talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

5 things you would do if given 2.5 million

football forum

5 Things - 

1. Pay off all Debt
2. Put $100k in a college account for my little sister, and another 100k for my daughter. 
3. Buy a larger home for when we are ready to expand our family. 
4. Take the family on a nice vacation. 
5. Spend the rest on learning, some combo on Graduate School, language classes, piano classes, etc. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
  • Go to a school and learn to become a Luthier with the basics. Then spend time travelling and learning from the best around the world and setup a shop at home in India. This way i can satiate my travel bug, learning bug and the fact that I have always liked building guitars.
  • Put most of it in savings and give to family (I don't know what I'd really do with that much money anyways)
  • Donate to Cancer Foundations
  • Start an IT Consultancy Firm on the side to keep my CS Skills relevant and because I enjoy it so much
  • Buy a Martin D-42

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

100k is enough to cover emergencies and be comfortable. I'd rather my family grew up normal and average in terms of wealth and have a conception of having to earn things rather than any entitlement. I literally don't care about money or materials or cars or whatever, as long as I have enough not to worry about it I'm fine.

Fair enough mate. But you wouldn't like to be able to see the world? To climb mount Everest or do the Inca trail? To take a trip to antarctica or Africa and see some majestic beasts in their natural habitat? You could achieve those enriching experiences in your weeks off work whilst also otherwise living a normal life.

Alternatively, you really don't see a conceivable way to utilise the money on housing or education to improve the quality of life of those near and dear that would not have a corrupting effect on your souls? 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can't believe noone would do anything more stupid or irresponsible.... "I'd go to my local store and buy a bottle of water, then donate the rest to local church choir" 🤢🤢🤢

@Devil-Dick Willie Surely you would do something good with the money that we could laugh at?

Buy a crematorium. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Can't believe noone would do anything more stupid or irresponsible.... "I'd go to my local store and buy a bottle of water, then donate the rest to local church choir" 🤢🤢🤢

Deep down inside we're all a bunch of responsible adults.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Deep down inside we're all a bunch of responsible adults.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

@Devil-Dick Willie Surely you would do something good with the money that we could laugh at?

I think the 5 things are the initial things, then after that the crazy shit starts.

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Substantially more tbh. A pro would make me use a condom. A 19 year old 1st year nursing student won't. But that's half ya fun.

Skins is better then bareback, but always a risk lol.

Oh fannies.

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I love crashing the yogurt truck in the love tunnel. It's bit me on the ass once already though....

You ever get her to bite your balls, and when you can't take it you use tap out like UFC as a code.

Pay off anything my parents, brother, close family and friends owe. Buy myself a nice house, nothing daft and fancy. Good little car and then try and make a career out of my artistic skills. Somehow, or at least have fun figuring it out for a year before settling on flipping houses for a living. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Harry said:

Fair enough mate. But you wouldn't like to be able to see the world? To climb mount Everest or do the Inca trail? To take a trip to antarctica or Africa and see some majestic beasts in their natural habitat? You could achieve those enriching experiences in your weeks off work whilst also otherwise living a normal life.

Alternatively, you really don't see a conceivable way to utilise the money on housing or education to improve the quality of life of those near and dear that would not have a corrupting effect on your souls? 

Yeah well maybe I'd keep 500k but I'm not that much of an enthusiast for doing all those things. I'd choose a few I'm interested in and do those, don't mind if I have to save up as it's all part of the fun. Simple life for me.

Archived