talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forums

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I assume the people who were very upset about the "it might have been staged knowing Trump" conspiracy theory will be equally upset about this sentence.

One group of people are in overdrive about some conspiracy theory of an attempted assassination.   There is no conspiracy when there is injury and that was just marginally away from a fatal attempt on a persons life.   There is no conspiracy when the gamble is probably got to do with the fact the shooter was not skilled.    

The initial reports was that he was using a 22LR rifle which is absolute dross at 155m is beyond a 22LR operation range.   The later reports said it was a AR styled rifle so it was either a 223 or 5.56 which are highly lethal at 155m,  but to get a headshot at that range you need to be trained.   Military doctrine also dictates you don't aim for the head due to its small profile you aim for the body.   Most misses are in the trigger pull,  a person not trained in shooting often miss when pulling the trigger and breathing. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Why do you try reverse searches if you can simply go to the usa.gov site and follow the steps to check voter registration status yourself? The image doesn't seem to be manipulated, and it certainly hasn't been removed, considering that all reputable media sources are reporting the exact same thing. 

Essentially, his political affiliation doesn't even matter, because it's an act of a person with serious mental health issues, first and foremost. Not too surprising, considering the mental health crisis of that society and the access to guns that they have. Just found it amusing how the first reaction was to blame "leftists" and whatnot, so maybe question those defence mechanisms first.

I did not blame leftist,  I blamed media who have until recently on a Joy Reid "Reid out" and a Rachel Maddow show indirectly call for an assassination attempt.   This type of language will motivate the mentally deranged to carrying out said acts.    The motive was also present when he released a video calling for the death of trump and republicans just days prior. 

• Subscriber
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

I did not blame leftist,  I blamed media who have until recently on a Joy Reid "Reid out" and a Rachel Maddow show indirectly call for an assassination attempt.   This type of language will motivate the mentally deranged to carrying out said acts.    The motive was also present when he released a video calling for the death of trump and republicans just days prior. 

I didn't say you were blaming leftists, but just go read the comments on any social media, and you'll see that it is definitely the case. People just like jumping to conclusions, regardless of their political affiliation. Hence why I found it quite amusing when his republican voter status was reported. 

Can you link to the said video of his? Haven't seen it anywhere.

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Because project 2025 is the current king of the US electoral news cycle. 

After being shot at and remaining uninjured he has lost absolutely nothing and gained an absolute fuck load so that's not correct either. 

Again I am not team conspiracy but I don't think it's a 0% chance either. 

Project 2025 was barely in US media compared to Biden’s diminished facilities tbh. It’s gained a bit more awareness, but the current king of the US electoral cycle was “Biden is unfit to be president and his party is turning against him” - now the current king of the US electoral cycle is “both sides need to turn down the rhetoric before more people die” … which maybe should have been a talking point after the January 6th incident.

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

Why do you try reverse searches if you can simply go to the usa.gov site and follow the steps to check voter registration status yourself? The image doesn't seem to be manipulated, and it certainly hasn't been removed, considering that all reputable media sources are reporting the exact same thing. 

Essentially, his political affiliation doesn't even matter, because it's an act of a person with serious mental health issues, first and foremost. Not too surprising, considering the mental health crisis of that society and the access to guns that they have. Just found it amusing how the first reaction was to blame "leftists" and whatnot, so maybe question those defence mechanisms first.

Honestly because we now know he was a Republican, I suspect the shooter was deep on the q anon bullshit and the Trump-Epstein release from 2 weeks ago might have been the straw that broke the camels back and made the shooter think “someone needs to kill this guy, I’ll do it.”

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

One group of people are in overdrive about some conspiracy theory of an attempted assassination.   There is no conspiracy when there is injury and that was just marginally away from a fatal attempt on a persons life.   There is no conspiracy when the gamble is probably got to do with the fact the shooter was not skilled. 

Is the injury real...?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly because we now know he was a Republican, I suspect the shooter was deep on the q anon bullshit and the Trump-Epstein release from 2 weeks ago might have been the straw that broke the camels back and made the shooter think “someone needs to kill this guy, I’ll do it.”

I can’t help but approve of an anti-nonce assassination motivation..

36 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

By the same token, Trump in the past has 1) asked for “second amendment” people to take care of Hillary Clinton, 2) encouraged the violence at the US capitol when Biden’s win was to be certified, in an attempt to invalidate an election, 3) after being shot turned back to the crowd, raised his fist and told the crowd “Fight!” - two times.

