talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho - Moves to Bayern Munich on Loan

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's the Spanish press leaking all the stories though? No credible journo close to LFC have reported any interest from us, quite the opposite in fact.

Indeed it is and when there's a player in the Netherlands for example, I look for the most reputable journalists in that country to acquire information on a possible signing.

Because it's coming from Spain doesn't mean it isn't real mate. The Liverpool interest is the lowest option (from the options available) on the Barça agenda where Coutinho is concerned. It is Philippe himself that has appealed to FCB to look for the move back to his old club as the primary option but obviously Liverpool's interest is limited as they don't see him as the main priority and would only execute such a move if it was in Liverpool's interest on various levels.

I only post the information mate, I'm not the one who manufactures it. I am simply Mercury (Hermes) and I'm thinking of changing my nick after all these year... I may put it up for a vote to be hopnest because I'm a person who believes in democracy. :ph34r:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

If this is true it wouldn't be a bad idea to take them up on it. You get 2 years out (only paying wages?) out of a decent player to help with your attacking options (let's face it, you can't just rely on the front 3 of last season + Origi/Shaqiri). No need to purchase for £88m when he'll be 29 and over-priced.

In that 2 years you can identify targets for whenever any attacking player decides to leave or find better options. 

Klopp has already said that Brewster will get plenty of minutes this season. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed it is and when there's a player in the Netherlands for example, I look for the most reputable journalists in that country to acquire information on a possible signing.

Because it's coming from Spain doesn't mean it isn't real mate. The Liverpool interest is the lowest option (from the options available) on the Barça agenda where Coutinho is concerned. It is Philippe himself that has appealed to FCB to look for the move back to his old club as the primary option but obviously Liverpool's interest is limited as they don't see him as the main priority and would only execute such a move if it was in Liverpool's interest on various levels.

I only post the information mate, I'm not the one who manufactures it. I am simply Mercury and I'm thinking of changing my nick after all these year... I may put it up for a vote to be hopnest because I'm a person who believes in democracy. :ph34r:

Our interest is pure speculation mate. Klopp was more than happy to see Coutinho leave, dont see why hed be happy to see him return? 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Our interest is pure speculation mate. Klopp was more than happy to see Coutinho leave, dont see why hed be happy to see him return? 

That was then, this is now mate. One can't assume that people become sentimental when executing professional decisions. Klopp will act in the best interests of the club where the confectioning of a deep and competitive squad is concerned. This is where us fans can suddenly disconnect from the practicalities of the mechanics at a club.

Remember one thing... The Liverpool option is the lowest on Barcelona's agenda where Coutinho's possible departure is concerned. It's just part of the news and I completely get why the Liverpool fans on this board have chosen to comment more on that story rather than the speculation surrounding the more likely destination which is PSG.

He may even end up staying, who knows.

The news I release where Spanish football is concerned comes always from the most serious journalists, not the rumour mongers that just put 1+1 together to get 10.

22 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That's not what's been reported from the Barcelona based press but it would be funny if that were to occur and doom even more this present tenure of presidency and board.

What's being reported is that Liverpool would pay the difference. In other words Barcelona would get the money paid back and everything would be on a status quo with nobody losing.

Anyhow... The most probable move for Coutinho (if it happens) seems to be PSG.

Not sure nobody loses, it's clearly been a terrible deal for Barcelona, like most of their transfers are nowadays.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure nobody loses, it's clearly been a terrible deal for Barcelona, like most of their transfers are nowadays.

Yeah, quite a number of Barça's transfers have been issued in turmoil by overpowering the technical directors. There have been some great ones done by this tenure though but there have also been some very odd ones that never looked like fitting in which Coutinho is one of them and I said it at the time when all the speculation was rife on Barcelona wanting to sign him from Liverpool. I just didn't see how Philippe would fit into how Barça play. I say the same thing now where Liverpool are concerned because since he moved to Barcelona Klopp's team plays a completely different brand of football and Coutinho doesn't seem to fit into that.

Liverpool shouldn´t do it. He is the David Luiz of forwards/midfielders. A talented footballer who simply doesn´t fit any particular position.

