talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-31/almost-two-thirds-of-care-homes-have-had-no-staff-tested-data-suggests/

As long as we now that Ashley Barnes is okay to start playing Football in two weeks, fuck everyone else. 

Football will boost the nation's morale though and that will surely cure the remaining Covid 19 cases. 😂

This was raised today... 

Channel 4's Jane Deith asks why if England's Covid-19 alert level is still at four, indicating high levels of transmission in the community, the lockdown is being further eased on Monday.

"If the alert level has not changed, what has?" she asks.

Jenrick says the UK is still at level four but is in the process of "transitioning" to level three.

He goes on to repeat what he said a few moments ago, that the changes being introduced - including allowing outdoor markets to sell more goods and car showrooms to open - are "quite modest" and designed to help boost people's wellbeing as well as support businesses.

As you might have heard, many scientists, including some scientific advisers to the government, have expressed concern that the government is moving too quickly to ease the lockdown.

• Administrator

Seen quite a few reports of people getting notified that their tests have come back negative.

But, interestingly, these people haven't sent their tests back yet xDxD 

Here's a lovely picture of people by Cardiff Castle who were there to protest against the killing of George Floyd this afternoon. 

Screenshot_20200531_215455.thumb.jpg.4d4c9c083a2f11cc30cc3b6dce624715.jpg

For those unaware, we are still in lockdown in Wales (up to at least a 13th week when they are reviewed again on 18th June) and these sort of gatherings break lockdown rules. No doubt a good chunk of these are the same hypocrites who have been clapping for carers and the NHS while also ripping into Cummings. 

Amazingly, Walesonline didn't even mention once about how they're breaking lockdown rules, which shows how piss poor the media really are here. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/black-lives-matter-cardiff-floyd-18338910

I'm curious to know if the police stepped in at all though. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The US is so fucked with all of these protests. It’s understandable people are pissed off, but it’s not like the virus gives a shit about race relations in the US.

Yup. Even the Chileans figured it out. They were going to kick off again in March but because of the virus they decided to cool it. Protests there will more than likely kick off again once the pandemic is over.

So a lot of schools are open for the  kids to go back today then... A lot of councils have said they won't be opening and some others are and it's up to the parents what they decide to do.. Seems to be a lot of confusion going about as well with the rules... 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So a lot of schools are open for the  kids to go back today then... A lot of councils have said they won't be opening and some others are and it's up to the parents what they decide to do.. Seems to be a lot of confusion going about as well with the rules... 

Can't say it wasn't expected.

Headteachers, teachers, school staff, parents, guardians, probably even kids themselves have been complaining about this 1st June 're-opening' date since it was first announced. Unless I've missed it (with so much going on, it's likely!) I've not heard the government properly explain why they think it's safe. All the above have mentioned they don't think it's safe, even @RandoEFC gave a good account of reasons, and they themselves may not feel safe given their own vulnerabilities or perhaps risk to other household members.

It's good the councils have taken it upon themselves to make decisions. Same with parents who don't want to take their kids back. Decision should be up to them and I just hope they don't get punished for it.

Let's face it as well, this government's middle name might as well be confusion. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

2 deaths in Spain yesterday and just 90 cases in the whole country, which includes the Canaries, Balearics, Ceuta and Melilla.

That's a big improvement. Looks like it's almost dead there now, whether it comes back is to be seen though.

2 :o 

Wow that's mad. In a good way!

Only seems like yesterday it was in the 1000s on the regular. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

600-900 deaths a day for a period and then it was 4 the other day and 2 yesterday. They haven't confirmed today's though.

The drop in cases to 96 is a big one as well. Catalunya only had 10, after being one of the worst affected areas and Madrid 30 I think. Some regions like Valencia, Galicia and Pais Vasco are now reporting no cases at all.

Hopefully we can start seeing this before long here, but I get the impression that we are far from over as  we haven't been behaving here and the measures have been relaxed too quickly. Many people are just doing their normal thing now and have been for weeks if we are honest.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

25 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

600-900 deaths a day for a period and then it was 4 the other day and 2 yesterday. They haven't confirmed today's though.

The drop in cases to 96 is a big one as well. Catalunya only had 10, after being one of the worst affected areas and Madrid 30 I think. Some regions like Valencia, Galicia and Pais Vasco are now reporting no cases at all.

