Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

FC Isle of Man

Nice! Good luck with it.

Things must be really bad at Everton :ph34r:

Hope you get to see them hit the higher leagues one day

I think the aim is to get into the Football League. Not an easy ask!

Where will they play their home games? As in, do they have a ground?

Good luck to them. You never know, they may get lucky in the Cup sooner than you think, have a little run and get a well known League club.

I think it's refreshing to see Football at that level. I used to watch Eastleigh a lot and it was basically a patch of grass with boards all round and one tiny stand. Now they are in the conference, flirted with promotion a few times and have a lovely ground too.

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Where will they play their home games? As in, do they have a ground?

Good luck to them. You never know, they may get lucky in the Cup sooner than you think, have a little run and get a well known League club.

I think it's refreshing to see Football at that level. I used to watch Eastleigh a lot and it was basically a patch of grass with boards all round and one tiny stand. Now they are in the conference, flirted with promotion a few times and have a lovely ground too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bowl_(Douglas)

I take it, that it’s a local millionaire financing them and quite possibly the clubs who are in their league to fly to the Isle of Man? 

7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I take it, that it’s a local millionaire financing them and quite possibly the clubs who are in their league to fly to the Isle of Man? 

No it's all grassroots stuff, lads playing as amateurs, all locals to start with. I don't know whether they're getting some financial support for the travel over to England every 2 weeks but no millionaires involved to my knowledge. 

Looking forward to the rivalry with FC Island of Woman !

Definitely an interesting one to follow :) best of luck to them!

The team play their first friendly tonight against Guernsey FC. Tickets are sold out for The Bowl which has a capacity of 3000. That's not a bad turnout for a friendly match for a 10th tier club!

• Upvote 4

Unfortunately I have other plans tonight but I'll be looking out for the score.

On 15/08/2020 at 13:36, RandoEFC said:

The team play their first friendly tonight against Guernsey FC. Tickets are sold out for The Bowl which has a capacity of 3000. That's not a bad turnout for a friendly match for a 10th tier club!

As in there was actually a full crowd inside the ground?

That's very refreshing if nothing else, although has COVID ever actually made it to the Isle of Man?

6 hours ago, Dan said:

As in there was actually a full crowd inside the ground?

That's very refreshing if nothing else, although has COVID ever actually made it to the Isle of Man?

We had it for a while, but closed the borders completely. Things went back to normal, schools reopened and everything about 2 months ago.

FC Isle of Man visited Guernsey at the weekend for the Skipton Cup which is supposed to become an annual event between the two sides to celebrate the relationship between the two islands, having eliminated Covid 19 and created an air bridge to allow residents to get away for a summer holiday without quarantining on return.

The game ended 1-1 and Guernsey won on penalties.

Sadly, a couple of days later, Guernsey announced that due to the ongoing border restrictions, they would be unable to fulfil their place in the English football pyramid this season, I think they're in tier 8 or so.

FC Isle of Man has already had to forfeit their FA Vase tie against AFC Liverpool due to our border restrictions making it impossible to fulfil the fixture. Unfortunately the Manx government was not willing to make an exception for the team to travel to and from the island for sporting events. Sadly, this means that FC Isle of Man will almost certainly have to make a similar announcement to Guernsey and forfeit their place in the Northern Counties league for 2020-21. Horrible timing with the pandemic coinciding with the creation of the club, it looks like the dream is probably on hold until next season, but no confirmation yet.

So it all went downhill when you started following them?

In all seriousness that is pretty shit, for both yourselves and Guernsey. Especially when other teams are travelling abroad for European games and you can't even complete league games :( 

It's been coming for months but FC Isle of Man have now suspended their membership of the North West Counties League for this season, with the guarantee they'll be readmitted for the next one.