talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

13 hours ago, Dan said:

£280k a week apparently. Absolutely dying of laughter. What the hell has he ever done to justify that?

Sorry, the Rashford hype is an absolute mystery to me.

I've read £200K. 

Are you surprised though? You could argue that Rashford has been one of United's most influential players the past few years. When he sees the likes of Pogba earning £300K, Sanchez earning £350K, Martial earning £250K, and gash like Lukaku even earning £200K, obviously Rashford is going to demand more for parity. 

52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I've read £200K. 

Are you surprised though? You could argue that Rashford has been one of United's most influential players the past few years. When he sees the likes of Pogba earning £300K, Sanchez earning £350K, Martial earning £250K, and gash like Lukaku even earning £200K, obviously Rashford is going to demand more for parity. 

Marcus Rashford is an amazing player to have in the correct environment. I would say he would play in almost any first XI anywhere if playing on confidence. If Özil is on more money, then he deserves what he’s gotten because he’s a hell of a lot more influential.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Marcus Rashford is an amazing player to have in the correct environment. I would say he would play in almost any first XI anywhere if playing on confidence. If Özil is on more money, then he deserves what he’s gotten because he’s a hell of a lot more influential.

Lol what?? I'm with @Dan here. At least with Rashford it's not as baffling as to why they want to keep him compared to someone like Lingard, who's nowhere near good enough to be at a side competing for top 6.

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I started rating him after he adopted Mou's philosophy of players transfers and being smart about how to approach a game and not just go heavy metal attack and think you can outscore the teams all the time. (I think the games versus roma a few years ago showed him how he was better of building a well rounded team and not just be attack attack. The refs gifted them that leg or else roma would of scored them by 3-4 if not for bullshit PKs calls that was the only thing that pushed liverpool into the next round because football wise, they were outclassed and outplayed by Roma. 

That's called being tactically diverse, not adopting Mou's philosophy. 

Adopting Mou's philosophy would be sticking 11 men behind the ball 98% of the time and wondering why the fuck you are 8th. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Neither was Henderson but with the right teammates and coach who knows how good lingard can be  

Henderson only ever looked as shite as Lingard looks when he was played well out of position on the right. He looked good as a box to box midfielder before Klopp ever came in. Nice try, though.

• Subscriber

He's a moderately talented young striker who gets a free pass because he's got a Mancunian accent and isn't a twat like Lingard and Pogba. This is a bloke who is frequently outscored by the likes of Josh King. Sorry, I'm not having him yet, and I don't think giving him money like that is going to help him either.

The wage structure at Man Utd is so fucked that I agree they were only ever going to have to be able to pay Rashford well over what he should be on.

I've really never gotten the fuss with him. I think so many have fallen for the facade on this one.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.a1a8b15386e91418fadb76d0b7b846af.png

David de Gea: Man Utd offer improved new deal to stay

Manchester United have made goalkeeper David de Gea an improved contract offer in a bid to keep the Spain international at Old Trafford.

De Gea's current deal runs out in 12 months and efforts to get the 28-year-

It is understood United's latest offer would make De Gea the highest-paid goalkeeper in the world.

He came within a minute of joining Real Madrid in 2015.

Whilst it is felt the former Atletico Madrid man wants to remain in Manchester, it is understood his advisors believe his status as one of the key figures in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad, and United's player of the year in four seasons out of five, should make him one of the club's highest earners.

Out-of-favour forward Alexis Sanchez's £390,000-a-week contract is seen as the benchmark.

Senior United figures have previously indicated they would allow De Gea's contract to run down in the hope an agreement will be reached, even though it risks one of their most saleable assets leaving for nothing at the end of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48854483

• Subscriber

Hope he is gone sooner than later, money is more important to him than the United top he wears.  :coffee:  

Quote.thumb.png.d93d3f8653492345dff3466ce9f25693.png

Paul Pogba: Man Utd midfielder travels with the squad for pre-season tour

Paul Pogba is in Manchester United's travelling squad for the club's four-match 18-day pre-season tour of Australia, Singapore and China.