Hopefully we can start seeing this before long here, but I get the impression that we are far from over as  we haven't been behaving here and the measures have been relaxed too quickly. Many people are just doing their normal thing now and have been for weeks if we are honest.

I hope things get back to normal as well asap, but we're the same here and that's despite being in lockdown still, bar one or two minor parts. 

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Apparently there has been an increase in hospital admissions in Newcastle in the last week. Along with the increase already seen in London.

Of course an uptick is expected. Just have to see how big that is.

Let's hope they have not underestimated the potential for this going tits up easing people out of lockdown.. I see they have also included those most vulnerable ( Shielded ) so they can start going out in a limited capacity... All this while still at level 4 and no proper track and trace in place.. 

Edited by Bluewolf

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Todays total deaths............................

Zero!

Only 71 cases as well, so it's dropped significantly just in a week. I'm guessing we'll be showing similar stats soon ourselves as we were simply behind Spain by a few weeks, that's all. The problem is, our lockdown measures could mean we suffer for a longer period of time.

The biggest worry now seems to be for our brothers in the Americas as it is fucked there now. Peru getting it quite bad as well now unfortunately. Same with Chile in fact and obviously Brazil themselves.  @Inti Brian

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The biggest worry now seems to be for our brothers in the Americas as it is fucked there now. Peru getting it quite bad as well now unfortunately. Same with Chile in fact and obviously Brazil themselves.  @Inti Brian

I am obviously worried for my friends and family in Peru, but even when the people there are suffering it finds a way to piss me off. Cases exploding could have been avoided and we could have kept it low like Argentina and Colombia have managed if the people would just fucking stay at home. Not show up in packs of thousands to Gamarra to shop for clothes.

I have no faults to the government. They did everything on time and the needed measures to slow the spread. The people just have no discipline. With how densely populated Lima is, doesn't help matters.

8 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Todays total deaths............................

Zero!

Only 71 cases as well, so it's dropped significantly just in a week. I'm guessing we'll be showing similar stats soon ourselves as we were simply behind Spain by a few weeks, that's all. The problem is, our lockdown measures could mean we suffer for a longer period of time.

Are you working yet mate?? 

• Subscriber

Has anyone broke lockdown? Like secretly? I bet you have. I have... not bad. Just curious ha!

I’ve gone to a private snooker room a few time with one friend. That’s in a lockup storage style building in an industrial estate away from the world. I’m in there with the owner, his best customer and he’s only allowed himself and his best mate go. 

And every time it’s been thoroughly cleaned before and after we all go. I just feel naughty and want to tell someone xD.

And the person I’ve been with we have been more than safe. Distanced etc. Is that even that bad?! Judge meh. 

More chance of getting something when I’ve gone Asda when i go a few times a week. I tried online shopping once early into the lockdown and because everyone was using it.. after about 3 years I got a call saying we’ve substituted your eggs for a set of ladders. :ph34r: xD. No thanks. 

Other than that I’ve behaved. A lot of walks... avoided people and situations etc. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

5 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Has anyone broke lockdown? Like secretly? I bet you have. I have... not bad. Just curious ha!

I’ve gone to a private snooker room a few time with one friend. That’s in a lockup storage style building in an industrial estate away from the world. I’m in there with the owner, his best customer and he’s only allowed himself and his best mate go. 

And every time it’s been thoroughly cleaned before and after we all go. I just feel naughty and want to tell someone xD.

And the person I’ve been with we have been more than safe. Distanced etc. Is that even that bad?! Judge meh. 

More chance of getting something when I’ve gone Asda when i go a few times a week. I tried online shopping once early into the lockdown and because everyone was using it.. after about 3 years I got a call saying we’ve substituted your eggs for a set of ladders. :ph34r: xD. No thanks. 

Other than that I’ve behaved. A lot of walks... avoided people and situations etc. 

Tbh, I think everyone has in one way or another. 

My one is seeing my sister now and then in my local area while walking the dog when the restriction on meeting someone outside from a different household was only eased the other day. As she lives on her own (albeit with two cats) and has ridiculous OCD (she works from home and barely left the house, though that's being eased a little now. Hasn't done shopping physically though), she's had a couple of breakdowns over the phone to my mam (though she hasn't helped herself as mentioned before). 

Always kept distancing from her and everyone else though.