talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

I'm now for all countries to acquire nukes. In this world if you are not a superpower US, China, Russia or ally/bitch of these superpowers Europe, Japan, Belarus then this fate awaits you sooner or later. 

Iran and Turkey should expedite their nuclear programs. They are serious Middle Eastern countries who could be next. 

1 hour ago, Beelzebub said:

I'm now for all countries to acquire nukes. In this world if you are not a superpower US, China, Russia or ally/bitch of these superpowers Europe, Japan, Belarus then this fate awaits you sooner or later. 

Iran and Turkey should expedite their nuclear programs. They are serious Middle Eastern countries who could be next. 

This is the worst idea tbh.

Nuclear weapons held by everyone requires that people in all future generations understand what mutually assured destruction means. We’re now 78 years from Hiroshima and Nagasaki and humanity has demonstrated an inability to learn from history.

Before WW1 Europe built up massive armies thinking that these huge armies would be a deterrent to war. After all Europe had seen what mass warfare of large armies would mean and no European country would want to ever see that ever happen again.

And the massive armies didn’t stop WW1 from happening. I think if you give every country nuclear weapons, we just move the end of humanity a hell of a lot closer to now. Sooner or later humans aren’t going to take the concept of mutually assured destruction seriously.

I’d prefer that be an issue for some generation far in the future and when I’m long dead.

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Henry Kissinger is Jewish born and fled Nazi Germany in 1938.  He never was involved in what Germany did, however is very involved in America turning the blind eye to war crimes 

Yes I’m aware that his family fled Germany to the USA, a much more multicultural country, where he would then grow up to become one of the biggest war criminals in modern history, if not the biggest.

I just find it ironic that someone who fled Germany during their pursuit for racial purity for safety in a multicultural society is now nearly 90 years later decrying German multiculturalism.

Honestly, Kissinger should keep his mouth shut on every issue that’s not: 1) how to drag out a war, 2) giving advice on killing civilians.

Honestly he’d make a killing giving some advice to Hamas or Netanyahu as a consultant.

All 50 onboard the chopper dead ! This is the country and super agency Mossad which had a myth created around it how it 'won' against Arabs everytime. After 67 US had to literally come to save their ass by painting American jets in Israeli colors flying covert operations which might happen again.

Given Iranian regime's experience with proxy wars and their 100s of militias it's better for Israel if this doesn't escalate, if Hamas alone can wipe out their entire special forces parties Iran would toast them. 

On 13/10/2023 at 12:15, OrangeKhrush said:

https://www.politico.eu/article/henry-kissinger-germany-let-in-way-too-many-foreigners/

Henry Kissinger on the failure of multicultural diversity and it's impacts on national identity.  His response to the carnival atmosphere in the streets of Berlin, Sydney, Sheffield, London, Vienna to the murder of "Jews".

we have also seen similar scenes of jubilation in the US with BLM throwing their lot in with Hamas.

I'm no expert at all, and do not actively follow half of what goes around the world, etc, so forgive me anyone if this does not sound correct enough. I just don't like seeing & hearing this kind of stuff going on. But it seems to me that perhaps some countries where 'multiculturalism' has been an approach to life. Maybe it has kind of worked. But is usually where other cultures have actively chosen to move in, of their own will. And even then there are still issues & tensions in America, Britain, France, etc.

The issue with Israel, to Hamas & everyone sympathetic to them, is how Israel was formed. By colonialists who thought they knew best.. and so is a huge political hammer to bash people with. And presumably feels very justifiable to those holding it.

Israel was formed even more recently than Northern Ireland. And as a side note there, a different northern part of Ireland historically had been Ulster. And at least one of its political parties still wants Ulster Unionism. Never mind choosing between UK or Ireland.

It's perhaps the 2 most comparable nations - regions. And there may perhaps be a case that a bit more of a 'multiculturalism' approach from all sides could have improved things. Arrived at better tension levels this long after. Especially when the goal for so many is, at this point, to revert back to the days of great, great grandparents, or further. Or just rip it all up & literally do away with any ideas contrary to their own.

It's definitely a question of how to do away with the pretty much totalitarian xenophobic mindsets. On both sides. Suggestions of multiculturalism just unlikely to have much impact. When the other side seem legit crazy.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

12 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I'm no expert at all, and do not actively follow half of what goes around the world, etc, so forgive me anyone if this does not sound correct enough. I just don't like seeing & hearing this kind of stuff going on. But it seems to me that perhaps some countries where 'multiculturalism' has been an approach to life. Maybe it has kind of worked. But is usually where other cultures have actively chosen to move in, of their own will. And even then there are still issues & tensions in America, Britain, France, etc.

The issue with Israel, to Hamas & everyone sympathetic to them, is how Israel was formed. By colonialists who thought they knew best.. and so is a huge political hammer to bash people with. And presumably feels very justifiable to those holding it.

Israel was formed even more recently than Northern Ireland. And as a side note there, a different northern part of Ireland historically had been Ulster. And at least one of its political parties still wants Ulster Unionism. Never mind choosing between UK or Ireland.

It's perhaps the 2 most comparable nations - regions. And there may perhaps be a case that a bit more of a 'multiculturalism' approach from all sides could have improved things. Arrived at better tension levels this long after. Especially when the goal for so many is, at this point, to revert back to the days of great, great grandparents, or further. Or just rip it all up & literally do away with any ideas contrary to their own.

It's definitely a question of how to do away with the pretty much totalitarian xenophobic mindsets. On both sides. Suggestions of multiculturalism just unlikely to have much impact. When the other side seem legit crazy.

I think in this interview he was talking about Germany and by inference Europe letting in to many migrants leading to erosion of customs and breakdown of civil society ie France having uprising almost on the weekly now.

multiculturalism is fine in moderation as long as migrants adopt the customs of the adoptive nation.

• Administrator

So Israel have bombed civilians on their evacuation route after telling them to leave the north. 

Despicable. 

And we won't hear a word from the likes of Biden or Sunak about it. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Patrick Kielty shared a very poignant message on the Late Late show, hopefully some peace can be found eventually for innocent civilians on both sides of the conflict.

Not really much different to any what any sane person has said for the past week or so really.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

So Israel have bombed civilians on their evacuation route after telling them to leave the north. 

Despicable. 

And we won't hear a word from the likes of Biden or Sunak about it. 

can't find anything on groundnews.com to authenticate this, which is probably why most of this hasn't been seen by most observers and likely filtered as Hamas fog of war.

40 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

this war is drawing parallels to 9-11.   2800 people died in an act of terrorism.  The US then was one United nation under God declared war and flattened Afghanistan.   Afghans then had about 10 years of aquited peace and prosperity, until the US left.

That's a very idiosyncratic interpretation of the truth, to put it mildly.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 2

inside Israel is another war brewing with the population against Netanyahu and his alliance.  in a moment of desperation he went to sleep with dogs and woke up with fleas.   

I am not sure what will last longer, Palastinians resolve or Netenyahus prime ministry, his entire legacy has been bombed to rubble.   

the bipartite leadership he seeks is based on concessions that will make him have to choose between giving up power, or giving into the Zionist front of euro/American fanatics.

the Saudi agreement while not unanimous it is still a majority that see it as a way forward to stability.  it comes with concessions for Israel and Palastine, which seems the best way forward.   I can't see Hamas accepting it though.