talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

On 15/12/2021 at 01:23, 6666 said:

Covid passes to be a thing now at large events in England. Don't actually know how to feel about this. If they extend this to public transport then that will be one massive headache.

We've had Covid passes in Wales for two months. It's done absolutely nothing other than for our lot to say the usual 'We've done this to keep people safe' bollocks.

22 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It’s inoperable. At football matches nobody checks at all.

They have checked but mainly it's more a quick glance than anything else.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

So once again anyone who works in events, entertainment, hospitality etc are going to get fucked over by the Govt's inability to avoid people pleasing

I dread what ours have planned tomorrow. While a rumour going around is apparently false, I wouldn't put it passed our lot to implement some form of those restrictions.

In England, the latest data shows 236,000 pupils were out of school for Covid-related reasons on Thursday 9 December.

This is an increase of 13% on the last time the snapshot survey of school attendance was taken, two weeks earlier.

Those numbers are so skewed. More likely the child has a cold vs Covid considering the weather. 

If a child merely coughs or sneezes on occasion, school administrators report it to the nurse who then informs the parents they need to take a COVID test. My daughter has had to take the test twice and miss a total of 6 days of school. Both tests negative. But I suppose my child belongs on the data of children out for COVID related reasons, fearmongering even more. 

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Those numbers are so skewed. More likely the child has a cold vs Covid considering the weather. 

If a child merely coughs or sneezes on occasion, school administrators report it to the nurse who then informs the parents they need to take a COVID test. My daughter has had to take the test twice and miss a total of 6 days of school. Both tests negative. But I suppose my child belongs on the data of children out for COVID related reasons, fearmongering even more. 

Children don’t vote and don’t pay tax, therefore they aren’t cared about.

New BBC story, the main and pervading symptom of omicron…is a…runny nose. 

• Subscriber

Yes let's keep getting ourselves wound up about school closures that haven't happened and are incredibly unlikely to happen just because of one story that schools are choosing to be prepared just in case (because that's a very bad thing).

And yes let's keep focusing on the symptoms of this. Sure, Covid is quite similar to a cold or flu in terms of physical symptoms. But that's not the point is it. If 1,000,000+ people got sick at once with the cold or the flu, that would cause us problems, it would cause the NHS problems. Cold and flu rates don't run that high though because they aren't infectious enough to spread that fast. Covid 19 is. This is why Covid is a bigger problem.

Anyone choosing not to understand this psychologically refuses to accept a rational analysis of the situation. I get it, it's been a long pandemic. Similar symptoms, higher transmission = very different kettle of fish.

Please stop arguing with fresh air about the severity of the illness. Nobody is claiming at this point that its the most ruthless virus to walk the planet even if some of the most hysterical people might act that way. The issue is that it spreads like nobody's business, and too many people getting sick at once, even if a minority need serious treatment, asks too much of a stretched health system. Honestly, how many times does this need explaining?

And before I get accused of wanting schools to close or wanting to be in lockdown forever, I don't. Schools are the last thing that should close down in a functioning society during these times and I really don't think it'll happen again. But the worst thing we can do in this pandemic is start looking for extra things to get angry about which either haven't happened or are things we've known since day one.

Schools are closing down, the plans are in place. Kids having to isolate because of a runny nose, educations ruined. It’s every adult’s responsibility to ensure that children get the best of the world. We’re showing an absolute disregard for them and have right from the outset.

There has never been anything like it in history where the youngest sacrifice their futures (and please be realistic on this, the outcome of this is not yet known but it’s going to lead to all sorts of negative effects) for the old. All proportion has been lost, the media are gripped by this vicarious thrill seeking. It’s a result of the West’s inability to accept that we are ultimately at nature’s pleasure on this planet and we cannot control everything. The idea we can manipulate human behaviour to outwit a virus is the height of human hubris.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Schools are closing down, the plans are in place. Kids having to isolate because of a runny nose, educations ruined. It’s every adult’s responsibility to ensure that children get the best of the world. We’re showing an absolute disregard for them and have right from the outset.

