talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Leicester laughing their way to the bank. I could be wrong as i tend to have a shit prediction, but time will show.

I'm not sure how anyone can blame Leicester or think this is bad for them though? 

Let's say Maguire becomes truely world class...then his value will unlikely to surpass 100m, so even if that's the case, Leicester aren't losing much. 

I still can't believe this fee, as I would have guessed that his worth was about half of this. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm not sure how anyone can blame Leicester or think this is bad for them though? 

Let's say Maguire becomes truely world class...then his value will unlikely to surpass 100m, so even if that's the case, Leicester aren't losing much. 

I still can't believe this fee, as I would have guessed that his worth was about half of this. 

Why would you blame them? Record breaking fee, they perhaps won't easily replace them but with 80 mill they have a lot of money to spend and try.

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Why would you blame them? Record breaking fee, they perhaps won't easily replace them but with 80 mill they have a lot of money to spend and try.

Sorry - didn't mean anybody would blame them, but just stating that this transfer has a 0% chance of being one that Leicester looks back on and regrets. Meanwhile, Manchester United could really be regretting this if it doesn't pan out. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Eco said:

No matter how much his value increases by, we've done our bit for our bank balance - signed for £17m, sold for £85m. No one can realistically argue at that no matter how much they may want to.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I’d laugh my arse off if Leicester buy Alderweireld on deadline day for 25 mill

That'd be fucking insane but is never happening in a million years xD. It'd be a step up for the player but that release clause is null and void now. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

No matter how much his value increases by, we've done our bit for our bank balance - signed for £17m, sold for £85m. No one can realistically argue at that no matter how much they may want to.

My point exactly. Best piece of business during this transfer market 

It was actually the game away to Everton that had Liverpool drop down from 1st to 2nd but no doubt Luckhurst will believe it was a fucking game in January that decided Liverpool’s fate to ease the pain United spent an insane amount for a defender not even worth half of it. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Cicero said:

It was actually the game away to Everton that had Liverpool drop down from 1st to 2nd but no doubt Luckhurst will believe it was a fucking game in January that decided Liverpool’s fate to ease the pain United spent an insane amount for a defender not even worth half of it. 

Don't let Liverpool fans hear you say that now.

I think Woodward should have been sacked years ago, and probably around the time they sacked Mourinho would have been a smart time to finally cut ties with him... but if United don't finish in the top 4 this season, surely he should be sacked? Granted, I'm not sure I want him to be sacked. His lack of planning has ushered in a great banter era.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's probably at least still better than your backup keeper. 

He'd be on 10X more cash. I cannot believe that Man Utd's squad is even worse than Chelsea's and the latter can't buy players.