talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

UK's test and trace app has been scrapped/delayed by the government. So much for being world-beating... 

At least the UK's leader didn't come out and say something as stupid as "If we stopped testing, we'd stop seeing the number of cases go up" …as though they're only getting sick once they've been tested positive.

This virus has done a pretty good job of exposing which countries exactly are struggling massively with competence issues. Shame to see the US and UK on similar footing as the Islamic Republic of Iran though...

Lol let me explain. I’m completely fine!

My wife was very sick back in December. Her symptoms were very similar to the flu but she had trouble breathing and the fatigue was something she never experienced before. She had it roughly for two weeks. Since I already had my flu shot, along with our daughter, we didn’t really isolate ourselves from her. 

Few weeks ago, she wondered if that was actually the coronavirus. She took an antibody test and turns out it was. I didn’t show any symptoms and my 5 year old daughter didn’t either. 

Edited by Cicero

US President Donald Trump says he ordered authorities to slow down the rate of coronavirus testing because it was adding to the number of COVID-19 infections being recorded.

SMFH.🤨

A larger scale repeat of his refusal to accept the cruise ship early on because he "liked to keep the numbers low". Bury your fuckin head in the sand mate and see how things improve.

On 20/06/2020 at 03:53, Cicero said:

Lol let me explain. I’m completely fine!

My wife was very sick back in December. Her symptoms were very similar to the flu but she had trouble breathing and the fatigue was something she never experienced before. She had it roughly for two weeks. Since I already had my flu shot, along with our daughter, we didn’t really isolate ourselves from her. 

Few weeks ago, she wondered if that was actually the coronavirus. She took an antibody test and turns out it was. I didn’t show any symptoms and my 5 year old daughter didn’t either. 

You've been antibody tested yourself mate?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

US President Donald Trump says he ordered authorities to slow down the rate of coronavirus testing because it was adding to the number of COVID-19 infections being recorded.

SMFH.🤨

A larger scale repeat of his refusal to accept the cruise ship early on because he "liked to keep the numbers low". Bury your fuckin head in the sand mate and see how things improve.

He chats a lot of shite so the question is did they, whoever they are, do what he said he asked? Isn't testing responsibility at the state level?

59 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

He chats a lot of shite so the question is did they, whoever they are, do what he said he asked? Isn't testing responsibility at the state level?

Almost certainly not. It's the shite he chats. But it's possible it will be somewhat embraced by GOP governed states as an unofficial directive.

Mostly it's further insight to his low intellect and vanity. You can see him bristle everytime he gets asked about the increasing number of cases in the US and trots out the defence that "more tests means more cases found, but that's a good thing".... But of course the guy who suggested his experts explore bleach injection would have wanted tests to go away to make the numbers look better. 

On 19/06/2020 at 13:47, Mpache said:

I just learned that on the humanitarian plane back to Canada from Peru, there were 2 people with COVID-19. Scary shit.

On the flight you took back home? Holy shit! Fortunately, it's been well over the incubtion period... so you either didn't get it, or you had it but were totally asymptomatic.

On 20/06/2020 at 22:50, Harvsky said:

Testing responsibility is at the state level, but states (typically) would be receiving aid (testing kits, medical supplies, etc...) from the US government. I know some states have and other states have had to take the initiative and try to source these themselves without assistance from their government. I imagine most states that have been fairly independent throughout the whole crisis aren't going to listen to Trump's directive to reduce testing rates.

It's the states with the more Trumpian leadership that are the worry. Sadly for the South that includes states that include their economic powerhouses - Georgia and Florida. It's hard to imagine those governors not falling in line with Trump because recent history has shown they'll just fall in line.

The US national response has been such a farce, it's hard to imagine the situation not getting worse in the US as the year goes on.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

On the flight you took back home? Holy shit! Fortunately, it's been well over the incubtion period... so you either didn't get it, or you had it but were totally asymptomatic.

What's even more mad about this... apparently they were sitting in front of us :o 

I do wonder though if it meant we got lucky and didn't get it, or if we did and were asymptomatic. If this does create immunity by chance, then I prefer the latter. That would mean that my mother and brother would have gotten it though but didn't most likely.

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

What's even more mad about this... apparently they were sitting in front of us :o 

I do wonder though if it meant we got lucky and didn't get it, or if we did and were asymptomatic. If this does create immunity by chance, then I prefer the latter. That would mean that my mother and brother would have gotten it though but didn't most likely.

I mean the good thing about being behind someone on a plane is when they breathe out, it's mostly going forward not backward.

The counterpoint to that is when you're on a plane, you're trapped in a metal tube with air circling through the whole tube until you reach your destination - and I can't imagine that's good for the spread of COVID.

I think it's a good practice nowadays, even if you're healthy, to assume your household has it and that every other household out there has it. Wear a mask, socially distance the best you can, wash your hands - all of that shite. It's been harder for me to do as I've been asked to be a part of a "slow reopening" at work and I have to turn up to the office every once in a while... but until there's a vaccine there's really not much else we can do. Although right now I'm living somewhere where cases are rapidly going up by the day after we've reopened prematurely... so my take might not be applicable to everyone.

But I'm pretty sure my advice is good advice until there's a vaccine. Better safe than sorry.

• Subscriber

UK down to 15 deaths reported today I thought I saw before? That's a remarkable improvement now even if Mondays seem to be lower for some reason.

To be honest, the pandemic is finished over here. 33 days since the last positive test and school kids returned in full today. 1 or 2 from each of the classes I've had stayed away, theres hand washing stations at the entrance and we're in non uniform for hygiene reasons but otherwise things are pretty normal. We've kicked it out early enough for the Year 11 and Year 13 proms to be reinstated as well which is great for the kids.

Went out on the piss on Friday and Saturday. Had a full family gathering for Fathers Day then went back to my Mum and Dads to watch the derby. Pubs were only given the green light to reopen without social distancing from Thursday so a lot of them weren't open yet but most of them will be by this weekend. Going back to football training tomorrow night too.

What's mad is that it felt like it was lasting forever and the second its finished, it feels like it never happened. I'd even poke my head out and say that on the Isle of Man, as long as we don't fuck up the reopening of the borders in the coming months, it's been a very welcome anti-climax.

What's also noticeable about returning to work properly for about a week is how easy it suddenly is to stop getting arsed about the UK governments fuck ups and half truths when I'm actually engaged in having a life again. I'll leave the political commentary to the more qualified critics and analysts now I think and just be grateful that I live where I do and don't get impacted as much by it.

Some places getting a second wave now.... 

Authorities in South Korea have said the country is experiencing a second wave of the coronavirus in and around Seoul, and warned that stronger physical-distancing measures will be reimposed if the daily increase in infections does not come down.

Confirmation of the new wave came as the Israeli government said a lockdown could be reintroduced amid a sharp rise in cases, and a team of contact tracing experts prepared to deploy to the Australian state of Victoria to tackle a new outbreak in Melbourne.

The new outbreaks once again highlight the difficulties of fully eradicating the virus, even in countries considered role models in their initial response to the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/global-report-south-korea-has-covid-19-second-wave-as-israel-ponders-new-lockdown/ar-BB15QZl3?ocid=msedgntp