talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

On a serious note, will you stay up this season? :35_thinking:

Aye, I hope lol, Nah I think we will be ok but I wish the fuck DeGea would sign this new contract or fuck off so we can get another keeper settled in and if Pogba does not pull his finger out and stop playing hot and cold matches he can fuck off too with the likes of Jones, Young and Smalling and you can now throw Lingard in amongst all that lot.

Saying all that I wish the Glazers would fuck off too and take Woody Woodpecker with him, that guy could not pick his own nose without sticking a finger in his eye let alone pick a decent mid-fielder in the market, someone not like Pogba.

9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, I hope lol, Nah I think we will be ok but I wish the fuck DeGea would sign this new contract or fuck off so we can get another keeper settled in and if Pogba does not pull his finger out and stop playing hot and cold matches he can fuck off too with the likes of Jones, Young and Smalling and you can now throw Lingard in amongst all that lot.

Saying all that I wish the Glazers would fuck off too and take Woody Woodpecker with him, that guy could not pick his own nose without sticking a finger in his eye let alone pick a decent mid-fielder in the market, someone not like Pogba.

Will Gunnar be sacked by Christmas? ..if so, who do you want next? ..do you rate him? 

50 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ridiculous story. Something probably conjured up to ease the blow on the fact Hazard preferred us. 

He doesn’t have an agent. All negotiations have gone through himself and his father, to which his father didn’t even become his ‘agent’ until last year. He chose us because we were European champions. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9295242/Chelseas-rebuilding-grows-with-78m-Eden-Hazard-signing.html

Just repeating what the stories where at the time  Here's one that says his agent John Bico demanded £6million.

Google John Bico it seems he was the agent for all the Hazards and Edin replaced him after he joined Chelsea, it is said that Bico negotiated with United, City and Chelsea.  He played all three teams against each other to get the best deal for Hazard and for himself.    Now Bico dosent seem to be straightest character out there, but there are enough stories in all the papers that identify him as Hazard's agent when he made the move to Chelsea.

Edited by Redcanuck

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.eecafe5d9e65974231987a85e3430411.png

Ex-Manchester United forward Eric Cantona wins Uefa President's Award

_108510531_cantona_getty.1jpg.jpg

Eric Cantona scored 64 goals in 143 appearances for Manchester United

Former Manchester United forward Eric Cantona will be awarded the Uefa President's Award for his commitment to helping improve the lives of others.

The 53-year-old, who won 45 caps for France, will be presented with the award in Monaco on Thursday.

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin was impressed by his work since retiring.

"This award not only recognises his career as a player of the highest calibre but also honours him for the person he is," said Ceferin.

"[He is] a man who refuses compromise, who stands up for his values, who speaks his mind and, in particular, puts his heart and his soul into supporting the causes he believes in."

Cantona won the old First Division title with Leeds United in 1992 before joining Manchester United, where he won four Premier Leagues and two FA Cups.

He retired aged 30 in 1997 and, after turning his hand to beach soccer and acting, has been committed to helping charitable causes.

Previous winners of the award - which "recognises outstanding achievements, professional excellence and exemplary personal qualities" - include David Beckham, Johan Cruyff, Bobby Charlton, Franz Beckenbauer, Bobby Robson and Paolo Maldini.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49480197

On 26/08/2019 at 19:19, Redcanuck said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9295242/Chelseas-rebuilding-grows-with-78m-Eden-Hazard-signing.html

Just repeating what the stories where at the time  Here's one that says his agent John Bico demanded £6million.

Google John Bico it seems he was the agent for all the Hazards and Edin replaced him after he joined Chelsea, it is said that Bico negotiated with United, City and Chelsea.  He played all three teams against each other to get the best deal for Hazard and for himself.    Now Bico dosent seem to be straightest character out there, but there are enough stories in all the papers that identify him as Hazard's agent when he made the move to Chelsea.

