talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 3 - 25 June - Iran 1-1 Portugal, Spain 2-2 Morocco

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

And that’s why VAR will never be 100%. It’s all about individual interpretation with decisions like that.

yep.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

And that’s why VAR will never be 100%. It’s all about individual interpretation with decisions like that.

What I've always said. You can't make it perfect.

Today VAR has been awful, although I can't discredit how its done this tournament.

Quieroz deserves more. He's done an excellent job at Iran.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

What I've always said. You can't make it perfect.

Today VAR has been awful, although I can't discredit how its done this tournament.

Quieroz deserves more. He's done an excellent job at Iran.

and I don't think any of us have ever said it will be perfect or that it's perfect right now but that gets conveniently ignored xD

Iran can go home with their heads high. They've played an excellent tournament.

Won against a very good Morocco side, drew Portugal and nearly good a result against Spain.

Work in progress and they did what we and Morocco should have done. Fair play to them.

Spain play Russia no? They will go through. Portugal play Uruguay, which is a very difficult game for them but an intriguing one.

Spain will be happy with that as Uruguay are no mugs and they wouldn't want to play against them at all, whereas they should beat Russia, even though Russia could still cause an upset.

Portugal vs Uruguay will be very intriguing due to the way both sides play. It could go either way and will no doubt be full of drama.

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

So he's sent off?

it looked like it. I only caught a glimpse of it right at the end. It looked like Cedric went straight for the ref and Pepe was having a go at him for doing so and telling him to go away. Referee definitely brandished a card to someone though.

That result couldn't have gone any worse for Portugal. Not only do they play a good side in Uruguay, they will more than likely confront Germany, Brazil or France in latter stages xD

That result has hurt them more than I thought. Or at least it likely will.

This ref has been abysmal, bad decisions, never a handball and he just hasn't had control of the players or managers.

VAR farcical 

Portugal v Uruguay is the battle of two team that just do enough each time. Fancy Portugal because they have more match winners. Spain to hammer Russia.

Gutted Iran are out :( - it was expected, but still... gutted.

It's a shame for them too because Carlos Queiroz has been a very good manager for the national team and this is most likely his last match in charge (although if the Iranian FA could somehow get him to stay longer, I am absolutely fine with that). It's ironic because I used to think he was a pretty poor manager, remember his time with Portugal?

At least Iran got a win this world cup, and then played 2 great European sides and didn't immediately roll over and die, like some sides might have. Good mentality for them, because even though Iran's got a pretty big population, investment in football is something that was neglected from the revolution until pretty recently.

• Subscriber

In a World Cup of abysmal refereeing that ranks right at the top. Absolutely disgraceful pair of decisions at the end. The fact Ronaldo can be punished when the referee has seen the Iran defender feigning injury is laughable and the fact he's given a penalty at the end makes a total mockery of the whole idea of VAR. Time to get it binned in time for the knockouts.

• The title was changed to Group B Matchday 3 - 25 June - Iran 1-1 Portugal, Spain 2-2 Morocco
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived