• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southgate to (Manchester) United

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Southgate's done a decent job so far with England, but is being able to beat Panama and Sweden and then struggling to beat Colombia before being outplayed by Croatia really enough to get you the United job?

Not just Croatia, 2 games against Belgium they were ordinary. 3 tests in the world cup, all 3 games ended in defeat. 

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Not just Croatia, 2 games against Belgium they were ordinary. 3 tests in the world cup, all 3 games ended in defeat. 

Forgot about Belgium, but you're right. Outplayed by anyone of class and I think we were fortunate Colombia were without Rodriguez otherwise that could have been a disappointing day.

I don't see this one happening his club record isn't the best as a manager. The main reason I don't see it happening is because he is building something special with England he has plenty of time for club management he's very patriotic. I think he will thankfully stay with England he won't be their number 1 choice in any case. 

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

To be fair, the vast majority of the job in the Premier League is beating teams you should beat. We're top of the league from doing little more than that

21 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Gone when you appointed Mourinho.

Or when they sacked David Moyes I'm not saying they were wrong to get rid of him but the fact it got leaked before it was announced. I think the same happened to Van Gaal to. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Think a manager appointment wont solve that issue getting rid of the rubbish that you let on the field will.

Mainly aimed at Pogba I presume. 😀 his antics this season have been s disgrace. World class players make an impact most weeks and try every week that's why he isn't world class. I don't care whether he is a world champion or not. Stephanie Guivarch was a world champion with France but that didn't make him world class.

• Subscriber
Just now, Kyletoonfan said:

Mainly aimed at Pogba I presume. 😀 his antics this season have been s disgrace. World class players make an impact most weeks and try every week that's why he isn't world class. I don't care whether he is a world champion or not. Stephanie Guivarch was a world champion with France but that didn't make him world class.

Nah aimed at any player that decides they want a vacation just because they don't like who is in charge. Quite humorous how they all just magically started winning games and going places once the manager was sacked and I have never understood (hopefully never) why players think they can drop professionalism just because they dont like someone in charge. Pogba might have been vocal about it and he might actually be shit with a WC medal to his name but then you have to look at some of the other players and how good they've been and you slowly start to realize it isn't just Pogba that's an issue its the entire team. Rashford and De Gea should be exempt from this because whenever I have watched United play they seem to be wanting to play out of their skin for the club. 

Laughable really but the sad thing is that it wouldn't actually be a surprise with the complete muppets running the show. He'd be a lot better than the abysmal Mourinho though, literally the worst manager to have managed United in nmy lifetime bar none

Archived