talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 2-4 Newcastle - Friday 7th May, 2021

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is embarrassing, Leicester have a huge challenge now if they want to finish the season in the Champions League places. They have some difficult matches coming up, opponents a lot tougher on paper than Newcastle United.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

I hope Leicester drop out of the top four completely. Absolute bottlers. 

I don't think bottlers would get to where we are now or to a cup final :what:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Dan just called you spineless. This is the second year in a row under a Rodgers that you are making a right meal of the last weeks of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think most people consider Spurs amongst the highest profile bottlers in Europe - and they made a cup final this season before looking dogshite in it... and not too long ago they were in football's most prestigious final. Failing to finish the job is an important part of bottling.

That is a tragic result, really tragic. But this hasn't just come out if nowhere either.

I have to say, they got out of jail against Palace, they struggled against the 10 men of Saints last week and they have been absolutely embarrassed by Newcastle.

For some reason, they have been so flat starting games and they are finding it a real struggle. You'd fear for them now losing Top 4 again which would be demoralising.

• Subscriber

I said it at half time but I think it's been coming a bit. Iheanacho's gotten us out of jail a few times recently. I said the Evans injury was the start of this but his reaction to it was wrong. Fofana, Soyuncu and Castagne as a back three is just asking for trouble, none of them are organisers, one of them isn't a centre half by any stretch. I don't think they complement each other whatsoever.

Newcastle, whilst largely poor themselves, do have players who can hurt you. Wilson's been excellent for them, Saint-Maximin is a threat, Willock's been good for them since going there. There's a lot wrong with them, but they can punish you on an off day. They fully deserved the win.

Whilst it's not over yet, we are yet again putting ourselves in a precarious position for it to all go wrong and it could've been so different. You had that feeling last season - it just gradually spiralled and eventually blew up on the final day.

We really might be in for a repeat of last year and it really is criminal if we do.

• Subscriber

Lots of them haven't lately. Iheanacho's ridiculous good run has kept us in the reckoning. Vardy's had the odd good game but has looked a shadow of the player post injury. Ricardo likewise. Maddison likewise, him in particular.

God, to think Schmeichel made a brilliant save at 0-0 and we still went fucking 4 down. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but nobody in the league has a wider range of performance than us. No other team in the league goes 0-4 down to this Newcastle side, yet nobody else goes and wins 2-5 at Man City.

We're just a bonkers side and one I don't think I'll ever fully crack.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

@Dan just called you spineless. This is the second year in a row under a Rodgers that you are making a right meal of the last weeks of the season. 

Ah okay. Dan's word is gospel then. 

We're not bottlers. You don't get to where we are now, especially with how we did admittedly collapse last season, if we are bottlers. Not having it, sorry. 

8 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

vardy has not been as deadly this season and that has hit them hard. 

Been carrying an injury for a long time. Not a good excuse, mind. But he has lost his spark. Needs a refresh, like a lot of players, over the summer I think. Reckon he'll be better next season even if he doesn't play every game. 

Archived