talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Administrator

Fighting With My Family - 7/10

Enjoyed it. I think I could relate to it more because I knew some parts of the story for Paige, like her family background and being thrust in to the ring thanks to the will of her parents and then realising she was quite good. And also the competition with her brother at WAW. 

The story is played out well and there's a good 'flow' to the film - it doesn't appear as if there has been a lot just laid on thick just for film purposes (obviously the WM bits are fake but you kind of put that to one side in the whole context of the rest of the film).

I did enjoy the 'sextape' reference 'why do you call him sextape?' 'Oh because he makes everyone famous' xD.

And there's also the positive influence of the film of getting kids off the street doing bad things (drugs, vandalism etc) and getting to do an activity (wrestling) through WAW. 

The one thing I'm not sure about is just how much Paige and her brother (Zak) fell out and how much that was dramatised. 

• Subscriber

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (2010)

A french fantasy-adventure film written and directed by Luc Besson tells the story of Adèle Blanc-Sec, a journalist and travel writer who seeks to find and revive the mummy of the physician of Ramses the Great in order to save her comatose sister. A lot of comical relief and good-hearted old school adventure. That's what all comic book adaptations should look like. 

Never even heard about this film before... Positively surprised and thoroughly enjoyed it! Luc Besson meets Indiana Jones kind of movie xD 

8/10 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Overlord - 8/10 Been meaning to catch this for awhile since I saw the preview. Kept me on the edge of my seat for the first half before it starts going down the rabbit hole. Thoroughly entertaining and a bit bizarre. The idea itself I liked and I dont think is as far fetched as it might seem, they take it a full step further or two but it totally works. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Children of Men 9/10

This movie was an instant classic, but it gets better and better the more dystopian the world becomes.

One of my favourite movies ever... 

• Subscriber

Triple Frontier - 6/10 I dont know what it is about Netflix movies but Ive yet to be impressed by one, they've had some top notch shows but I digress. Just another filler movie with some good action scenes and a large bromance full of cliches and loses focus more then once. Instantly forgettable.

Triple frontier 7/10

Strong thriller, compelling believable performances from a very strong cast. A bit by the numbers as far as plot goes but the action scenes and cinematography (and music come to think of it) are all fantastic.

I think Viva is a tad harsh. If you like action thrillers this is a solid recommend. 

• Subscriber
On 24/03/2019 at 00:22, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Triple frontier 7/10

Strong thriller, compelling believable performances from a very strong cast. A bit by the numbers as far as plot goes but the action scenes and cinematography (and music come to think of it) are all fantastic.

I think Viva is a tad harsh. If you like action thrillers this is a solid recommend. 

Respectfully disagree sir. Theres plenty of brainless action movies Id reccomend before Id land on this one.

It started well Ill give you that but as soon as they robbed the place it went downhill fast. Half the movie was a circlejerk of transporting the bajillion dollars in a relay team through the mountains, even If i can get passed the part where that makes sense it gets dumber. Then theres SOA boy that gets shot through the gut/side that apparently didnt affect him at all durring the entire relay or scaling of mountains, let alone the fact that they didnt eat or drink. Then theres the great epiphany that they come to that the  money doesnt matter cus fuckface dies? thats fucking lovely seeing as beyond greed was the only reason the helicopter crashed to begin with also the only reason they had to shoot their way out of the compound. The end was poetic in all that noone could take any of the money that they where all after to begin with. The woman el tigre was banging and her brother got away with the most money of anyone. Im bored just reliving this. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Lone Survivor - 7/10 Solid movie. I remember reading about the story way back when, it translated pretty well to the big screen. The whole scene where they're discovered is an interesting ongoing debate about the rules of engagement. Also I love Ben Foster in everything he does, worth a watch.

Edited by Viva la FCB

Noseferatu: Phantom der Nacht 8/10

At first I thought it was a great movie, and loved the visuals and the mood but felt that the acting style was a little weird and dated. I figured that's just 1970s Germany for you.  But it seemed odd since I've seen Bruno Ganz deliver an extremely realistic and intense performance in Downfall and he just seemed too different.

Now on second thought, I realise the acting from the three leads was probably purposefully meant to evoke the really exaggerated silent film acting like in the original Noseferatu. 

Overall it's a brilliant effort at updating an iconic silent movie into a disturbing and interesting modern film, without losing all the characteristics of the original.