talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 19th August - Brighton 3-2 Man Utd

football forum

1 minute ago, Dan said:

He's not rubbish but I've read legitimate comparisons to Mbappe and it's just laughable to be honest.

What do the Man Utd fans think? Are you lot all big fans or do you think it's a bit of a youngster gets free pass scenario?

I don't know if I'm being irrational but I just don't get the hype one bit.

Mbappe comparisons are hilarious, I'm probably more closer to Rashford in footballing ability than he is to Mbappe. xD

I still don't know what he his best position is, needs to make one his otherwise I can see him going the way of Walcott. A very good Premier League player who could've been so much more.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and I'm not putting it all on him at all, but can someone seriously explain how Marcus Rashford is so highly rated? What am I missing?

Lots of pace and has good shot.   Still only 20 and is Manchester born.  Seems to have stagnated lately though, has become selfish and wasteful.  He needs a couple of goals, but also has to realise it's a team game.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

I’d also like to point out that Fred is Aids. How we continue to find the shittest Brazilian footballers of all time is beyond me.

Looks like a shit Ramires. 

A starting XI worth 400 million. Laughing at the suggestions the result is down to United's summer activity. Phil Neville needs to be sacked 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Looks like a shit Ramires. 

A starting XI worth 400 million. Laughing at the suggestions the result is down to United's summer activity. Phil Neville needs to be sacked 

He’s not the only one. Genuinely embarrassed to be a fan of this club right now. We’re a laughing stock. There’s just never anything positive to take from the results, even when you manage to win. Mourinho and this team have killed my passion for football.

• Subscriber

Pogba is genuinely more concerned with his own interests than digging in here and helping his team get a result. Content to put in a half-arsed effort and let the media continue to blame Mourinho even though Pogba has been more concerned with his image and getting a trademark celebration nailed down for the next FIFA so he can be more marketable to 14 year old Japanese kids than actually proving he's the world class footballer he fancies himself. And there he is captaining Manchester United, an absolute disgrace to the club. For all his talent, Paul Pogba is an absolute odious footballer and person.

Mourinho deserves criticism but enough people will cover that in detail so I won't bother repeating it yet another time.

The rest of United's players, no shits given. The likes of Lukaku and Martial just content to half-arse it like Pogba because they know nobody will be talking about them, they'll only be busy prodding Mourinho to lose his shit in every press conference and interview between now and next weekend. That is a problem that stems from the manager and the lack of real characters and winners on the pitch but these are also grown men and I saw enough Everton players last season half-arsing it which isn't acceptable regardless of how much you don't get on with the manager. You're playing for a great football club and it's not acceptable to half-arse performances under any circumstances.

Today, Mourinho will come out and probably bash his players again, and regardless of everything else, he's absolutely right to do so. That performance was a disgrace from those players.

Credit to Brighton for an effective performance. Nothing special, just scrapping and riding the waves of momentum when the opportunity arose. Clinical in front of goal, Chris Hughton has enabled his players to maximise their strengths today.

• Subscriber

Completely agree with you @RandoEFC that while Mourinho is obviously orchestrating the whole thing, it's become too easy for these players to hide behind that. A lot of them are a disgrace.

Had them 6th in pre-season and seen nothing to change my mind.

• Subscriber

Also it's only two games but I don't understand what Fred brings to the table. Never seen him in Ukraine but in these first two games he just looks like a body to scrap in midfield that's half-decent at keeping possession at times.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Buy buy buy and buy again. The breaks were put on because no advancement was observed and now even fans send the players under the bus. When is it going to be the fault of the coach?

If by coach, you mean manager, don't really see what he can do, when players don't want to give it their 100%

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Buy buy buy and buy again. The breaks were put on because no advancement was observed and now even fans send the players under the bus. When is it going to be the fault of the coach?

United have been shite, and some of these players have been there throughout the reigns of Moyes, Van Gaal and now Mourinho still playing half-arsed. If the manager isn't good enough or isn't doing a good enough job, then that's a problem, but these players have just gotten used to not being threatened because since Fergie left the managers have persistently been blamed. I will reverse your question and ask you, when do the players take responsibility for their lacklustre effort and results on the pitch?

Like I said above, I saw this with Everton last season. When Unsworth managed us for a bit but the players knew they could half-arse it because he wasn't sticking around so why bother getting used to his tactics or try and earn a place in his thinking? Same with Allardyce later in the season. It's not acceptable from a fan's point of view. If the manager sets you up with shit tactics or poor team selections, then that's the manager's fault. If you then go out there and don't try your hardest for the football club because "you don't see eye to eye with the manager" or "you don't agree with the manager's philosophy" or "the manager has lost the dressing room" then that's the players' fault as well. Last season with Everton it was the manager's fault and the players' fault both. I've seen the same thing today with Manchester United. And, for me, when the players go out there and show that attitude, it is worth than the simple incompetence demonstrated by a struggling manager. All of this comes back to the media circus and our obsession with blaming managers disproportionately. Mourinho is doing a lot of things wrong at the moment but in today's performance I have some sympathy for him.

44 minutes ago, AMG said:

If by coach, you mean manager, don't really see what he can do, when players don't want to give it their 100%

I don't mean manager because if he were the manager he wouldn't be crying that they haven't bought him any new players again.

I mean coach!

When is it going to be his fault?

At Real Madrid the players got him sacked, at Chelsea the players got him sacked and now people are suggesting that a new coup is being plotted against him.

6 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Questions have to pointed at the board, when you look at United's transfer activity there seems to be a clear lack in belief in Mourinho. No idea why they just didn't get rid? 

When you keep on throwing a considerable amount of money at something without seeing any change that marks on a similar scope as the investment, then the fingers point at only one place.  It's no wonder someone has said... Wait a minute!  Do something with what we spent money on first before we throw more money at the situation.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst Mourinho has been a disaster, let's not pretend that United were all fine when he joined. Since Ferguson left they've been absolutely woeful. Moyes, van Gaal and Jose have all set them back. 

Yes this is true but let's not pretend that tons of money wasn't thrown at restructuring the side.  It was all wearing thin even with Ferguson.  Mourinho make it seem like since he joined they've boycotted any signings.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived