talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

He is off, not even at pre season as was given "extra days", meaning he was fucked off. Under 50 mill i'd keep him in the reserves, the 25 mill is a joke.

I wanted him to stay but obviously the fall out makes it not possible. As long as we get more than what we paid for him I'm happy.

3 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Somebody who is good enough to start and play regularly for the likes of Real, Barcelona, Bayern and Juventus.  

Again, who are these good enough players? Who out there is a realistic option that is better than Pedro? 

10 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I wanted him to stay but obviously the fall out makes it not possible. As long as we get more than what we paid for him I'm happy.

Not a chance. Our hands are tied.

Atletico know we want to get rid of him and will be a burden to the club until he does eventually leave. Not to mention they are the only club he would leave to.

Unless we chuck him to the reserves ( which would be ridiculous given what Costa has done for us these three years), I can't see us having any negotiation leverage on this matter. Add that to the fact every club in Europe knows we are in desperate need for a striker, so we will be paying a ridiculous amount no matter what. 

This whole Costa v Conte situation has fucked us. 

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Rumour has it he will go out on loan to Besiktas for six months before switching to Atletico when their ban is lifted.

He can still pull an Arda Turan though no? Train with them but not play until Jaunary? 

36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Again, who are these good enough players? Who out there is a realistic option that is better than Pedro? 

Realistic is always a different proposition, but the likes of United and Chelsea shouldn't be put off going for players who are deemed unrealistic.  Don't get me wrong, Pedro is a decent player, I just don't consider him one of the best at his position.   No matter how unrealistic it maybe I think United should be going for players like Bale, Neymar, Reus, Kroos , James and Mueller.  Now United may well end up with Perisic, and he will be a decent player for United, but it shouldn't stop them from shooting for the moon.

5 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

God knows what's happening with the Bakayoko move but fuck me I won't be happy if we miss out, I think he could be fantastic for us.

Decent money as well. What are we doing!?

Part of the delay was issues with his knee. Underwent key hole knee surgery (Meniscus tears I would imagine)  and will be in rehabilitation for 6 weeks and won't be fit until early September. Reports claiming he is on a jet to complete his medical and will be announced this week. 

Wonder if this means Chalobah will stick around? 

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

In an ideal world we'd be keeping Costa for another season.

Given the situation now though, we shouldn't be selling for anything less than 40M. 20-25M being quoted, joke if true.

Makes sense though with Conte not wanting him being public knowledge. He's been made to look like a worthless part of Conte's plans since the season ended, was obviously going to drive his price down.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What must Antonio Conte be thinking in all of this transfer mess at Chelsea?

In all honesty, part of the blame lies at his own feet with that supposed SMS to Diego Costa which now seems to have been real.  How can an experienced football man like him let personal issues get in the way of his profession and foremost the situation of 'burning your bridges'.

But looking at everything else from the side of the head coach, he must be extremely frustrated because not only are possible signings being scuppered, the worst thing is that it's all so public and makes everything even more difficult.

Is it really a mess? Better slow and steady than doing a United. The club has a very solid back up GK and a new starting centreback, so I'd say Chelsea re doing well so far. Another CF and the club is set.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is it really a mess? Better slow and steady than doing a United. The club has a very solid back up GK and a new starting centreback, so I'd say Chelsea re doing well so far. Another CF and the club is set.

LWB

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

He can still pull an Arda Turan though no? Train with them but not play until Jaunary? 

I don't think he will be able to, he's gotta make the world cup squad and not playing for 6 months would absolutely affect his chances of making that squad!

• Subscriber

BBC reported today that we had bid £40mil for Sigurdsson and that Swansea wanted £50mil. One of our journos reckons that bid was made weeks ago and we've since moved on.

I actually think we may land Ben Gibson. He's a target of ours and if we're prepared to pay that much for Sigurdsson I can see us paying the £25mil 'Boro supposedly want for him.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm getting a bit sick of the Sigurdsson talk. Absurd money being touted. We'd be much better off keeping Barkley instead and seeing if having to fight for his place brings some more out of him.

Think the Barkley deal to us might be back on. Getting the impression that we're just waiting it out for the right price closer to the deadline and if you sign Gylfi just strengthens our hand further.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Think the Barkley deal to us might be back on. Getting the impression that we're just waiting it out for the right price closer to the deadline and if you sign Gylfi just strengthens our hand further.

I'd have no problem if we sell Barkley and sign Sigurdsson but if we spend more than we bring in for Ross I wouldn't class that as good business. 

Archived