The France midfielder, 26, has been absent from training this week with boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's permission.

There has been speculation about his long-term future this summer and in June, he said: "now could be a good time to find a new challenge".

On Friday, agent Mino Raiola stated again that Pogba wants to leave United.

Summer signings Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James are also both in the travelling squad, as is Romelu Lukaku, who has been linked with a move to Inter Milan.

Brazilian midfielder Fred and defender Matteo Darmian were both excused from Sunday's trip for personal reasons but are expected to link up with the United squad at some point before they return to England on 26 July.

Alexis Sanchez only finished Copa America duty with Chile last night and wouldn't have been involved, even without the hamstring injury he sustained in the third-place play-off defeat by Argentina.

United are due to land in Perth on Monday afternoon local time.

The play Perth Glory on 13 July and Leeds United on 17 July before flying to Singapore for a game against Inter Milan on 20 July. They finish their trip with a game against Tottenham in Shanghai on 25 July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48899454

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.e9944f805f639ce9eb6ff4711073a3e7.png

MAN UTD POGBA CIRCUS TO PLAY OUT IN PERTH

Manchester United will land in Perth on Monday afternoon, but will star midfielder Paul Pogba be on the flight?

Manchester United star Paul Pogba has been named for his team's pre-season trip to Perth, but whether he actually makes the flight remains to be seen.

United are due to touch down in Perth on Monday afternoon local time ahead of friendlies against Perth Glory on Saturday night and Leeds United four days later.

Pogba's future remains up in the air, with his agent already publicly expressing the star midfielder's wish to leave the English Premier League giants.

Juventus and Real Madrid are reported to be the teams chasing Pogba, who still has two more years remaining on his United contract.

Pogba returned to Manchester United training on Sunday following a recent trip to New York and was officially listed in the club's 28-man travelling party for its trips to Perth, Singapore, and China.

Manchester United will fly to Perth in a luxury private plane, and the focus will centre on whether Pogba is on the flight.

New signings Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James were also named in the travelling squad, as well as Romelu Lukaku, who has been linked with a move to Inter Milan.

Brazilian midfielder Fred and defender Matteo Darmian will join the tour at a later date due to family reasons.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said the pre-season tour was important preparation ahead of the August 9 start of the EPL season.

"We've got six weeks until the league starts so we can't take it easy," Solskjaer said.

"They've all had their individual programs and are in good shape from day one, so we've put them through their paces."

Glory will be missing a host of their best players against Manchester United.

Andy Keogh is overseas to attend his brother's wedding, while Glory captain Diego Castro is yet to return for pre-season training.

Chris Ikonomidis (shoulder surgery) and Dino Djulbic (knee) will also miss the match.

MANCHESTER UNITED 2019 PRE-SEASON TRAVELLING SQUAD

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Lee Grant, Joel Pereira, Sergio Romero.

Defenders: Diogo Dalot, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Axel Tuanzebe, Luke Shaw, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Tahith Chong, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba.

Forwards: Mason Greenwood, Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford.

*Matteo Darmian and Fred will join the tour at a later date due to family reasons.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/man-utd-pogba-circus-to-play-out-in-perth-527803?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ftbl+rss

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

Going to Manchester United v Perth Glory on Saturday. Hopefully a good spectacle and good run out for both sides. Hoping a few stars play. United then play Leeds Scum a few days later.

Imagine going to a bloody friendly and not the State of Origin. You deserve Gina Rinheart out there.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Imagine going to a bloody friendly and not the State of Origin. You deserve Gina Rinheart out there.

Why would I go to a rugby league game where my state isn’t playing? And not forgetting it’s a shocking sport...

9 hours ago, Toinho said:

Why would I go to a rugby league game where my state isn’t playing? And not forgetting it’s a shocking sport...

When life give you lemons...

Edited by Spike