The American right has plenty of culpability in the escalation of modern political violence. The second amendment people themselves say one of the biggest reasons to protect gun ownership is specifically for political violence - so that citizens can fight back against “tyranny”; most of those people are right wing to the extreme.

It’s why I’m finding these calls to tone down the rhetoric from the right a little bit laughable. Where was this when they were mocking Pelosi’s husband for being attacked in his own home?

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

People getting outraged about us calling it staged when all of us said we might be wrong but that was our initial reaction when all we had to go off was a short clip. Nothing had come out about any fatalities at that point.

Chill out ffs.

This exactly.

7 hours ago, nudge said:

And yet he's a registered Republican voter lol. 

BB1pWUEa.img?w=768&h=450&m=6

He registered as a Rebulican when he was 18, that was likely  because of his family and the community where he lived over the last 2 and a half years his views must have moved towards the left.

• Subscriber
Just now, Redcanuck said:

He registered as a Rebulican when he was 18, that was likely  because of his family and the community where he lived over the last 2 and a half years his views must have moved towards the left.

All assumptions, no facts. 

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber

I was about to make a reply but I'm not bothering now. I have better things to do with my Sunday. When people are posting conspiracy theories and in the next breath accusing people with mild suspicions of being conspiracy theorists I'm afraid I'm just going to have to say believe what you want and have a nice day.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If there's one man who uses violent language to motivate the mentally deranged it's Trump. He helped create the atmosphere that led to this. Irony.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I still can't get over that the crowd were chanting USA immediatly after an assassination attempt.

I thought it was brilliant.   Little or no panic, just defiance. If it was a leftist rally the people would have pissed themselves and trampled one another trying to get away.

7 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I thought it was brilliant.   Little or no panic, just defiance. If it was a leftist rally the people would have pissed themselves and trampled one another trying to get away.

Leave off with this "real American" nonsense. Real patriots would've thrown themselves at the bullet and chanted USA while bleeding. You know nothing.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

What a weird post. 

46 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

We know his views moved further to the right. As a 17 year old he made a $15 donation to a democratic PAC, by 18 he had registered Republican.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

55 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

So are leftists killers or pant pissers? In a thread of stupid posts you’re making a good case for yourself.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

By the same token, Trump in the past has 1) asked for “second amendment” people to take care of Hillary Clinton, 2) encouraged the violence at the US capitol when Biden’s win was to be certified, in an attempt to invalidate an election, 3) after being shot turned back to the crowd, raised his fist and told the crowd “Fight!” - two times.

The American right has plenty of culpability in the escalation of modern political violence. The second amendment people themselves say one of the biggest reasons to protect gun ownership is specifically for political violence - so that citizens can fight back against “tyranny”; most of those people are right wing to the extreme.

It’s why I’m finding these calls to tone down the rhetoric from the right a little bit laughable. Where was this when they were mocking Pelosi’s husband for being attacked in his own home?

Right wing freaks are always inherently contradictory but they are consistent in their contradictions. Just look at how they fetishise ‘freedom’ but also clamour to restrict the freedoms of those in society that are most vulnerable. 

Also look at this thread they fetishise the ‘defiance’ of Trump but disparage the ‘defiance’ of the attacker. They don’t even know what they believe in.

• Upvote 1

A few frames of the shooter on the roof can be seen amongst the panic (which is understandable and not a case of them being too liberal to be defiant).

Edited by 6666

It's not staged, there have been some political assassination attempts over the years Shinzo Abe, Imran Khan, that Slovak PM so I don't doubt it.

As Dr. Gonzo said you can always make enemies that want to kill you in politics. 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

It's not staged, there have been some political assassination attempts over the years Shinzo Abe, Imran Khan, that Slovak PM so I don't doubt it.

As Dr. Gonzo said you can always make enemies that want to kill you in politics. 

Not saying it was staged, yet can't see how former political assasination attempts constitute that one isn't staged?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

You are an absolute fucking crank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber

Possibly the fucktards standing there pumping their fists and chanting USA don't have the necessary motor skills or the requisite minimum number of firing neurons to recognize their lives were in danger.

Or maybe they're just used to gunfire considering there are probably one billion guns registered to the mouth breathers that attend these events.