talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - 28-30th December, 2020

football forum

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Through the whole game, the Wolves goal was threatened twice. The goal & the Fernandes attempted that Greenwood put in the box. Other than that, Wolves gave more than a good account for themselves and they were missing a striker. I just think Utd have a very soft belly, and if you get at them it’s likely they start falling to bits. 

Liverpool players have a mentality I’ve never seen in all my years of watching this football team. Nobody in the league can match the perseverance & effort that this team of players have shown in the last three years. That’s where I think we have the edge....well than and the fact that our players are much fucking better than theirs. 

Don't get me wrong I understand what you're saying but you had one shot on target against West Brom...

Anyway, I agree about the Utd having a soft belly, hence the comment about seeing how they fare with pressure later on in the season. Liverpool are used to it and almost thrive off it. I've said since start of the season the gap between Liverpool and other clubs is far too big - as seen with how much you won the league by last season - that even if it's reduced, it's not going to be reduced by enough to overtake you. You'll win the league even with lack of CBs, but it'll be closer than last season. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Leeds' Twitter account has been getting accusations of misogyny for obvious reasons, which I don't think is fair as they do this to anyone they see fit. But it's worth thinking about the repercussions before you fire off a Tweet like that. Are you inciting a pile-on, etc.

To be honest, though, I'd want my club's Twitter to be above that sort of thing anyway, male or female. I guess I'm not the target market, but just give me official news, pictures and highlights, and do the talking on the pitch. Leeds are usually relatively harmless with it, but official accounts "bantering" on Twitter is generally so cringe

I also think pundits should be held to a certain standard, but it's obviously inappropriate for football clubs to be the ones to do that. Besides, that's far from the most egregiously stupid thing one's ever said, probably not even this week

It's actually quite a sad situation really. I totally agree with you about the cringiness of 'banter' but I think a reasonable level of back and forth is fine. I mean if Carragher had said that and they'd posted it then it would be a non-issue. The problem is, should Leeds United be more responsible knowing that loads of bellends will jump on the back of it? 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Through the whole game, the Wolves goal was threatened twice. The goal & the Fernandes attempted that Greenwood put in the box. Other than that, Wolves gave more than a good account for themselves and they were missing a striker. I just think Utd have a very soft belly, and if you get at them it’s likely they start falling to bits. 

Liverpool players have a mentality I’ve never seen in all my years of watching this football team. Nobody in the league can match the perseverance & effort that this team of players have shown in the last three years. That’s where I think we have the edge....well than and the fact that our players are much fucking better than theirs. 

I think you could make that argument last season and the season before, but our last 6 league games have included lacklustre performances against Brighton, Fulham and West Brom (currently occupying spots 17-19). That hunger that characterised our title challenge last year just isn't there this year for whatever reason

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well this doesn't bode well for the Geordies... Didn't realise Newcastle were bottom of a lot of key stats... 

Screenshot_20201230_194500_com.instagram.android_1.jpg

At any normal club Bruce would have been sacked. 

We'll probably put a display in tonight that will have everyone forget what went before.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We'll probably put a display in tonight that will have everyone forget what went before.

Well it's been a great start.

101 seconds for your first touch in Liverpool's half and now a corner!!

I can’t believe there’s people out there that think that we’re still favourites for the title without VVD and Gomez. You can actually see Phillips and Williams being nowhere near good enough and with Matip’s health they’ll be playing regularly.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can’t believe there’s people out there that think that we’re still favourites for the title without VVD and Gomez. You can actually see Phillips and Williams being nowhere near good enough and with Matip’s health they’ll be playing regularly.

Because you have the ability to still win matches with the strength of the rest of your squad. You are superior in pretty much every way over all the other teams. The only difference is that you probably won't win it by such a clear margin this time around. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Because you have the ability to still win matches with the strength of the rest of your squad. You are superior in pretty much every way over all the other teams. The only difference is that you probably won't win it by such a clear margin this time around. 

If that’s the case we’ve got no business calling this the best league in the world xD

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If that’s the case we’ve got no business calling this the best league in the world xD

The standard could be better at the moment for a variety of factors. But just because you're lacking a CB doesn't make it a crap rest of the league.  Liverpool fans understate the quality in their side so much and I find it quite weird given how easily you romped home last season. As if you won it because the rest of the league wasn't good, as opposed to your side being extensively superior to anyone else.

I'd rather have a competitive title race as opposed to a side that just runs away with it every season. Whether that's because the best side is lacking a couple of players or the rest of the league is inconsistent, it's still entertaining.

I heard last night before the Man Utd vs Wolves game that no team has strung together more than 4 consecutive wins in the league so far this season. Almost unheard of in the Premier League in recent seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

The standard could be better at the moment for a variety of factors. But just because you're lacking a CB doesn't make it a crap rest of the league.  Liverpool fans understate the quality in their side so much and I find it quite weird given how easily you romped home last season. As if you won it because the rest of the league wasn't good, as opposed to your side being extensively superior to anyone else.

I'd rather have a competitive title race as opposed to a side that just runs away with it every season. Whether that's because the best side is lacking a couple of players or the rest of the league is inconsistent, it's still entertaining.

I heard last night before the Man Utd vs Wolves game that no team has strung together more than 4 consecutive wins in the league so far this season. Almost unheard of in the Premier League in recent seasons. 

Tbh I’m not sure we didn’t romp the league only because everyone’s a bit shit.

I think it’s the best Liverpool side of my life coinciding with the league having loads of money but other than us or City, not loads of quality.

I also wouldn’t say we’re just lacking a CB. It’s our first choice CB pairing and it also takes one of our best midfielders out of midfield. I think we’re pretty far from our best right now but still apparently the favourites. Seems strange to me

• The topic was unpinned

Archived