The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

20 hours ago, True Blue said:

Mystic Rover (2003) 6.5/10

Solid movie with a shit ending

You are kidding right.

@topic

Annabel Creation is a  solid addition to the Conjuring Franchise. Way, way better than the other Annabel movies.

The first half is very good. Becomes a bit of a hurried thing post intermission, but still a good watch.

They also tease about the nun(from Conjuring 2) movie.

8 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

You are kidding right.

@topic

Annabel Creation is a  solid addition to the Conjuring Franchise. Way, way better than the other Annabel movies.

The first half is very good. Becomes a bit of a hurried thing post intermission, but still a good watch.

They also tease about the nun(from Conjuring 2) movie.

Maybe that's not a typo and he actually watched some awful film called Mystic Rover. xD Mystic River is a great film.

• Subscriber

Baywatch - 5/10

Somehow they made this over 2 hours long. It really didnt need to be. It was ok had some funny moments, it didnt take itself serious at all. Had some beauties Daddario is my favourite not enough cleavage shots though of her, i was expected more in that department.

Road to Perdition

My other half hadn't seen this so we put it on Saturday night. Brilliant film.

Somber, stately, and beautifully mounted, much in the vain of American Beauty. Brilliant cast, stunning cinematography and a gripping insight into fatherhood amidst the chaos of the mob. Never get bored of watching this.

9/10

• Upvote 1

Just returning from watching 'The Dark Tower'. 

It was utterly terrible.  I haven't read the books,  but you can tell that the source material was probably good or at least had potential.  The filmmakers have ruined it.  Not a single fight scene,  or emotional scene has been done well.  Everything seems rushed. 

Matthew doesn't suit the role,  while Elba sleepwalks through his.  The little boy can only do much. It's a really terribly made movie.  I yawned plenty of times, and  almost dozed off. 

• Sad 1

On 8/30/2017 at 3:17 PM, Lucas said:

Road to Perdition

Somber, stately, and beautifully mounted, much in the vain of American Beauty. Brilliant cast, stunning cinematography and a gripping insight into fatherhood amidst the chaos of the mob. Never get bored of watching this.

9/10

Very good movie, indeed.

• Subscriber
On 8/30/2017 at 7:17 AM, Lucas said:

Road to Perdition

9/10

I actually just went back and rewatched it a month or two ago. I forgot how good a movie it really is from all the aspects you mention. Jude Law's character/acting was what i remembered most.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched 'IT' on the weekend, and it's by far one of the best horror movies in the recent times. What makes this movie thoroughly enjoyable is not just the scares, but the casting, story and jokes. The humour is brilliant - a wee bit dark at times, but brilliant nevertheless.

The new Pennywise, despite the somewhat less screentime, is scarier than Tim Curry's. And unlike the original, who was at times goofy, the new Pennywise is just plain evil. And it works. The voice, the laugh and the drooling while talking just creeps you out. 

All the child actors are fabulous, though Stranger Thing's Anderson steals the show as the guttermouth Richie. Again as good as Seth Green was in the original, Anderson is brilliant. Also the kids who play Beverley and Ben are lovely.

If you are a fan of the original then you will obviously love this, but you will also love this if you are a fan of Goonies. The humour in this reminded me of Goonies.

I am already eager to see what they will do in Chapter Two.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 6/10

I will say one thing i rather enjoyed the ample amount of topless scenes with my love Eva Green. She should be topless at all time, because it was only 50% of the movie i could only give it a 6/10. The stories werent anything special, Joseph Gordon Levitt's was probably the weakest. The comic book style is still interesting to me and probably the only reason i finished it, other then the aforementioned Eva Green toplessness. 

An American Werewolf in London - 8/10

A sublime example of the horror-comedy genre. The humour is nuanced and the gorey special effects are in your face. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and would suggest it to fans of the Evil Dead and Dale and Tucker vs. Evil. Features a very catchy 70s soundtrack.

• Upvote 1

Watched Logan Lucky.  As others have rightfully described it online,  it is indeed Ocean's Eleven with hillbillies.  Decent story,  heist and twist.  Humour is mostly subtle,  which one might miss if one is not paying attention.  Fairly nice cast.  Not as awesome as Ocean's Eleven,  but not bad either. 

• Subscriber

It - 9/10 - Fantastic from start to finish. One of my favourite horror flicks in as long as I can remember, i will definitely buy this one blueray when it comes out. Bill Skaarsgard was a perfect Pennywise. Great story, some good comic relief and good lines. Im excited for a chapter 2.