talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Danny said:

The person who made the meme is a comedian

seIrDRv.gif

If I get it from another forum I'm not sure what you want me to do about that mate xD 

9 hours ago, Machado said:

So an old, white, racist institution was old, white and racist. Shocking.

With the power to grab audiences Oprah has, she'd do better in interviewing some volunteer working in Syria or Yemen. You know, turn people's attention to real world problems instead of caviar grievances.

It's not honest work but it's a lot

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

How did Piers become such a snowflake xD

He's an absolute bell but this will just add to the hysteria around Morgan and he loves it. Alex Beresford was spot on though, Morgan is like a school boy with a crush on a girl that doesn't want to know

He has brought America to UK TV and it is highly successful. You never get thousands sharing and talking about their BBC competitor having never watched the show that day.

He has thousands of haters who act like his marketing team. The saying there's no such thing as bad publicity is true in his case.

One of the most common things heard these days has to be "I don't like Piers Morgan but..." whenever someone agrees with something he has to say how common is it to hear them lead by letting you know they don't like him :4_joy: 

He'll probably get a Knighthood for his role in this saga :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

One of the most common things heard these days has to be "I don't like Piers Morgan but..." whenever someone agrees with something he has to say how common is it to hear them lead by letting you know they don't like him :4_joy: 

xD So true... 

I always start with "I'm not a massive fan of his but... " 

Aside from all the bullying and the racist stuff spouted during the interview, one thing did jump out at me. Harry just want's to live a life without the restrictions and the pressure of being a member of that family, deep down the root of all this is his mothers death and the treatment of her. 

That's my view anyway, I believe he dislikes his own family for what they've done to his mother and I don't blame him one bit!

Imagine being born into it, watching what you say, what you do. It's not a normal childhood, it's not a normal adulthood. Celebs may live a restrictive life but at least they can let off a bit of steam and live how they choose, these poor sods have to run by a strict code in every second of their day to day life. 

The very thought you'd fall in love with someone and then have to worry about the colour of her skin is so outdated it's borderline insanity, also to have a member of your family worry the colour of their soon to be relatives skin is disgusting. 

Meghan was the side show for me last night, we all wanted to hear Harry and his views, no one is arsed about Meghan really, the real gritty stuff came from a man who's life has been lived in a bubble which he is now free of. Meghan hasn't brainwashed him to the level some are making out, do people honestly believe a man who's had his whole life dictated to him is going then allow someone to control him enough to turn on is own family in a live TV interview. 

I'm glad he got out, I'm glad he's married who he want's and is living how he want's and I hope his daughter comes out darker skinned so he can stick two fingers up to the tw*t who commented on skin colour. 

• Subscriber

The interview has gone down well in the USA which you'd say is their target audience to be honest so I think they'll look at it as a success no matter how much pushback they get from the UK.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The interview has gone down well in the USA which you'd say is their target audience to be honest so I think they'll look at it as a success no matter how much pushback they get from the UK.

Time will tell, but if they get 'pushback' in the UK, surely it can't be a success from his personal perspective. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Time will tell, but if they get 'pushback' in the UK, surely it can't be a success from his personal perspective. 

This relies on the assumption that, because Harry is/was a member of our royal family, that the UK has to be the most important thing in his life. His wife is American, he lives in America, his kids will be brought up in America. If that was me, I'd be more worried about my popularity and approval ratings as a celebrity on that side of the pond than this one.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This relies on the assumption that, because Harry is/was a member of our royal family, that the UK has to be the most important thing in his life. His wife is American, he lives in America, his kids will be brought up in America. If that was me, I'd be more worried about my popularity and approval ratings as a celebrity on that side of the pond than this one.

He has lived there for maybe a year? The rest of his time he has been pretty much UK based, so yeah, I would assume it would be important for him, regardless of his new life taking pole position at the minute. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Moon Monkey said:

He has lived there for maybe a year? The rest of his time he has been pretty much UK based, so yeah, I would assume it would be important for him, regardless of his new life taking pole position at the minute. 

Of course the UK is still going to matter to him. I think they're a long way away from the point of being permanently estranged from the actual family but it is hard to see at this point how they could ever make a full return to public life in the UK. I think they're putting down enough roots over there that it's probably going to be there life now. Time will tell, maybe you'll be proved correct.

You can run but you can't hide :ph34r:

No matter where he lives there's still going to be press looking for that scoop, acquaintances spilling gossip, photographers snooping, books written. It sells. That will be there for the rest of his life to some degree. Varying by how much he puts himself in the limelight. Right now it is heightened to the max. What's the point in a public approval rating anywhere unless it's to be vi$ible? 

The timing of it all is pretty bad to be fair with Prince Philip still in hospital. 

Wonder what would happen if anything were to happen to him, the media scramble would be insane if Harry returned for a possible funeral. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil said:

The timing of it all is pretty bad to be fair with Prince Philip still in hospital. 

Wonder what would happen if anything were to happen to him, the media scramble would be insane if Harry returned for a possible funeral. 

Wasn't it filmed in Feb?

As for the funeral, he and Meghan can't win, can they?

If they turn up - all eyes on them when they just want to attend a funeral of a relative (as is their right and choice and they should be allowed that?)

If they don't turn up - they'll be criticised and hounded for not attending a funeral of a relative.

What are they meant to do?

6 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

He has brought America to UK TV and it is highly successful. You never get thousands sharing and talking about their BBC competitor having never watched the show that day.

He has thousands of haters who act like his marketing team. The saying there's no such thing as bad publicity is true in his case.

He'll probably get a Knighthood for his role in this saga :ph34r:

He's a cert to end up on that GB News or whatever it's going to be called

Archived