talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Have you considered that he is their top earner and is significantly under performing and not even trying very hard and that it has nothing to do with his race or appearance or heritage at all?

Have you considered that you are a gobshite? 

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I get where you're going with that and I personally agree with you in its existence. People of different colour and even culture or religion in today's times get treated with a different yard stick compared to those seen as what's viewed as a native.

But in the case of Paul Pogba I think a hell of a lot more was expected of him and what's more, he CAN offer more than what he has even with the stats he's accumulated. Call it having been lazy, call it not being arsed, call it what you like, it's got nothing to do with his colour in his particular case for me.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Fairly sure Sanchez got a hell of a lot of shit when he was playing more regularly. Work rate especially being the main thing he got criticised for and then in general just having no influence or impact on any games as you'd expect like he did for Arsenal.

Pogba is just in the limelight more, plays every game, ambles around every game and attracts attention with the Instagram stuff, the shitty penalty run-ups, the hairstyles (not fussed about this one, personally), the choreographed celebrations. Not to mention the amount of money that was spent to bring him in. He's simply failed to deliver. Even if he is top goalscorer/top assist-maker. Is it good to an extent that he's got those? Yes. Has he arguably still under-performed? Yes. Is it unfair to point out he could still do better and focus on football as opposed to all the celebrity-esque lifestyle he appears to give more attention to? No.

To say it's racist that he's got headlines about him is way off the mark.

The real racist shit that goes on is all the bollocks Sterling has/had written about him by the Daily Mail and that was correctly called out in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m not having it that he’s abused because he’s black. That’s just trying to whip up a racial story. 

He gets pelters because his performance level on a regular basis is not justifying the outlay that Manchester United paid out on him, nothing to do with his skin colour. His price tag is the burden on him, not the fact that he’s black. 

Pogba gets more stick because he plays more regularly than Sánchez. Now, if Sanchez played as much as Pogba, he’d still get less stick than Pogba, but that would be based upon his transfer value being higher than Sanchez’.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I literally can not believe that in this day and age, numpties actually believe that Pogba gets criticised 'cos he is black'. 

Fuck me xD

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's the face of the worst Manchester United team in my memory, so that's probably why he gets a lot of stick. He came in for a massive fee (after having left the club for free), there was all of that viral marketing about his return and how great he would be for Manchester United erupting over social media... and then he's come in and been inconsistent as fuck.

Manchester United being shite isn't his fault. But rightly or wrongly, both he and the club positioned him to really be the face of the club and he is carrying the weight of the fans expectations falling well short. He's far from the only problem at Manchester United, but he's been a part of the problem (really this season everyone but McTominay has shown they're prone to letting their head drop and not fighting for the club) by being a player that the fans cannot count on to always put forth the maximum effort.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I can't believe this is even being discussed.

Pogba has a shit attitude and everyone knows it. He's more interested in furthering his image than performing for his team, everyone can see that as well.

The Sanchez comparison is a valid one but who gives a shit about criticising him because there's no debate to be had there. Nobody cares about Sanchez, he doesn't play, he doesn't blow his own trumpet on social media, he doesn't do anything to draw attention, he is simply forgotten, not because he isn't black.

Pogba is constantly putting himself at the forefront of the media by being the walking embodiment of what Manchester United have become. Most expensive player, highest paid player, constantly appearing in adverts and making daft social media posts, stupid hairstyles, stupid celebrations. I'd put a decent bet on the fact that he has someone analysing the social media reactions to his celebrations to find out which one gets him the most publicity so he can stick to it in future and get it programmed into the next version of FIFA. The worst thing about Pogba is that he actually has immense quality and shows it when he can actually concentrate on his performance for an extended period of time, like he did during Ole's honeymoon period. Sanchez, on the other hand, has just turned into a shit player whereas with Pogba it's just so obvious he could play much better if he tried.

But if all of that isn't enough reason then fine, maybe it is because he's black.

Don't worry lads. I think we're the sane ones on this topic in this thread xD 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Don't worry lads. I think we're the sane ones on this topic in this thread xD 

We are literally arguing with a blatant troll (teso) and a British missionary who has shown to be clueless on football time and time again (Danny). This thread was only going to go one way xD

Coutinho's spent all year getting booed by Barcelona fans, what are you talking about? They want him to be sold and would rather see Dembele (who, by the way... is black) start instead of Coutinho. But that doesn't really fit your narrative, does it? Particularly because your narrative ignores that Coutinho's been getting booed all year by Barcelona fans xD

Also, not that it matters because apparently only individuals matter in team sports to you, but you do realise that in American football, the number of times a quarterback is hit generally has to do with the quality of the offensive line in front of them. I can't believe I just had to fucking explain that to you, I'm from the North of England and you're from Alabama. Look at the list of the most sacked quarterbacks from 2018... only 3 of the top 10 are black. By the way, none of the 3 quarterbacks you listed were on that list... so they aren't even great examples.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

1 hour ago, José said:

The only ones getting trolled is Brian's parents or whoever paid for his journalist studies. :what:

Points for trying kid, but it doesn't work considering everyone on here knows you are the biggest abortion to ever speak on this forum.

