talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Phil Foden vs Mason Mount

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen much of Mount so far. But Foden really impressed me everytime I've seen him. Great pace, great technique, great instinct. Fantastic young player. 

I still don’t think enough respect is being given to Mount here. People are quick to eat up the Foden hype, and I get that because he is an exciting player. But Mount has been Chelsea’s player of the season. He has been the most influential player in that team by a long stretch. 

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Rick said:

I still don’t think enough respect is being given to Mount here. People are quick to eat up the Foden hype, and I get that because he is an exciting player. But Mount has been Chelsea’s player of the season. He has been the most influential player in that team by a long stretch. 

Loving Foden doesn't mean Mount is being ignored. 

You can be Chelsea's player of the season but still not as good as someone in a different team. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Don’t think anyone’s saying Mount ain’t all that, Foden’s just a level above 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Loving Foden doesn't mean Mount is being ignored. 

You can be Chelsea's player of the season but still not as good as someone in a different team. 

You said it was Foden by a country mile. 

In this moment I think both are doing similar things. I don’t see how Foden is a level above? 

The classic ‘I just watched a player have a good game so it must be him by a country mile’ routine

I don’t get the comparison anyway, one is closer to a forward the other a midfielder

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Spike said:

The classic ‘I just watched a player have a good game so it must be him by a country mile’ routine

I don’t get the comparison anyway, one is closer to a forward the other a midfielder

well it's more than one game isn't it?

I like Mount. I like Foden. I like the latter more and think he is a better player.

Why are people getting so salty over someone having a preference xD 

Crazy good, he's liked a hybrid version of Iniesta and Hazard. 

Without doubt our biggest talent to come through since Rooney and Gazza. 

Bold words them but this kid clearly has it all in his locker and is only getting better. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Devil said:

Bold words them but this kid clearly has it all in his locker and is only getting better. 

And hes at the right team to get better which is also very important.

21 minutes ago, Devil said:

Look, I'm not a Harry Kane guy per say, but are we really pretending Rooney is better than Kane? 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Look, I'm not a Harry Kane guy per say, but are we really pretending Rooney is better than Kane? 

Peak Rooney was a far better player than Kane in my opinion. Between 2006-2012 he was unbelievable and had more to his game then Kane has ever had. 

That's my opinion, you will no doubt think I'm biased because I'm a red but I'd still have that opinion if he played for Liverpool or City.

Rooney was an engine room of a player, he would be scoring goals or attacking with venom one minute and then throwing in a last ditch tackle the next. The one thing I will say that was always a myth during his time at United, he couldn't really play midfield, his game was about all action, high energy and once that had gone you were left with a pretty bog standard footballer. 

17 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Rooney over Kane, Gerrard over lampard and your nation wonders how you end up with Scott Parker running the midfield at international tournaments. 

Imagine if Germany player Kramer over Kroos all these years because "He's all action"9_9

He's was better footballer than Kane, that's my opinion and it's not based on being biased either. 

Not much in it with Gerrard or Lampard either, it's like splitting hairs because both were fantastic for their respective clubs. 

Archived