talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Today I Had To Laugh At...

football forum

Just reading a random news story about councils setting up secret cameras to catch local fly tippers and as I am reading through it there is a bit about a woman who got fined £400 for dumping black bags in the area... funny bit for me was that it was her own daughter who dobbed her in after she was pissed off about being grounded... xD

• Haha 2

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just reading a random news story about councils setting up secret cameras to catch local fly tippers and as I am reading through it there is a bit about a woman who got fined £400 for dumping black bags in the area... funny bit for me was that it was her own daughter who dobbed her in after she was pissed off about being grounded... xD

Good!

Fly-tipping is a terrible thing to do. The more reprobates that are caught doing this, the better. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Good!

Fly-tipping is a terrible thing to do. The more reprobates that are caught doing this, the better. 

It is when it's just dumped on street corners etc making the place look a right mess but a lot of the problem stems from councils not providing adequate waste facilities for local areas, I mean there are one or two pictures of people leaving stuff in an area designated for rubbish it's just not the right type of rubbish which comes back to having more options for rubbish disposal, at least these people were not just throwing stuff anywhere and leaving it where rubbish is actually supposed to picked up... it's a difficult one 

CCTV image of fly-tippers in the London borough of Barking and Dagenham

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It is when it's just dumped on street corners etc making the place look a right mess but a lot of the problem stems from councils not providing adequate waste facilities for local areas, I mean there are one or two pictures of people leaving stuff in an area designated for rubbish it's just not the right type of rubbish which comes back to having more options for rubbish disposal, at least these people were not just throwing stuff anywhere and leaving it where rubbish is actually supposed to picked up... it's a difficult one 

Yeah was gonna say that's unfortunate there's no facility for all the rubbish to be disposed.

In my line of work I see it all too often where rubbish is dumped not too far from their homes - garage sites, fields, communal play areas etc etc. 

It's good when we put up CCTV and catch them, approach them and see their faces when they try and outright lie to us despite showing them the evidence we have xD 

• Subscriber

Just been talking to a guy on the phone when sorting my gas/electric bill out, he said his name was Nick so I said I will ask for him if needed next time and he said don't ask for Nick, they call me the Monkey Hanger because I am from Hartlepool and he said check Google and you will find out why... I did.   xD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_hanger

• Haha 1