snap it up or not, If not what are the choices?? Force him to stay or sign another keeper and let him go.. I really don't know whats going at the club at the moment regarding transfers/contracts etc but for at least the past 2 transfer windows we have been in a right mess and even more so this season than last regarding the manager situation... He should have been given an ultimatum to sign on the dotted line so that we could have been pro-active in getting someone else in to replace him if he wanted away, either way this has been dragging on for far too long... 

Something seems so badly off at the moment.. If it's true that Court is sulking and having a little paddy because he wants a move then he needs a good slap for behaving like this,  However, they were saying that Willian was also awol but turned out he was keeping the club updated daily so hard to sort out whats true and whats not true depending on what quality of rag you read.. 

Either way the club have lacked decisiveness and by the looks of the last 2 transfer windows a desire to spend the money needed to keep competing at the top level.. I am ok with not splashing millions and millions every season but with that comes a drop in expectation.. I said it before that I believe we are becoming the new Arsenal... where champions league football is the priority and everything else will be a bonus.. They keep talking about winning things but have not backed it up at all... 

I personally understand why he would want to leave given it's the only way he would see his child regularly. Sometimes there's things in life more important than your occupation. The fact he lives where the most successful and decorated team in the world play is a very fortunate bonus.

Unfortunately for him though he's signed a contract, and behaving like he is isn't going to benefit his situation. 

I must say Chelsea have been very naive in their approach to this window. They haven't appeared to consider targets for players they may lose due to ridiculous offers (Willian) or a Costa type scenario (Courtios). Youd think after years of operating as a top club they would have learned.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I personally understand why he would want to leave given it's the only way he would see his child regularly. Sometimes there's things in life more important than your occupation. The fact he lives where the most successful and decorated team in the world play is a very fortunate bonus.

Unfortunately for him though he's signed a contract, and behaving like he is isn't going to benefit his situation. 

I must say Chelsea have been very naive in their approach to this window. They haven't appeared to consider targets for players they may lose due to ridiculous offers (Willian) or a Costa type scenario (Courtios). Youd think after years of operating as a top club they would have learned.

Agreed. Chelsea knew this and appear to have done fuck all to genuinely pursue a replacement so he's trying to force their hand. 

He'll serve his last year as a professional if needed but Sarri just yesterday pretending he didn't know courtois wishes called for some escalation from within the players camp.

#FreeTibet

• The title was changed to Thibaut Courtois - Chelsea Keeper Misses Training

Archived