The problem is that he´s not very athletic. He´d be great in the 70s but not in today´s game with its physicality. Coutinho is a moment´s player. He may a score a great goal every 4 or 5 games, but overall he doesn´t contribute very much to his teams. It´s quite bizarre a team like Barcelona with all their resources didn´t see the obvious here.

At the midfield, he just doesn´t track back enough and he creates most plays to finish himself, the nickname Philippe Shootinho kinda describes the dilemma. Yes, he has a dangerous shoot from outside the great area, but statistically trying this kind of play is very inefficient. How many tries does he need for every goal? He basically give the other team possession for free a lot of the time.

On the wing, the lack of speed and athleticism is also his downfall. He simply is too frail and is easily dispossessed by defenders due to his lack of speed and strenght. 

Perhaps a top coach can see what I can´t see here, but I wouldn´t want  him on my team.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

You're making it read like Barça have gone cap in hand to Liverpool begging for the Merseyside club to broker some sort of deal.

Barça are the owning party and they pick-up the telephone with callers calling on the other side. This is Liverpool who have shown interest and fundamentally it's Philippe Coutinho who desperately wants to go back to Liverpool and has informed Barcelona of this.

Sorry if it came off that way and maybe the press have a better idea on what's going on here but Liverpool should stay well away from this on all fronts and close the  deal out either by Barca sending Coutinho to another club and getting the money to close everything or finding any other way to do it (doubt there is any other way). We could argue who initiated the interest and I can't see why Klopp or anyone at the club would want him back with the way things are transpiring on the youth and acquisition front. It makes no sense at all. 

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Sorry if it came off that way and maybe the press have a better idea on what's going on here but Liverpool should stay well away from this on all fronts and close the  deal out either by Barca sending Coutinho to another club and getting the money to close everything or finding any other way to do it (doubt there is any other way). We could argue who initiated the interest and I can't see why Klopp or anyone at the club would want him back with the way things are transpiring on the youth and acquisition front. It makes no sense at all. 

No need to apologise mate, this is debate. It's just that a lot of comments were starting to go in the direction of the owning club seemingly begging the player's ex-club to take him back. It would be stupid for them or any club to do that no jatter what the stature of the club in question.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

It could have been spin that we were delighted he'd left. It's a story we were all happy to believe because it softened the blow of his departure even more than the tidy pay cheque we received.

I haven't changed my stance. I'd rather him not come back but if he actually wants that then I do take that into consideration and say fair play Phil. Yeah he cheated on us with Barca but it seems he's realised the error of his ways and wants to get back together. 

Still not my preference and not a deal id sign off on but if it happened I'd make peace with it.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yes. I can't stand the fucker.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol are you kidding? He’s probably the most hated ex-red ever

Fair enough.

Sad though really considering his legacy at Liverpool. It kind of shows what humans are capable of and to be honest I find myself in that category.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Fair enough.

Sad though really considering his legacy at Liverpool. It kind of shows what humans are capable of and to be honest I find myself in that category.

He destroyed his own legacy with his own actions. It’s like he never played for us to me, I have no time for Michael Owen, if he’s on commentary or punditry the TV goes on mute while I find a different way to watch with sound that doesn’t involve him

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Fair enough.

His legacy was tarnished when he moved to Man Utd.

It got worse when he chose to go to Stoke. His head was clearly messed up. 

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

Career in tatters if he goes to PSG, will make a lot of money though 

He doesn’t have too many options considering his status and what that potentially offers Coutinho in terms of earnings. Agree or disagree with how good he may or may not be, his options if he wants to earn what his name offers him aren’t that many.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He doesn’t have too many options considering his status and what that potentially offers Coutinho in terms of earnings. Agree or disagree with how good he may or may not be, his options if he wants to earn what his name offers him aren’t that many.

He could stay where he is, earning an absolute fortune and theres nothing Barcelona can do about it. 

Honestly, its bloody lovely watching Barcelona scramble around looking like twats xD

Klopp puts a lot of emphasis on the team environment. He wants good blokes who are dedicated to the cause and want to be here, as well as being good footballers. Bringing Coutinho back completely undermines all of that

He wouldn't get in our team anyway. Completely agree with what @El Profesor said above and we have too many good players these days to shoehorn him in. He would, to be fair, be a good option off the bench, but the price wouldn't be right for that

• The topic was locked

Archived