talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maddison for definite shits all over that dabbin nonce. 

I mean, I thought I wouldn't hate Utd as much now we are miles better but no, Pogba and Lingard have ensured the hatred stays the same.

Really don't know what Southgate saw/sees in Lingard to include him in the latest England squad.

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They’re daft but how do they increase your hatred? If anything, it should put a smile on your face given how much they’ve fallen United from grace 

Dunno, just cant stand even watching them, mainly because of those two. They just irritate me that much.

I can't imagine Lingard playing better at a club where he'll be asked to do more. He's already not a productive player, giving him more responsibility and onus to create and score when he typically does neither of those things is probably just asking for a bad time.

Have written up a piece on why United need to replace Lukaku and who could do it, interested to know what United fans think/who you’d go for?

https://footyfiles.net/2019/09/08/replacing-romelu-lukaku/

Aware I haven’t used options abroad but didn’t want to kid myself into thinking I knew more about some of them! Mandzukic rumours in the summer starting to make sense more and more now

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Maybe :P nobody can make a proper guess with the inconsistency of this team but nevertheless, they are more than capable of shutting down ANY team and rashford scoring a brace :x

4 losses and a draw is my prediction 👀

• Sad 1

Love how the bloke who ever created that comparison matrix included passes forward and passes backward to sway it in Pogba’s favor. While conveniently not displaying chances created and pass accuracy. 

Believe us Teso, even we don’t want Pogba to leave United. xD

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:ay:He was also France's best player and leader AND scored on the final...

PLATINI

POGBA 

ZIDANE 

Much like the twat that made that tweet, you’re deliberately ignoring some crucial statistics. 

Since 2016/17 in the Premier league. 

Pogba goals - 24 (7 of which penalties) 

Pogba assists - 25

Pogba big chances created - 19 

KDB goals - 17 (doesn’t take penalties) 

KDB assists - 42 

KDB big chances created - 61 

Nice try 

Edited by Cicero

I placed Platini above pogba and didn't say how close the gap was, how is that comparing both players? I have always said Platini is the best French player but whatever, your post has been reported as it adds nothing to the conversation Cicero and I were having until my shadow showed up. It's getting out of control and I hope @DeadLinesman can take care of the situation and clean up your childish comments away from this thread that are always about TESO and not the topic being discussed. 

Haha, he took 100 shots at goal and only had half on target. That is a miserably high number for a midfielder. What is it? Seven penalties and six regular goals? That means through his shooting he gave away possession 87 times and scored 6.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You make it sound as if you never praised Martial, Lukaku or Rashford xD

And yet, even at Juventus when he had less responsibility, his numbers were no where near KDB. 

Wait where on earth in this post does it say this word:

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

TESO

Isn't the topic being discussed Pogba? Why do you have to make it about yourself, mate? He's just disagreeing with you - there's nothing wrong with healthy debate.

For the record, I think Pogba has a very tough job as he's basically asked to be the only creator at Manchester United. And the expectation is that they perform about as well as they did when their club was on top of the world... when I don't think many people would say the quality of the squad is even close. It's a big ask for one man. And when he's been successful in his career, he's been in very complete midfields with France and Juventus.

I don't think you can call that midfield complete at all. Also if you watch a lot of last season, Pogba's trying to figure out who to play the ball to at times... and there's no fucking movement in front of him. So yeah, I think Pogba has struggled... but do I think all of his struggles are his own fault? Nah, I don't think so. But I also think it shows he's not the sort of midfielder who can consistently grab a match by the scruff of it's neck and singlehandedly have his team punching a bit above it's weight come the end of the season. And I think with some of the praise that's been thrown his way, you'd think he is that kind of player and I don't think that's the case.

I think he's a good player in a complete midfield. I think he's an alright player when he's being asked to shoulder as much responsibility as he is currently, but with his supporting cast that makes it a big ask. And I think that's why he gets frustrated and sometimes has this body language like he doesn't fucking want to be there when he's on the pitch... which isn't exactly what I'd imagine is endearing to many Manchester United fans. That attitude, plus all the hype around him, I think brings a lot of pressure onto him and he's already being asked to do a lot in a midfield where I think he's under a lot of pressure to perform.

Honestly, with where Manchester United are as a club right now... a midfielder like him on the wages he's on maybe isn't what they need. And I think the club right now isn't exactly what he needs, because there's loads of evidence of how good he can be in a midfield that's already been built up. But I think it's tough for them to cut their losses because of the amount of money they spent on him and how much he's paid... but the return on their investment I think wouldn't have many clubs thinking "yeah he was worth that, let's try to buy him at close to that value (or higher - which would obviously be ideal for the selling club, making a profit).

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Much like the twat that made that tweet, you’re deliberately ignoring some crucial statistics. 

Since 2016/17 in the Premier league. 

Pogba goals - 24 (7 of which penalties) 

Pogba assists - 25

Pogba big chances created - 19 

KDB goals - 17 (doesn’t take penalties) 

KDB assists - 42 

KDB big chances created - 61 

Nice try 

To be fair, you’re comparing KDB in a Manchester City absolutely loaded with talent to Pogba at United.

You know I’m not his biggest fan, but who’s does he have to create for? Who’s making runs like Sterling? You’ve got Silva making space for him, he doesn’t have to worry about defending (not that Pogba does much defending tbh). Pogba would be great at City because he’s a luxury player. Put KDB in that United team and he probably put up the same stats.

Also, I cleared up the thread. This is about ridiculing United! Any issues with other threads, get it reported and it’ll get sorted :bye: