talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't click in to it :what:

It's at the top of the bloody page... never mind not coming in it, It's everywhere I go, Papers, phone news, articles etc,etc,etc... They should make them subscription only that will sort the problem out.. B|

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Now Oprah has said the racist comment wasn't the Queen or Philip, my money is now on Charles :ph34r: 

To be totally honest if it wasn't Charles you'd think they'd come out and say it given he's supposed to be his father.

Sign of the times this isn't it, it's almost like an episode of Geordie shore now but with the Royals. 

I half expect the Royals to start turning up on Dancing on Ice or I'm a Celeb because they've fallen on hard times or are trying to boost their social media numbers. 

• Subscriber

Also whoever made the comment about the tone of the baby's skin is probably going to turn out to be some 107 year old distant third cousin of the Queen Mother that none of us have ever heard of isn't it xD.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's at the top of the bloody page... never mind not coming in it, It's everywhere I go, Papers, phone news, articles etc,etc,etc... They should make them subscription only that will sort the problem out.. B|

Move on to the next page then xD

Or click on the next link or page. No one forcing you to read it here. 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

I've already seen claims saying she's made this up but given the inherent and institutional racism floating around in this country it doesn't surprise me... 

lmao these people are out of touch. markle  is like 95% white, there are people from spain and italy with darker complexions

55 minutes ago, Devil said:

To be totally honest if it wasn't Charles you'd think they'd come out and say it given he's supposed to be his father.

Either they won't say because of defamation and being sued or because it's one of the two future Kings :ph34r::ph34r:

Get it spread boys. We can compete with the tabloids and the morning tv shows.

I think it's fair to question why they'd do this interview after wanting privacy for ages, but I think it's also fair to say that they are allowed to address the many, many issues that the media have created for them. And considering the main issue with her is that she's black, what better way to do it than on Oprah, away from the British media who would have killed for an exclusive like this.

Oprah also made a fair point about living a private life vs living a life without invasion of privacy, and the latter is what they have received, you can still be in the public eye without your life being a given for people to invade. The money issue is a big one as well, the level of security Harry would need for himself and his family.

They'll be open to scrutiny though and rightly so, but this is really highlighting an inherent level of racism within the British media that has always existed, Harry and Meghan are properly slapping their proverbial dicks all over the media's faces with this. The responses from some of them have been embarrassing, you wonder how some of these people live their lives without singing GSTQ morning and before bed

1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

The same media whose sales are probably higher today than at any point in the year so far? Their website hits probably booming. 

Fair point, still though, they would eat the remains of a dead dog to get this story as an exclusive

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This is the new Brexit isn't it? Two immovable positions, both equally angry and even those who don't care about it being subjected to so much coverage that they end up angry too. :ph34r:

WhisperedAdorableCleanerwrasse-size_rest

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

The same media whose sales are probably higher today than at any point in the year so far? Their website hits probably booming. 

Are they really going to be bothered about that though? The newspapers have got exactly what they wanted out of this no doubt, that's their game when it comes to the Royal Family, stoking grievance towards the rich and powerful knowing they can't respond to defend themselves, until one of them cracks. I think if we're to take Harry and Meghan on face value, and I currently see no reason not to do so (more or less), then their aim was to get their own point across more than it was to stick it to the media.

Although I would point out that they won a couple of million settlement off the Mail or something a few weeks ago so they're still trying to get that bit done through other channels.

Most snap polling shows that, unsurprisingly, they haven't come off well in the UK so far. But a few people are pointing out that this wasn't really for us, it was for their US audience. The timing of Grandad's hospitalisation, while this is obviously not the primary concern on that front, won't have helped them in the UK as many of those getting stuck into them can wilfully ignore that it was filmed weeks ago and go with the line that they "went ahead with it while the Queen's husband is in hospital".

The best part is, it airs in the UK tonight so we get to do this all again tomorrow. I suppose it will he vaguely interesting to see whether the reaction is more or less positive if they watch the full interview instead of drawing their conclusions from the pre-release reviews. I'd imagine though that most people tuning into it tonight are likely to have made their minds up one way or the other in advance.

So an old, white, racist institution was old, white and racist. Shocking.

With the power to grab audiences Oprah has, she'd do better in interviewing some volunteer working in Syria or Yemen. You know, turn people's attention to real world problems instead of caviar grievances.

Archived