• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 6-2 Leeds - Sunday 20th December, 2020

football forums

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Spectacularly poor from Leeds here. Could see our second 7-0 of the weekend. Imagine waiting all these years to have another pop at this lot and they churn this garbage out?

Unpopular opinion because everyone's waited so long for Leeds to come back up but they could still find themselves in a relegation battle. For all the praise they've got they're going to be 14th-15th after this weekend unless they make a miraculous comeback. Sheffield United are dross but there are two other spots which are pretty hard to call. You know teams like Newcastle and West Brom are going to get a certain amount of points from the shithousing of their managers while Bielsa won't be flexible with his approach. Fulham are showing signs of life, I'd put Leeds a bit ahead of them and Brighton but you can't put in performances like this too often. A naive approach executed poorly.

That's 9 goals they have conceded from set pieces... I know Lucas was saying he will just try and enjoy it while they were up regardless but I reckon he would have more fun if he covered his balls in pedigree chum and let the dog have a gnaw on them... 

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Man Utd will go 2 points off the top of they win their game in hand. Does Solskjaer deserve credit or has everyone else just been shit?

The big competition for the title is Liverpool and City, Liverpool have had a short term period of having 5 or 6 first teamers out and City have been shit this season similar to last.

The season prior to Mourinho being sacked United finished second with 81 points, that as a minimum should be Ole’s target as he’s had freedom to improve the side since Ole left with big money spent on Fernandes, Wan Bissaka and Maguire, choosing to sell Lukaku too. United being above the likes of Spurs, Leicester and Everton shouldn’t be considered a great achievement. They should be trying to compete for the title.

I think Ole has clearly given the likes of Fernandes, Rashford and Martial freedom to play as a unit which he deserves credit for, but overall there’s not much about the team, no real style of play and he’s mainly just relying on the abundance of talent United have to pull them through.

Archived