Yeah, that read like a Jason Burt piece, almost right on nothing. I think you will find we signed Thorgan as well as Eden at the time and Bico hoped to represent both brothers. I dont know what deal he got for Thorgan, but he got nothing for Eden from us. I have seen Eden on ChelseaTV stating he is proud that he never had, does not need a agent and as I understand it his father worked out with Real Madrid, so you can imagine what kind of deal he got with those Sharks!

Maguire: So you think he fill's a need? I am surprized to read that as I have him down as no better than you already have and now you are saddled on the left hand side of your defence with two slow defenders. Granted you guys have to pay a premium, but 30m over his real value is pretty pathetic even for your dumbass suits. I am also to be convinced the Crystal Palace player you got is nothing other than a one season wonder. I believe his pace which is exceptional gets him out of trouble, which makes up for his poor reading of the game. He tends to foul too often for a top team defender. Obviously he is a converted wide player, so he will need time and of the two defensive defenders you bought he has the better upside. We shall see

Smalling on loan? Paying Sanchez wages? Whats wrong with your goalie lately? Good job you are not living in Manchester mate, you could be the next penalty taker 9_9

Edited by The Liquidator

On 20/08/2019 at 18:16, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not saying that letter is totally made out to be Fergie when it's not....

But Fergie didn't send it xD

Why would one of the most hard faced twats in football history suddenly send a soppy letter to an arrogant French bloke? Moreover, why would Fergie include Utd's financial situation in the letter?

Utd couldn't afford a top striker? :rofl:

Utd under Fergie were breaking transfer records right, left and centre xD

Load of shite .... "Hi Eric its Fergie, I luv you and would love you to visit me sometime and oh did I mention we cant afford a top striker"?

Fuck sake xD

It definitely looks like the sort of letter that Fergie would write tbh. 

Regarding the striker comments, I would imagine that Ferguson was talking about competing with the richest clubs in Europe at the time, which we should have been one of, but we were hamstrung by being a PLC. There is an interview with former chaiman Martin Edwards where he speaks of Sir Alex's frustrations at not being able to compete with the top Italian and Spanish clubs for the best foreign players. Sure, we spent a lot on British players and broke the British transfer record several times but Alan Shearer has also stated several times that he didn't turn us down when he joined Blackburn (although he did later when he went to Newcastle).  He said the move to United broke down because we couldn't get the money quick enough due to being a PLC so he went to Blackburn instead who didn't have that issue.

In hindsight I'd rather be a PLC and not be owned byvthe Glazers though

• Administrator

Little bit on Lingard on BBC's article about upcoming England games:

If Walker was unlucky to be dropped, then Manchester United's Jesse Lingard can regard himself as very fortunate to be included based on club form. He is currently keeping his England squad place on the basis of previous England performances and has reason to be thankful for Southgate's loyalty.

Lingard, perceived as a youngster but 27 in December, was the only member of the squad to miss training on Friday morning but if he is fit to feature and is selected, he will will need to produce against Bulgaria or Kosovo because pressure on his place is growing.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer dropped him at Southampton - and Lingard's club stats back up the feeling that he needs to produce soon.

Lingard's last Premier League goals for United were in the 5-1 away win at Cardiff City on 22 December 2018 and his last assist came four days later against Huddersfield Town. He also failed to fashion an assist or score for United in the previous four months.

It is a dismal record.

The younger brigade is closing in and Lingard must now show he deserves an England future.

Still amazes me he's 27 but as they say there, perceived as a youngster.

The creativity he is supposedly meant to provide is non-existent, as well. No goals and assists since December 2018. And those in December being the only ones in a calendar year. 

It really does beg the question on how he keeps getting an England call-up.

And another question to pose is at what point does he move to Everton when he's perceived not good enough for United:ph34r:?

• Haha 1

Lingard is a good player just not good enough for where United want to be. He’d fit in better at a club like Everton or West Ham because I think if he stays in a team consistently he’ll start scoring and assisting. Only thing is his wages which won’t lower much 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Lingard is a good player just not good enough for where United want to be. He’d fit in better at a club like Everton or West Ham because I think if he stays in a team consistently he’ll start scoring and assisting. Only thing is his wages which won’t lower much 

I take the piss out of him like most but I do think he'd be a decent option for us or Leicester, for example, but I wouldn't take him aged 27 for the transfer fee and wages you'd have to pay and I'm sure most others wouldn't.

