talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sack Jorge Sampaoli

I really hope that coach Jorge Sampaoli gets fired asap. He does not have the ability to make the team perform and he does not have the players' confidence. It is visible on the players' body language. A coach's primary task is to get the team to perform according to their ability. Jorge obviously can not!

And his starting line up against Croatia was a joke. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

i'm also livid that 1) Lo Celso still didn't get a start and 2) Pavon didn't get a start after impressing against Iceland.

Sampaoli's had a mare.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

How can you not start Higuain or Dybala if you have a creative mind like Messi behind them? 

Because there is a bigger issue than that. It's actually having a midfield that can successfully find the ball to Messi. 

I thought this was a thread saying he'd already been sacked and I thought "wow that was fucking quick."

Seriously though, at this point, why the fuck not just sack him now and have Maradona give it another go for the rest of the tournament? It's unlikely El Diego will embarrass them any further than Sampaoli did/can do... and if they crash and burn, well it looks like that's what they're doing anyways isn't it?

Today´s game is 100% on him. He got his tactics totally wrong, that midfield formation was a disaster. It´s strange that he didn´t realize after the Iceland game that he needed a better , more dynamic passers in central midfield, especially against Croatia, a team that has Modric and Rakitic. Instead of starting Lo Celso, he ditched Biglia for Pérez. I get the 3-4-3, but the players he fielded to counter Croatia´s midfield were the wrong ones. 

I think the argentinian midfield should have been: Biglia-Banega-Lo Celso-Di María. With Pavón instead of Meza in the attack. 

Another decision that blew on his face was the goalkeeper one. Apparently, he chose Willy over Armani because he thought Caballero was better with the feet. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

How can you not start Higuain or Dybala if you have a creative mind like Messi behind them? 

Because everytime they've done that they've still been shit. Messi has never done well as the 10 for Argentina. 

Weirdly, as long as Iceland don't beat Nigeria, there is still a chance Argentina can still qualify.

Looking at their performance last night, I'm sure they'd probably rather just go home than risk humiliation in the next round.

7 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Weirdly, as long as Iceland don't beat Nigeria, there is still a chance Argentina can still qualify.

Looking at their performance last night, I'm sure they'd probably rather just go home than risk humiliation in the next round.

Or sack Sampaoli and have a coach that can actually field a proper team. 

You're telling me a midfield of Banega, Mascherano, and Lo Celso wouldn't do better than Biglia, Perez, and Meza?

Fuck right off Sampaoli. You and your obsession with Caballero and Meza

Just now, SirBalon said:

O.o

Please no! xD

Well he is getting paid 10K a day to be in the World cup, needs to do something for the money,  on a serious note, Argentina will probably have to put a more attacking team out against Nigeria due to their goal difference, so Sampaoli's tactics will probably be the same as Croatia.

Argentina can´t sack Sampaoli. He has a contract until 2022 and if he´s fired before Copa America next year, AFA will have to pay him 20 million dollars, and at the current financial state of the argentinean federation, paying this sum is unthinkable.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well he is getting paid 10K a day to be in the World cup, needs to do something for the money,  on a serious note, Argentina will probably have to put a more attacking team out against Nigeria due to their goal difference, so Sampaoli's tactics will probably be the same as Croatia.

you know as well as I do that money has gone on the white powder.

Archived