talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Just now, Tommy said:

It's winter, so it's usually pretty dark around this time of the year. But yea, I agree, it's annoying. I much prefer summer. 

Can we have a serious conversation for once? are you not worried about what's happening in your county? do you not think there will be riots? 

• Subscriber

I don't think compulsory vaccination is the solution in the scenario we find ourselves in. At the same time, the hysterical 'muh fweedom' brigade or however you want to describe them need to stop acting as if it's unprecedented. There are already vaccinations for other illnesses that are compulsory for younger children, whether or not that's properly enforced, and certain countries require you to have had certain jabs or booster jabs before entering their territory for decades.

• Upvote 1

Compulsory vaccination is nonsensical whilst the majority of the globe remains unvaccinated, including people far more likely to be seriously ill than the majority of the West. The conduct of the West has been utterly shameful, from the anti vaxxers to the lockdown lovers. It’s hard to find anyone reasonable anymore, people love being able to finger wag. It is only the Western nations that have lost their heads over this, probably because other countries face bigger issues on a daily basis.

Let’s hope the latest reports are true and it’s even milder than delta. If true that should mean we’re coming to the end, rather than starting again.  

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1

I don't understand why people are still so against the vaccinations. At first you could rationalise it with people just being unsure over a new vaccine and its side effects but we're past that point now aren't we? Even if you don't think it'll make a difference, it's far more convenient to just get it done and out of the way.

Maybe there's someone that could explain the rationality behind being against the vaccine... :eek:

• Upvote 2

The anti-vaxx mob are a small, stupid and irrelevant fringe. The idea that they are somehow to blame for the disease spreading is absolutely absurd. 

The people who want people to grass their fellow citizens for not wearing a mask or having a party are every bit a threat to our future as anti vaxxers.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

Well, covid has been going around my daughters school and I've just tested positive again so even natural immunity only lasts so long, I had it right at the start. some of you will be hoping that I die :4_joy: see how i get on this time. stuck home for 2 weeks I think the isolation period? :35_thinking:

Edited by Happy Blue

11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well, covid has been going around my daughters school and I've just tested positive again so even natural immunity only lasts so long, I had it right at the start. some of you will be hoping that I die :4_joy: see how i get on this time. stuck home for 2 weeks I think the isolation period? :35_thinking:

This is tongue in cheek right? 

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Incase you haven't noticed, i'm not very popular :4_joy:

There's a big difference between thinking someone talks a lot of shite and wishing they were dead. 

Get well soon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Seriously? If so get well soon and try not to spend too much of those two weeks going down conspiracy theory rabbit holes.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Get well soon!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Seriously? If so get well soon and try not to spend too much of those two weeks going down conspiracy theory rabbit holes.

That may be difficult now i've got more time on my hands but i will try :4_joy:  ..at least i've found out natural immunity only last so long too 

59 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Mate c'mon, nobody would hope that. At all.

Badly maimed by Wolves...? Maybe, sure. But definitely no harm to befall you from covid.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That may be difficult now i've got more time on my hands but i will try :4_joy:  ..at least i've found out natural immunity only last so long too 

Recent studies suggest that natural immunity appears to last 16 months on average (although it varies significantly from person to person), so that makes sense. Especially considering that protection from other coronaviruses (the ones that cause common colds) is also not long-lasting.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Recent studies suggest that natural immunity appears to last 16 months on average (although it varies significantly from person to person), so that makes sense. Especially considering that protection from other coronaviruses (the ones that cause common colds) is also not long-lasting.

This things never going away is it? nothing seems to work right now  ..i'm going to try fight it off with 20hr a day fasting and zero sugar/carbs, try starve it off

researchers found that the spike protein in corona virus needs a particular sugar to bind to our cells efficiently.

Now the same group of researchers have completed a new study that further digs into the cell receptors to which sugars and thus bacteria and virus bind.

'We have established how the sugars bind to and activate the so-called Siglec receptors that regulate immunity. These receptors play a major role, as they tell the immune system to decrease or increase activities. This is an important mechanism in connection with autoimmune diseases', says the first author of the study, Postdoc Christian Büll from the Copenhagen Center for Glycomics (CCG) at the University of Copenhagen.

Edited by Happy Blue

• Subscriber

I think we've all let ourselves believe to some extent that the vaccine was going to stop this thing in its tracks more than it has.

Right now we're dealing with a perfect storm of winter, a new mutation, the "first wave" infectees hitting the end of their natural immunity window and the same for the first wave of the vaccinated.

We will get there though, it will fluctuate for a long time probably but science and medicine will continue to innovate and eventually quash this pandemic as far as we can reasonably expect.

• Upvote 1

Well with over 30 mutations I personally think some dark forces are now trying to cash-in on this and I have further heard this virus is only mild.

Bill Gates is pushing an idea for a smallpox vaccine and yes biolabs still have reserves of small pox.

Now if Gates wanted to make a difference he might have gone into getting fresh water into places like Africa, instead he has opted to go into a business where they can make further money from patents. Guaranteed income as tax payers cough up and you can always threaten scientists with blacklisting if they don't do what you say. 

I have a child that is not vaccinated and ran rings around other kids at school, she won nearly every event and was in every team. She made head prefect of her school and selected as a future national leader though decided to step away from that.

Now in her 20s she is working. 

She is not vaccinated and will only agree to do so if it detrimentally affects her livelihood.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1