It's a weird one because he's not good enough to be a star at United but he's also worth more to them than he is to other clubs.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I take the piss out of him like most but I do think he'd be a decent option for us or Leicester, for example, but I wouldn't take him aged 27 for the transfer fee and wages you'd have to pay and I'm sure most others wouldn't.

It's a weird one because he's not good enough to be a star at United but he's also worth more to them than he is to other clubs.

He had that season before the World Cup where he scored 13 goals, assisted a fair whack and scored a bit for England as well

Someone where like Everton or Leicester you’d be more likely to try and build a team around him or at least build one where he’d thrive. But the money wouldn’t be right.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

He had that season before the World Cup where he scored 13 goals, assisted a fair whack and scored a bit for England as well

Someone where like Everton or Leicester you’d be more likely to try and build a team around him or at least build one where he’d thrive. But the money wouldn’t be right.

I think if he went to Everton or Leicester he still wouldn't be anywhere near good enough to justify building a squad around him. For us he might offer a decent alternative to Sigurdsson in the number 10 role. At Leicester I can see him fitting in with the Maddison/Tielemans/Barnes sort of midfield where you've got a lot of tricky midfielders nipping around trying to find space.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

He’s been in the team consistently. He consistently hasn’t produced.

39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think if he went to Everton or Leicester he still wouldn't be anywhere near good enough to justify building a squad around him. For us he might offer a decent alternative to Sigurdsson in the number 10 role. At Leicester I can see him fitting in with the Maddison/Tielemans/Barnes sort of midfield where you've got a lot of tricky midfielders nipping around trying to find space.

Building a team around was too strong a statement but more having a team set up he can slot into 

36 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s been in the team consistently. He consistently hasn’t produced.

Hasn’t he had a lot of sub appearances? Not doubting he’s had his chance at United, I think at a club with lower expectations he might excel more

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Lingard is a good player just not good enough for where United want to be.

Lingard and his buddy Pogba should take up dancing, score the odd goal give a little jig on the pitch and then disappear into the wild blue yonder.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112f6a141851a486a0f7

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Hasn’t he had a lot of sub appearances? Not doubting he’s had his chance at United, I think at a club with lower expectations he might excel more

Although he’s randomly injured a lot, he only made 8 sub appearances last year, 13 the year before when he scored ‘all’ those goals. He’s turd and in my honest opinion, he’d look even shitter at a club where he’d actually have to contribute. He gets away with being a youth product of United. He can fuck off.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Lingard and his buddy Pogba should take up dancing, score the odd goal give a little jig on the pitch and then disappear into the wild blue yonder.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112f6a141851a486a0f7

Exactly. More time spent practicing noncey little celebrations. He must savour those celebrations as he contributes so fucking little that when he does score or assist, it’s a miracle.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Although he’s randomly injured a lot, he only made 8 sub appearances last year, 13 the year before when he scored ‘all’ those goals. He’s turd and in my honest opinion, he’d look even shitter at a club where he’d actually have to contribute. He gets away with being a youth product of United. He can fuck off.

Fair play won’t argue with you there

• Administrator
On 07/09/2019 at 15:12, Danny said:

Sorry but both us and Everton have better players to fit a team around. Definitely not someone like Lingard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Sorry but both us and Everton have better players to fit a team around. Definitely not someone like Lingard.

You do definitely...fit the team around was the wrong term just meant a club your size would be more accomodating to him than United. Obviously with the likes of Maddison and Tielmans you’re not screaming out for Jesse Lingard

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Maddison for definite shits all over that dabbin nonce. 

I mean, I thought I wouldn't hate Utd as much now we are miles better but no, Pogba and Lingard have ensured the hatred stays the same.