talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

I bet I've had covid and they have been telling me I'm going mad due to how I reacted. I haven't had a dry cough, which made me rule it out. The NHS site wasn't detailed enough, but after looking on a Spanish site at the more detailed symptoms followed by a site from the USA, it could have been/be that. That explains the chest pains, nausea(on and off), confusion, headaches, lack of appetite, aches and pains everywhere, chills, etc, that I've had.

I've felt changes to my body, not known what it is, had panic attacks and then they tell you that you've developed a panic disorder and need to go on pils. I didn't even see the doctor in person(only when at hospital) and he prescribed me pils for anxiety, which I haven't taken, although contracting a virus and being ran down at the same time would be enough to set off panic. It's a blessing I never saw him in person though to be honest.

Pains everywhere, sinuses sometimes stinging(more recent), headaches, fatigue, confusion, hot and cold sweats, etc. I may have had panic attacks but they were brought on because of physical changes and not knowing what was going on.

I don't know how to get a test though? There are test centres around here but you can only drive through them and I don't have a car.

I thought about this last night. I did some research and it makes sense. 

It's funny that I've been ill for weeks and then started feeling better in the last 3 or so days, although still a bit shitty. Likewise in how smoking made me feel worse and feel like shit for 3 hours. I've probably had moderate symptoms which turn worse when smoking and then you panic due to not knowing what's going on and it feels even worse.

Since I had no dry cough, I automatically ruled it out, although it will affect everyone differently. 

I do get wound up easily at times, so if I did become infected by a virus, becoming anxious, which could lead to a panic attack, would make sense.

Luckily I've not really been in contact with anyone and when out walking I've not been within 5 meters of people, but then I have been to the supermarket, hospital, the chemist and a few shops. Always with face coverings though and I've not been coughing or touching anything without buying. So if I have had it/got it, there's a small chance I'd have spread it I'd say.

I had a general feeling of being unwell for like 12 days with different symptoms.on and off. I just thought I'd developed a disorder, although they do say Covid can cause confusion.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Also would it still come up as negative on a test for this long?

Get an antibody test, it's specifically designed to test your blood for antibodies which show if you had the virus in the recent past (a few months), whereas the PCR test checks if you're currently infected. Pretty sure you'll have to get it in a private clinic and pay for it though... 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Nearly 2m people vaccinated so far according to Hancock. I think that only amounts to those who have received the first jab. As of 3rd Jan, approx. 21k have received the 2nd dose.

Should start receiving daily figures from tomorrow and I expect by end of January the figure should be very high, especially if these huge vaccination hubs dotted around the UK are successful...

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Nearly 2m people vaccinated so far according to Hancock. I think that only amounts to those who have received the first jab. As of 3rd Jan, approx. 21k have received the 2nd dose.

Should start receiving daily figures from tomorrow and I expect by end of January the figure should be very high, especially if these huge vaccination hubs dotted around the UK are successful...

Let's hope all this is true, it seems pretty dire at the moment but you would like to think there's been some positive news over the last couple of weeks. I just find it very difficult to believe a lot of the crap the government come out with due to previous lies.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Figures may be low even in a few months because it'll come down to how many people will have the vaccine.

Yeah noticed the government have changed the wording about 2m being 'offered' the vaccine as opposed to uptake of it. 

• Upvote 1

On 06/01/2021 at 19:53, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

If kids are failed by anything, if they've lost something substantial, it's down to a lack of creative thinking in the education sector hierarchy and education policy. There's so many creative solutions to negate the situation that can be considered. More than just open the schools, close the schools, wear a mask, cancel exams. 

First time around the lack of creativity could be forgiven. This time? Don't think so. You've had months to prepare. Months of bad decisions like full class sizes.

This. Can’t believe we’re so badly prepared even though we have the INTERNET. A world of different apps, websites, ways of teaching virtually, and it’s come down to the BBC to try and provide the most forward thinking education.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

This. Can’t believe we’re so badly prepared even though we have the INTERNET. A world of different apps, websites, ways of teaching virtually, and it’s come down to the BBC to try and provide the most forward thinking education.

Most schools have made very effective use of the internet. It's not as simple as you make it sound, teaching is a face to face occupation. Even if relaying information should be straightforward with the technology available, everyone has different follow up questions, misconceptions and interpretations of something they're told. At this point the problems start and the gap starts to grow. Affluent households with 1-2 kids who have a laptop or tablet each and big enough bedrooms for a desk and reasonable workspace each should be just fine. But in some households you have 3-4 kids who are supposed to be in different Zoom classes all at once where they're relying on one parent's mobile phone to access the stuff online. 1 in 8 UK households don't even have internet access. 

The methods and the technologies are there and they work well if you get the uptake from the students and their families. It's easy to take it for granted if you're lucky enough to have a phone, an iPad, a laptop and a PS4 all hooked up to your WiFi but a minority of households are living a totally different life, usually the ones with kids who already come from more difficult backgrounds (on average). There's only so much that educators can do. It's down to the government at this point to provide the infrastructure we need by getting internet access and devices to those households.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Most schools have made very effective use of the internet. It's not as simple as you make it sound, teaching is a face to face occupation. Even if relaying information should be straightforward with the technology available, everyone has different follow up questions, misconceptions and interpretations of something they're told. At this point the problems start and the gap starts to grow. Affluent households with 1-2 kids who have a laptop or tablet each and big enough bedrooms for a desk and reasonable workspace each should be just fine. But in some households you have 3-4 kids who are supposed to be in different Zoom classes all at once where they're relying on one parent's mobile phone to access the stuff online. 1 in 8 UK households don't even have internet access. 