I don't personally but into this it's the players fault at utd. I think some of them have the wrong attitude but I think when a whole group of players are underperforming it has to be something at the club. I think if morale is low any player will underperform

On 13/05/2019 at 08:33, The Artful Dodger said:

Who cares whether a young man 'dabs'? He's a bit of a tit, so what? It's the same strain of invective directed at Sterling, 'uppity negro' should know his place and behave according to the way we see fit!

Who actually thinks Sterling is that though? No one I’ve encountered.

1 hour ago, José said:

Young, absolutely. 

Pogba, hell nah. 

Evra summed it up perfectly:(except for the part about leaving ;))

Best man utd player and easily one of the best if not the best midfielder judging by the numbers 

If you're judging players solely on numbers then TAA is the best RB in the world. 

3 hours ago, José said:

Young, absolutely. 

Pogba, hell nah. 

Evra summed it up perfectly:(except for the part about leaving ;)) 

Best man utd player and easily one of the best if not the best midfielder judging by the numbers 

He's a class midfielder for me, I rate him highly, although he needs to be playing for a top side in the league, such as City or Liverpool, in order for everyone to witness the Pogba of Juventus and for France.

United isn't the club for him right now as they're currently a mess. They will be back up there again no doubt, but right now they seem quite a way from that. There is no real direction there.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, José said:

Young, absolutely. 

Pogba, hell nah. 

With you on Young buddy, he should do a runner quick smart, I would not have even minded if he made young Luke Shaw as Captain.

Pogba needs to pull his finger out of the back of his arse and start performing on a regular basis, he should be a leader on the pitch and urge the players on, if he can do that with this season coming up then he will be ok for me but saying all that I do think he will end up at Real and then we just move on, one player does not make a team.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Like giving Marcos Alonso the armband. Shameful in every way. 

From Keane, to Rio/Vidic, to Giggs, to Ashley Young. 

Just because Young isn't an elite player doesn't mean he doesn't have the personality and determination of a leader.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

While hilarious that deosn't refute anything I posted.

What makes a leader, is leading by example. Have you seen enough of Ashley Young over the years to think he leads by example compared to his predecessors? 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What makes a leader, is leading by example. Have you seen enough of Ashley Young over the years to think he leads by example compared to his predecessors? 

Well he always puts in all his effort and is willing to play just about any position on the team. That at least shows a determination that not everyplayer has, do you think Alexis Sanchez would move from winger to defender? What even defines a great leader anyway? I don't know Young at all, nor do I know Gerrard or Terry, yet for some reason people fawn over the leadership skills of Gerrard and Terry, but what is it they actually do? We don't know what they say on the pitch, nor what they say behind the scenes.

Why is Keane a good leader? He is an arrogant man with a rotten attitude and a worse temper.
Why is Giggs a good leader? He betrayed his brother and his own family.
Why is Vidic a good leader? Because he is willing to kicked in the head to stop a goal?
Why is Gerrard a good leader? I've heard that he can't even stop his wife from rooting half of Merseyside.
Adams? An alcoholic.
Terry? Controvery followed him everywhere.

Maybe people like Young, maybe the staff and players all respect him, you don't know anything about what he is; only what you've seen and what you've judged. The point being even as I've criticised all the player listed, that doesn't mean I know why they are great leaders or not despite their faults.

Edited by Spike

Just now, Spike said:

Well he always puts in all his effort and is willing to play just about any position on the team. That at least shows a determination that not everyplayer has, do you think Alexis Sanchez would move from winger to defender? What even defines a great leader anyway? I don't know Young at all, nor do I know Gerrard or Terry, yet for some reason people fawn over the leadership skills of Gerrard and Terry, but what is it they actually do? We don't know what they say on the pitch, nor what they say behind the scenes.

Why is Keane a good leader? He is an arrogant man with a rotten attitude and a worse temper.
Why is Giggs a good leader? He betrayed his brother and his own family.
Why is Vidic a good leader? Because he is willing to kicked in the head to stop a goal?
Why is Gerrard a good leader? I've heard that he can't even stop his wife from rooting half of Merseyside.
Terry? Controvery followed him everywhere.

Sure it isn't his fault he's been shifted all across the starting XI, and sure he may put the effort in, but the reality is he isn't a good footballer. I have seen him specifically make more mistakes this season than any player at United. How can any player, or fan, look up to him? His level of ability isn't good enough for a club of Manchester United's stature. Let alone captain. 

Keane, Giggs, Vidic, Gerrard, and Terry earned their respect and led by example through years of elite consistent performances. Talent and confidence led to their consistency. They conveyed such a belief in oneself, they unconsciously made the players around them confident as well. Their presence automatically liberated their teammates. 

59 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sure it isn't his fault he's been shifted all across the starting XI, and sure he may put the effort in, but the reality is he isn't a good footballer. I have seen him specifically make more mistakes this season than any player at United. How can any player, or fan, look up to him? His level of ability isn't good enough for a club of Manchester United's stature. Let alone captain. 

Keane, Giggs, Vidic, Gerrard, and Terry earned their respect and led by example through years of elite consistent performances. Talent and confidence led to their consistency. They conveyed such a belief in oneself, they unconsciously made the players around them confident as well. Their presence automatically liberated their teammates. 

Any videos of the shafting?

Edited by MUFC
  • Haha 1