talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

Interesting update for the two people interested (Stan, Cannabis...i love you boys) so her mate messaged me the other night hoping I was doing alright. He has always been sound with me, and me to him, he's a nice lad. So he says it's just a matter of time before me and her are back together, obviously he doesn't know the full crack. So I tell him that it's done, that I obviously won't be able to message him from now but wished him the best. 

So this morning I get a message off her asking why I'm speaking to her mates, told her he messaged me and I made if clear to him the situation. So she says she doesn't like how I'm playing the victim in it all (I've said fuck all to anybody about it) and that she 'knew' I had been speaking to another lass during the relationship and that I still had my plenty of fish profile!!

I have no words to be honest, she's obviously feeling guilty about the breakup, knows I'm decent but want to tar me with a load of shite to make herself feel better. As soon as she said that I had the instant thought "thank you! Now its going to be a lot easier to get over you". I wish the lass all the best, she's got some personal issues and I hope she deals with them. But I dont want her anywhere near me if she is going to say venomous shite like that. It's a shame it ended up like this cause I did really love the lass. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, FOYM said:

Interesting updated for the two people interested (Stan, Cannabis...i love you boys) so her mate messaged me the other night hoping I was doing alright. He has always been sound with me, and me to him, he's a nice lad. So he says it's just a matter of time before me and her are back together, obviously he doesn't know the full crack. So I tell him that it's done, that I obviously won't be able to message him from now but wished him the best. 

So this morning I get a message off her asking why I'm speaking to her mates, told her he messaged me and I made if clear to him the situation. So she says she doesn't like how I'm playing the victim in it all (I've said fuck all to anybody about it) and that she 'knew' I had been speaking to another lass during the relationship and that I still had my plenty of fish profile!!

I have no words to be honest, she's obviously feeling guilty about the breakup, knows I'm decent but want to tar me with a load of shite to make herself feel better. As soon as she said that I had the instand thought "thank you! Now its going to be a lot easier to get over you". I wish the ladd all the best, she's got some personal issues and I hope she deals with them. But I dont want her anywhere near me if she is going to say venomous shite like that. It's a Shane it ended up like this cause I did really love the lass. 

Gotta laugh at that mate, not at you, but just the general reaction from her xD. Standard girly, 'sand in her vagina' kind of reaction. No doubt she's feeling like crap after the break up too but it sounds like there was no need for her to aim that accusation at you!

So what if you speak to her (your!) mate? You were even friendly about the situation as many would have easily bad-mouthed her or acted all salty about how it ended. Given how she reacted after you spoke to this guy, it makes me wonder if she got him to message you and see if there was a chance of getting back together. With you saying that 'it's done', it's set her off without you intending it. 

Girls will be girls though. Sometimes they make no sense and you wonder what goes on in their heads (see my post above about how confusing they can be!) She's probably bitched a lot about you to her friends and been encouraged to give you a bit of shit about it all. 

Well tbh, I said I wished it wasn't over but that she made it clear it was. It doesn't matter, I don't have any interest in stooping down to her level to throw stones back. I've got a load of great memories with her and I'd rather just get on with my life and not focus too much on the shitty ending. 

I've learnt a few things going forward from this though, some valuable lessons.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Well tbh, I said I wished it wasn't over but that she made it clear it was. It doesn't matter, I don't have any interest in stooping down to her level to throw stones back. I've got a load of great memories with her and I'd rather just get on with my life and not focus too much on the shitty ending. 

I've learnt a few things going forward from this though, some valuable lessons.

ZHJVOKl.gif

• Subscriber
On 19/09/2017 at 5:38 PM, FOYM said:

Interesting update for the two people interested (Stan, Cannabis...i love you boys) so her mate messaged me the other night hoping I was doing alright. He has always been sound with me, and me to him, he's a nice lad. So he says it's just a matter of time before me and her are back together, obviously he doesn't know the full crack. So I tell him that it's done, that I obviously won't be able to message him from now but wished him the best. 

I have no words to be honest, she's obviously feeling guilty about the breakup, knows I'm decent but want to tar me with a load of shite to make herself feel better. As soon as she said that I had the instant thought "thank you! Now its going to be a lot easier to get over you". I wish the lass all the best, she's got some personal issues and I hope she deals with them. But I dont want her anywhere near me if she is going to say venomous shite like that. It's a shame it ended up like this cause I did really love the lass. 

Standard, I'm sure her actions are vaguely understandable if she's got problems or whatever, I rationalized some of the shit I went through with one of my ex's as she had a history of depression which explained some of her irrational actions.

End of the day though, you've got to do you, there's compromise and understanding in relationships but your first responsibility has to be to yourself (if you don't have kids). Sounds like this is what you're doing, there'll be another one before long who will make the last one seem like shit.

Been with my gf for 16 months now and have started to look at the future. I know I'm asking for things to go tits up now but I have a rough plan how I want 2018 to pan out and if it does I can see me asking her the big question.

Fancy Burton away? Hopefully she says yes.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Been with my gf for 16 months now and have started to look at the future. I know I'm asking for things to go tits up now but I have a rough plan how I want 2018 to pan out and if it does I can see me asking her the big question.

Wow congrats mate hope she says yes :banana:

17 hours ago, Lucas said:

Haha mate don't! Been with mine for just over two years now and it's still too soon. Obviously as we're travelling currently and over the next year or two then this would be as good a time as any to do it, with some mystical scenery in the background of Australia, NZ, Asia or Central America...but I'm currently very happy how we are. Fortunately we're away from family so dodge all of the "when are you going to ask her" talk, but defo don't let all of that talk from family rush you...Burton away is a big event.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Baby is due in 4 weeks. Mrs has been really ill in/out of hospital with heart problems. All fun and games!

you really should be here though in some people's eyes :dam:

in all seriousness, hope everything goes okay with the baby and your missus recovers :) 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Baby is due in 4 weeks. Mrs has been really ill in/out of hospital with heart problems. All fun and games!

Hope everything goes OK mate, need any help I've got your back on the Warrington Guardians fb page xoxo

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Hope all is good mate.

One for the single boys: I currently can't be bothered pursuing anyone right now. Strange feeling, just busy with work and happy being selfish and doing my own thing. Anyone else get that feeling sometimes? Or are you constantly chasing birds?

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Hope all is good mate.

One for the single boys: I currently can't be bothered pursuing anyone right now. Strange feeling, just busy with work and happy being selfish and doing my own thing. Anyone else get that feeling sometimes? Or are you constantly chasing birds?

The only birds I get to chase these days are the ones that come in my garden to rob my newly laid grass seed.. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Anton said:

Hope all is good mate.

definitely did when I was single. Didn't really care for getting in to a relationship at the time and enjoyed doing my own thing as well, just enjoyed life*. Those days were cheaper!

*things have changed since then xD:ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Hope all is good mate.

I am not single, but i miss the endless free time etc. The couple stuff + living together has it's own benefits, but also at time i miss the single life.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Thanks gents. We've got an appointment with the consultant midwife and cardiologist on Wednesday. Could be an early arrival....

won't be the first time one of you have come early for sure :ph34r: 

Archived