talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Administrator
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I have no idea why he would come here, but I suspect coming back to London and he would actually get games here would be an incentive. I'd be shocked if this happened, swap deals are very rare.

He's getting games at City though? Not always guaranteed but he's an important player for them (In FM terminology, not key or indispensable!) but can still do a job with all the games City will have. I suspect he'll prefer playing in a title-challenging & CL team as opposed to Arsenal. No offence. 

As you say though swap deals are very rare so I can't see this one going through. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I have no idea why he would come here, but I suspect coming back to London and he would actually get games here would be an incentive. I'd be shocked if this happened, swap deals are very rare.

I think we'll see more of them as more clubs are in a position to outright refuse to sell. If, for example, Barca offered a good player to us in part exchange for Coutinho, we'd have been more inclined to sell as we wouldn't have to worry so much about finding a replacement or other clubs bumping their prices for us because they know we have the money.

Just now, Stan said:

He's getting games at City though? Not always guaranteed but he's an important player for them (In FM terminology, not key or indispensable!) but can still do a job with all the games City will have. I suspect he'll prefer playing in a title-challenging & CL team as opposed to Arsenal. No offence. 

As you say though swap deals are very rare so I can't see this one going through. 

Well if City sign Sanchez surely that would mean less games for him? That was my point, he'd be a squad player for them but a guaranteed starter for us. Anyway I can't see it happening so this is totally pointless. xD

16 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Well if City sign Sanchez surely that would mean less games for him? That was my point, he'd be a squad player for them but a guaranteed starter for us. Anyway I can't see it happening so this is totally pointless. xD

In my opinion Alexis would be a starter for City without a doubt. He's won himself that credit since he's been at Arsenal. What would hypothetically occur from there on is a different story mate.

To do great deeds in football you need a quality squad and not so much quantity of mediocrity. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

In my opinion Alexis would be a starter for City without a doubt. He's won himself that credit since he's been at Arsenal. What would hypothetically occur from there on is a different story mate.

To do great deeds in football you need a quality squad and not so much quantity of mediocrity. 

No I meant if Sanchez joins City Sterling would get less games not him. Sanchez would for sure be playing every week for City.

On another note... Raheen Sterling coming to us is a farce! He adds nothing that we haven't seen for a decade at Arsenal and would just be continuing the same old errors. I said it when he went from Liverpool to Man City, he's overrated and erratic. 

Cant see any truth in the Sterling rumours  and if on the off chance the rag journo is right, Pep can fuck right off now!!  ..Sterling is 22 and nowhere near his best yet, Sanchez is about to go over the hill soon and is free in 6mths   ...this deal has zero logic, drop 50million on the table, Arsenal take it or we get him on a free in Jan

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Cant see any truth in the Sterling rumours  and if on the off chance the rag journo is right, Pep can fuck right off now!!  ..Sterling is 22 and nowhere near his best yet, Sanchez is about to go over the hill soon and is free in 6mths   ...this deal has zero logic, drop 50million on the table, Arsenal take it or we get him on a free in Jan

Guardiola probably doesn't give a shit about that as he doesn't like staying in one place for too long and his feelings are hurt because everyone here keeps shitting on him winning things with Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Agree with HB, Sterling has a good 10 years left and will probably improve whereas Sanchez is knocking on and will only regress. 

Shit deal for City and only enhances the growing opinions that Pep isn't as good at this football management lark than first thought. 

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Guardiola probably doesn't give a shit about that as he doesn't like staying in one place for too long and his feelings are hurt because everyone here keeps shitting on him winning things with Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

But do Arsenal have the 40million to go with Sanchez?? 

• Subscriber

Busy yesterday and this morning then, only the 5-6 pages to catch up on this thread xD.

Exciting rumour for us about Costa but there's also been talk of him being loaned to Milan instead. He's a cunt, I'm not going back on that stance, but it's looking more and more like the rest of our doors to getting a centre forward are closing, even if Costa only comes on loan until January, it's better than nothing and someone else might be available in the January window. Who knows, if some extra goals can push us to 5th or so by that stage of the season we might get some bigger names interested.

If this rampage from Liverpool has any truth to it I expect they're doing what we did with Lukaku and get their signings agreed before selling Coutinho. Lemar and Keita might be great signings but as long as Moreno, Lovren and Mignolet/Karius are still starting in defence, I'd still argue that Van Dijk should be the number one priority.

Swapping Sanchez for Sterling would be a much better deal for Arsenal than City but Arsenal will still be shite unless they sign 7 new defenders and midfielders between now and Thursday.

Kieron Gibbs has said no Watford due to not been able to agree on personal terms.  Again another problem at Arsenal! Gibbs is probably on 80K a week, he will never get that sum of money at any other club and he doesnt even play for Arsenal anymore! 

Breaking news,  Sanchez has asked to leave the Chilean training camp to sort out his club matters.  

Tele13 in Chile are to be believed, he has now decided to force the issue.

They are reporting this morning that the 28-year-old has asked the management of the Chile national team if he could leave their training in order to sort out a “personal matter”.

17 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Kieron Gibbs has said no Watford due to not been able to agree on personal terms.  Again another problem at Arsenal! Gibbs is probably on 80K a week, he will never get that sum of money at any other club and he doesnt even play for Arsenal anymore! 

Off to West Brom now, having a medical apparently.

Manchester City remain hopeful they will complete a cash-only deal with Arsenal for Alexis Sanchez before Thursday, and are not interested in a part-exchange involving either Raheem Sterling or Sergio Aguero.

Tuesday morning saw direct contact between the clubs regarding the Chilean after weeks of back-channel activity, although Arsenal’s stance remains that they will not sell - at least not unless a player comes the other way.

City however are not interested in that and have already said “no” to the idea of letting Sterling or Aguero leave, and believe they can put together the kind of cash offer that will ultimately persuade Arsenal to sell.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-alexis-sanchez-manchester-city-aguero-sterling-exchange-swap-latest-a7918321.html

• The topic was unpinned

Archived