There has never been anything like it in history where the youngest sacrifice their futures (and please be realistic on this, the outcome of this is not yet known but it’s going to lead to all sorts of negative effects) for the old. All proportion has been lost, the media are gripped by this vicarious thrill seeking. It’s a result of the West’s inability to accept that we are ultimately at nature’s pleasure on this planet and we cannot control everything. The idea we can manipulate human behaviour to outwit a virus is the height of human hubris.

This just isn't true though is it? You're putting it this way to make it sound worse than it is and possibly winding yourself up more by doing so, and that's my problem with these posts. They're not isolating because of a runny nose, they're isolating because continuing to mix in classrooms of 20-30 other kids allows them to pass the virus on to another 10 kids who will take it home to their parents and then on it goes to their workplaces. Hopefully less so with increasing vaccination rates but still.

I get that schools closing down should be unpalatable and only deployed as a last resort but I'll get cross about it if and when that happens. I agree with the majority of what you're saying but asking them to take two weeks off when they have a highly transmissible virus isn't an unreasonable sacrifice. The technology available to schools to allow them to keep up with the work even during that two week period is pretty good now as well.

As for the long term consequences, I totally agree and you can see the start of it now, I think I posted about it at length a few pages back. Schools are pretty much always at war with circumstances beyond our control, deteriorating standards of mental health, ill-equipped parents, funding cuts, distracting smart phones, unnecessary curriculum reforms, etc. Covid is the latest one and it's by far the worst yet, we will fight on day to day and drag the kids back up to scratch eventually (from an academic perspective at least, the social and personal development costs are a whole other kettle of fish) but governments will have to face up to the fact at some point that they're going to have to pour a fuck tonne of money into supporting this generation if they want these problems solved. In the UK I'm not holding my breath because they already turned their nose up at the findings of the education 'tsar' that they employed to review what needed to be done to get kids caught up. Even he, a supposed 'friendly' appointment made by the government fed a number back to them that they really didn't want to hear so they ignored him and he went on to resign. I dread to think what the real number is to make up for some of this lost time.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

This just isn't true though is it? You're putting it this way to make it sound worse than it is and possibly winding yourself up more by doing so, and that's my problem with these posts. They're not isolating because of a runny nose, they're isolating because continuing to mix in classrooms of 20-30 other kids allows them to pass the virus on to another 10 kids who will take it home to their parents and then on it goes to their workplaces. Hopefully less so with increasing vaccination rates but still.

I get that schools closing down should be unpalatable and only deployed as a last resort but I'll get cross about it if and when that happens. I agree with the majority of what you're saying but asking them to take two weeks off when they have a highly transmissible virus isn't an unreasonable sacrifice. The technology available to schools to allow them to keep up with the work even during that two week period is pretty good now as well.

As for the long term consequences, I totally agree and you can see the start of it now, I think I posted about it at length a few pages back. Schools are pretty much always at war with circumstances beyond our control, deteriorating standards of mental health, ill-equipped parents, funding cuts, distracting smart phones, unnecessary curriculum reforms, etc. Covid is the latest one and it's by far the worst yet, we will fight on day to day and drag the kids back up to scratch eventually (from an academic perspective at least, the social and personal development costs are a whole other kettle of fish) but governments will have to face up to the fact at some point that they're going to have to pour a fuck tonne of money into supporting this generation if they want these problems solved. In the UK I'm not holding my breath because they already turned their nose up at the findings of the education 'tsar' that they employed to review what needed to be done to get kids caught up. Even he, a supposed 'friendly' appointment made by the government fed a number back to them that they really didn't want to hear so they ignored him and he went on to resign. I dread to think what the real number is to make up for some of this lost time.

You are right, I don’t mean to sound as I do sometimes. I’m certainly not on the side of anti-vaxxers or the piers corbyn types.

Anyway, I think I’m best off keeping a distance from it all. Fingers crossed new year brings something better.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Waylander said:

This is rather alarming, alleged inventor and M.D of the vaccine speaks out on it:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/KxW1zjIitK8B/

BitChute is an alt-tech video hosting service launched by Ray Vahey in January 2017.[1] It is known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hate speech.

😬

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

So long as there are anti-vaxxers, this will forever be an issue. Will it not?

Well technically it's very normal of viruses to go on forever in the background but yes our own activities determine the spread. AIDS and Covid are alike in the way you can contain the spread by choosing less risky behaviours i.e condoms, vaccines but the former is still at large even after decades, covid will probably be the same bcz people don't like being told what to do. 

Best hope is nature itself dilutes the virus to less serious form. 

• Upvote 1

On 17/12/2021 at 11:13, Khan of TF365 said:

Well technically it's very normal of viruses to go on forever in the background but yes our own activities determine the spread. AIDS and Covid are alike in the way you can contain the spread by choosing less risky behaviours i.e condoms, vaccines but the former is still at large even after decades, covid will probably be the same bcz people don't like being told what to do. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Interesting...

I dont know about all the cases but I know aguero and another player that had a heart problem had covid. I dont bother when I hear an anti vax argument anymore. I've seen them all torn apart so know any new ones will. Its like I've said when you put a bunch of people that dont know anything about science against a load of scientists there is only one winner.

The problem for me is vaccine scientists work for private companies with shareholders and can only do tests they are told to do.

The vaccines are the first genetic vaccines ever, and the first according to the BBC news reports was giving people side effects like Bell's Pausy. I think they were spoken to stop that type of reporting and  after a few days there were no further reports of adverse effects.

Yet you have to ask why so many in the health industry changed jobs or got sacked rather than get vaccinated, what had they seen?

We have read Matt Le Tissier come out and say he has never seen so many suffer cardiac symptoms in such a short time during his 17 year career.

You may recall Thalidomide damaged children in the UK, a US medical doctor intervened in the US to stop it being used as she was concerned about some of its properties and was roundly attacked for this stance. She stuck to her guns and the US never got children with the deformities from this drug we saw in the UK.

On 17/12/2021 at 06:13, Khan of TF365 said:

Best hope is nature itself dilutes the virus to less serious form. 

Any pics?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Waylander said:

The problem for me is vaccine scientists work for private companies with shareholders and can only do tests they are told to do.

The vaccines are the first genetic vaccines ever, and the first according to the BBC news reports was giving people side effects like Bell's Pausy. I think they were spoken to stop that type of reporting and  after a few days there were no further reports of adverse effects.

Yet you have to ask why so many in the health industry changed jobs or got sacked rather than get vaccinated, what had they seen?

We have read Matt Le Tissier come out and say he has never seen so many suffer cardiac symptoms in such a short time during his 17 year career.

You may recall Thalidomide damaged children in the UK, a US medical doctor intervened in the US to stop it being used as she was concerned about some of its properties and was roundly attacked for this stance. She stuck to her guns and the US never got children with the deformities from this drug we saw in the UK.

Vaccine scientists are also specifically that because that is their profession. They are highly skilled and research/experiment in that area. The threshold for vaccine approvals is also ridiculously high. It's not like they just concoct a cocktail of chemicals and swing it through wishing for the best. The fact they work for private companies shouldn't be enough to put anyone off getting a vaccine. In fact it's a pretty weak excuse.

Don't recall the Bell's Pausy thing. Maybe it wasn't that big a thing to be affected by on a grand scale hence it's also not a wholesale reason to not get the vaccine.

That's just conjecture to think professionals in the health industry 'had seen' something. I think it was just the terms of being vaccinated in healthcare so that they could continue to look after those that are suffering, with COVID or not because they work in that environment. You'd rather have staff at your disposal that won't suffer serious illness (or at least less likely to) from a deadly virus, wouldn't you? 

Matt Le Tissier is a beacon of reason now, is he? What expertise does he have over any of us, or any other Karen off Facebook? I'd rather believe and trust a vaccine scientist who has potentially worked for several years on how to prevent death and severe illness, as opposed to a footballer who's been knocked about and roughed up for several years. The only thing I'd ask Le Tissier for advice on is how to take penalties. Other than that, he can pretty much fuck off when it comes to vaccines or virology. 

• Upvote 2