talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

1 minute ago, Salford Kel said:

Not watching it is kind of an indicator that I have no interest in the game

Not being able to stop talking about it indicates that you really do have an interest but don't want people to think you do because Man Utd aren't dominating English football anymore. :coffee:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not being able to stop talking about it indicates that you really do have an interest but don't want people to think you do because Man Utd aren't dominating English football anymore. :coffee:

I've regressed to your level of interest at the height of your Arsenal 'support' - not going to games because I can't be arsed

Just now, Salford Kel said:

I've regressed to your level of interest at the height of your Arsenal 'support' - not going to games because I can't be arsed

I'm not questioning that. Welcome to the club. ;)

You saying you have no interest is what I'm questioning. Why pretend you don't care? You clearly do. Nothing wrong with caring about a team that's not dominant.

Just now, 6666 said:

I'm not questioning that. Welcome to the club. ;)

You saying you have no interest is what I'm questioning. Why pretend you don't care? You clearly do. Nothing wrong with caring about a team that's not dominant.

Yes, someone that doesn't watch football matches clearly wants to watch football matches

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair, having to withstand managers such as Moyes, Van Gaal & Mourinho is enough to put anyone off. 

Theres 3 of the 13 reasons why right there!

It's more the conduct since Ferguson left. The Glazers were always cunty but Fergie and Gill kind of kept them in check a bit. Woodward couldn't be more of a yes man and is absolutely useless at his job on the football side. All they are interested in is spreading their 'global brand' which disgusts me 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

If Sunderland lose and Hull draw, they will be relegated

If Sunderland draw and Hull win, they will be relegated

I'm sure that'll please the Geordies!

pl.PNG

The other big game of course is the North London derby. If Everton can take points of Chelsea, it'll open the door once again for Spurs to close the gap as well as get one over their rivals.

A point for us or West Brom not winning is Europe confirmed for us next season. A solid start for Koeman. 

I'd like to see a couple more of the U23s play in the run in, maybe not a game against Chelsea (nothing says stunted progression than a battering on your debut) but against Swansea, Watford and Arsenal definitely. Think it would be a good reward for a great season for them. 

I can't see our home run carrying on, expecting Chelsea to grind out a result. Could possibly see Calvert-Lewin playing above Mirallas for height. 

Probably the biggest weekend until the rest of the league season for Chelsea. Think the best case scenario (realistic one) that both we and Spurs draw and the gap remains the same 4 points ahead of the final games. Even our draw and Spurs win isn't the most ideal as we would cut the lead to two. The ideal one and the one i know it won't happen is us winning away to Everton, and Arsenal doing us a favor and winning at the Lane and the gap would go to 7.

I think it will be 1 or 2 points gap by the end of April.

Good thing is then we will have Sunderland, Watford and Boro at The Bridge and WBA away so i don't see us blowing it from there. 

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Optimistic about this game. Our players work well under pressure, and they should know that a win on Sunday should be enough. Hazard couldn't have picked a better time to be in goal scoring form. 

Well basically win this and we don't have a tricky game left.

Fancy Spurs to win the North London Derby.

Everton will make it tough for Chelsea & their home record is very impressive. Would quite like them to drop points just to liven up the title race a bit.

No Koscielny, No Mustafi so Holding and Gabriel will be the CB pair mostly. With the current form Spurs are on at their home and with the way Arsenal are struggling to create and score this could easily be a Spurs win.

• Subscriber

It's very rarely a home win whenever Leicester and West Brom play each other. Proven once again in November.

Won there 2-3 both times since we have come up. A hat-trick of those would be remarkable.

I do actually fancy us. Thought we were poor, but unlucky at the same time on Wednesday. I think we'll go out there with a better attitude and we'll get the game won, all but guaranteeing survival. It isn't an easy game by any means, but it's the right time to play them.

If we lose and Hull & Swansea win, I will start to panic a little, but that's a scenario I can't see.

• Administrator

Vardy last minute goal to win 3-2 then xD 

West Brom have been on our holidays for a while now. They know they're safe. They know they can't get European football. Their season is done so I'd be annoyed if we don't attack them from the start and not go too defensive like we did against Arsenal. They're basically there for the taking. 

• Administrator

Leicester have the only goal of the Premier League so far. 

Pretty shit game in all honesty. Both teams cancelling each other out and could have been a red card for each side as well. 

Mistake by Nyom I think for the goal. Passed it straight to Okazaki who slipped Vardy through to score past Forster. his celebration rustling all the West Brom fans xDxD 

Archived