The methods and the technologies are there and they work well if you get the uptake from the students and their families. It's easy to take it for granted if you're lucky enough to have a phone, an iPad, a laptop and a PS4 all hooked up to your WiFi but a minority of households are living a totally different life, usually the ones with kids who already come from more difficult backgrounds (on average). There's only so much that educators can do. It's down to the government at this point to provide the infrastructure we need by getting internet access and devices to those households.

I’m not blaming the schools and definitely not suggesting it’s easy to teach under the current circumstances, as someone who left school with one GCSE I know the difference personalised learning can make to a student, especially when they don’t really receive it.

But in this day and age I’m surprised more use hasn’t been made of the internet, Corbyn’s internet in every household was a great idea imo. I think there has been a lack of effort by the government to really deeply explore how education standards could be improved by its use

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’m not blaming the schools and definitely not suggesting it’s easy to teach under the current circumstances, as someone who left school with one GCSE I know the difference personalised learning can make to a student, especially when they don’t really receive it.

But in this day and age I’m surprised more use hasn’t been made of the internet, Corbyn’s internet in every household was a great idea imo. I think there has been a lack of effort by the government to really deeply explore how education standards could be improved by its use

Oh definitely. The government's plan was to not have a plan or even think about a contingency because they just pigheadedly convinced themselves that the pandemic was over in the summer. They're supposed to be ramping up (TM) the distribution of a million devices to households across the country but there's several stories floating about from headteachers not even getting half of what they need so god knows what's happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2021/jan/10/one-in-five-have-had-coronavirus-in-england-new-modelling-says

Suggest that as many as 50% of people in some Lo din boroughs have had it, and around 40% in cities like Liverpool and Manchester. My girlfriend hasn’t had a sense of smell since September so pretty sure it’ll be the virus and I’d have had it too. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger

From BBC.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has warned of another 8-10 weeks of "tough measures" to defeat Covid-19, according to Bild newspaper. It says she's told officials that if the British variant of Covid-19 isn't kept at bay, there'll be a 10-fold increase in German cases by Easter. Germany has reported another 891 deaths in the past 24 hours - and another 12,800 cases.

Portugal’s outgoing President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has tested positive for Covid-19 and cancelled all his engagements. The 72-year-old is described as asymptomatic and he’s having a second test to confirm last night’s result. Portugal has presidential elections on 24 January and the other candidates have taken part in recent TV debates with Mr de Sousa.

A day after Johns Hopkins University figures indicated Ireland had the world's highest number of confirmed new Covid-19 cases per million people, public broadcaster RTÉ says 13 hospitals have been listed as having no intensive care beds free. But new cases fell last night to 4,929 and Prof Philip Nolan of Ireland's virus modelling group says there are signs the country is "beginning to turn a corner".

The EU's medicines regulator says it could decide whether to authorise the AstraZeneca/Oxford University vaccine on 29 January. The EU is trying to ramp up vaccinations after a slow start. Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades said earlier this week he had asked Israel to help supply vaccines.

Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis reportedly wants the EU to back a pan-European vaccination certificate to enable free movement for those who’ve had the jab. Politico has seen his letter to European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.

I just have no words for it. Thousands of brazilian are losing their Lives because of our irresponsible and criminal president.

In Manaus, patients are dying suffocated due to a lack of oxygen in the city hospitals. 

It's devastating. 

So far, a grand total of 0 people have been vaccinated in Brazil. :(

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I just have no words for it. Thousands of brazilian are losing their Lives because of our irresponsible and criminal president.

In Manaus, patients are dying suffocated due to a lack of oxygen in the city hospitals. 

It's devastating. 

So far, a grand total of 0 people have been vaccinated in Brazil. :(

A wake up call for Peru as well, who are in the transition between the first and second wave. Thankfully we finally agreed to a vaccine deal though. Not like Bolsonaro who thinks it will turn people into alligators.

The situation with vaccines really throws into focus to the disgraceful state of the world we live in, many poorer countries will be left with insufficient or even no access to the best vaccines simply because of money. You now even have the 'super rich' of Britain jetting off to the UAE to get their jabs, surely now people will realise what this world is and that we need revolutionary change. People are literally being told their life is worth less.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber

Interesting polling. I don't think many people would have had the UK as one of the most pro-vaccine countries, but that goes to show how imbalanced we are in giving an almost equal platform to anti-science nutjobs in this country to actual scientists. Sometimes you can believe that represents the population when it just doesn't. I also think our number is boosted by the fact that we're further into our vaccine program without any major horror stories yet. The government deserve some rare credit here I think, along with the science community, the messaging around the vaccine program has been pretty good.

I wouldn't have put Germany ahead of the US in a league table of vaccine scepticism.

40 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I wouldn't have put Germany ahead of the US in a league table of vaccine scepticism.

More surprised that vaccine skepticism in France is higher than in Germany to be honest. Expected it to be the highest in Germany since anti-vaxxers have a longstanding tradition here and even somewhat of a lobby, with a certain part of inhabitants very skeptical towards what they call school-medicine, which is a derogative expression for the scientific verifiable medicine.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

More surprised that vaccine skepticism in France is higher than in Germany to be honest. Expected it to be the highest in Germany since anti-vaxxers have a longstanding tradition here and even somewhat of a lobby, with a certain part of inhabitants very skeptical towards what they call school-medicine, which is a derogative expression for the scientific verifiable medicine.

I'm not that surprised by France actually. It's more a case of expecting the US to be higher up given the madness of the last few years and the growing QAnon phenomenon.