talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched 'Crazy Rich Asians'. It's like every second Bollywood movie. The only time I (or for that matter anyone else in the theatre) laughed was when Ken Jeong or his family showed up on the screen. The only other good thing was the excellent food shots. 

Also watched the 1987 version of 'Man on fire'. It's a typical 80's movie. I was slightly creeped out by the way they showed the hero and child's relationship. But overall it was an enjoyable movie. If you have enjoyed movies like Manhunter or Thief, then you will like this one. For those who have watched Denzel Washington's version, this might be a decent watch too. 

He and his crew stole the show. The 'truth serum' bit was hilarious. 

I was cracking up a bit at that part... 

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I did but it was too childish overall. I mean every Marvel has it's childish moments but the story wasn't overwhelming either.

You have been married 5 minutes and already turning into a miserable old sod.... Took me years and years and 4 kids before I got finally beaten down... 

I suppose you are going to be turning your nose up at lots of stuff now as being far to 'immature' for your tastes... 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You have been married 5 minutes and already turning into a miserable old sod.... Took me years and years and 4 kids before I got finally beaten down... 

I suppose you are going to be turning your nose up at lots of stuff now as being far to 'immature' for your tastes... 

Hahahahahah love that comment, no i enjoy comedy in movies. Marvel movies is full of it, however overall the movie didn't impress me. Still the end hints to the Infinity War ending, think that Ant-Man could be crucial in the second movie story.

Watched Venom. It wasn't great but it wasn't that bad either as the criticism going around. 

Also, watched Andhadhun. It's not a typical Bollywood movie. Probably the best movie I have seen so far this year. Smart, funny, edge of seat thriller where the dark humour is brilliant. 

@Stan I know you watch Hindi movies from time to time, please do watch this. It also stars your favourite girl. And anyone else who loves dark comedic murder thrillers should do too. You will thank me. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Venom. It wasn't great but it wasn't that bad either as the criticism going around. 

Also, watched Andhadhun. It's not a typical Bollywood movie. Probably the best movie I have seen so far this year. Smart, funny, edge of seat thriller where the dark humour is brilliant. 

@Stan I know you watch Hindi movies from time to time, please do watch this. It also stars your favourite girl. And anyone else who loves dark comedic murder thrillers should do too. You will thank me. 

I had no idea @Cannabis girlfriend was in Bollywood. Lovely.

Maybe @DeadLinesman is interested in this film too.

• Haha 1

Halloween (2018) - 6.5/10

****Spoilers****

You may be shocked to see the rating be as low as it is given the hype I gave the film. It unfortunately let me down. Don't get me wrong, there were moments I absolutely enjoyed. In fact, there were a couple scenes that were extremely memorable. However, given the hype that was built up to this movie, and how it was Carpenter's and Curtis' last attempt to finally putting the franchise to rest, it did one thing that will irritate me until the end of time....Closure. Or in better words, the lack of. 

I thought the beginning was fantastic. Middle was okish (thought they showed Michael far too many times. One of the great things about the original, were the brief glimpses we saw of him. In this film, there were multiple POV's of Michael that kind of ruined the eeriness for me.) You see Michael's real face a few times too, but that really didn't bother me. The ending was both incredible and disappointing. Ill get to that. 

I thought they did a decent attempt to capture the same tone as the original, however there were far too many cheesy/generic modern day themes that ruined it. There was a combination of great characters and poor characters. Jamie Lee Curtis yet again stole the show. The doctor was a decent addition, but left many question marks regarding his intentions. Why did he kill the sheriff? Why did he let Michael free? Was he the one who taught him to drive in the original? Why is he so interested in Michael? So many questions left unanswered and Michael bloody kills him off before we even know his backstory. Some characters seriously served no purpose. Like the granddaughter. Was there even a point to her? I know she's holding the knife at the end, but you could have literally made the film without her and it would of made no difference. 

The fight/chase scene between Michael and Laurie was fantastic. Bar none the best scene in the film. The first memorable moment was when Laurie pulled a "Michael", when she vanishes from his sight. The other of which was when both Laurie and her daughter trap Michael in the cage. The flames start to infuse the room, and you get a very hair-raising scene of Michael just staring at them while the flames burn behind him. That one will go down as one of the best scenes of the franchise. 

However, that is where it ends. No big unmask reveal. No moment where Laurie embraces Michael for the final time before killing him. No Michael speaking. Nothing. In fact, at the very end, you seen the burning room and Michael isn't even there? Laurie just traps him in the cage, burns the house down and drives off with her daughter and granddaughter, with the camera then moving closer to the granddaughters hand holding the knife that stabbed Michael. Then the film ends. If this was supposedly the last film of the franchise, there was quite literally no closure. And for that reason, I gave it such a low score. 

What pisses me off, is that this will inevitably lead to one film, and another, then another, and another. We wanted one film. One film only. One that had closure, and we didn't get it. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

On 22/09/2018 at 12:41, Gunnersauraus said:

It's  not a fact but critics are critically trained and so there opinions are generally well balanced. And both films were better received than the prequels 

The opinions of professional critics are only really useful if you know that the critic is/critics are in tune with what you usually like but that can be said about non-professional critics as well which basically means the opinions of professional critics are basically on the same level as the opinions of regular people.

Just coming back from A star is born. I can see why there is Oscar buzz around it. Well made movie simply about a relationship with two leads putting in good performances. Nothing special but it's just the kind of movie the award functions love. It's a decent debut for Cooper the director, even though it feels just a tad bit  rushed at the end. 

The whole buzz is around Lady Gaga (and she is good, especially when she is performing songs) but I thought Cooper was more impressive, even with that dodgy cowboy accent. And he sings quite well, too. Which brings me to the songs. I am not big on country music, but I loved couple of the songs (not the pop ones of Lady Gaga when her career takes off). 

• Subscriber

Sicario Day of the Soldado - 6/10 - Pretty disappointing considering the first installment was one of my favourites in the last few years. This lost nearly all the things that made the first movie work. The only redeeming quality really was it had some decent action and Benecio.  

• Subscriber

I remember watching those films and I  might dig them up and watch them again.

Gangster James 'Whitey' Bulger found dead in prison

19 minutes ago

_104104327_gettyimages-644663366.jpg

The former leader of South Boston's Winter Hill gang inspired the film Black Mass featuring Johnny Depp, and The Departed, which won the Academy Award for best picture in 2006.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46036058

On 03/11/2018 at 05:26, Gunnersauraus said:

12 years a slave.

10/10 didn't see it all need to watch it all. But what I saw. Absolutely brilliant

Great soundtrack too! But then again, Hans Zimmer is like cheating in the movie soundtrack business.