• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forums

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Do elaborate... 

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Lamb Shank and shoulder stew

• Mis en place and prep work done. I need to broil the skins from the tomatoes so I can blend them. Bung em into the oven
  • Had to brown the meat before throwing in the veg. Getting the shoulder ready to toss in I noticed at the last second that little piece of black plastic they put on the tray is still attached. I get the shoulder out but the damage is done. A million pieces of burning black plastic. Wash the meat (ugh), and drain oil so I can scrub pot.
  • Okay now I can restart and finish browning the meat. I get to the shoulder again, it's in and browning and while I'm doing that I notice out of the corner of my eye the plate and paper towels I had set up to hold the meat is now on fire. How it started I don't know but I have to deal with it.
  • While I'm dealing with the fire and cleaning the mess up I didn't adjust the temperature on the burner so now the lamb fat has rendering and smoking. All my fire alarms give me the warning beeps, not going off but strangely enough a woman's voice 'Smoke detected in hallway. Alarms will sound and it will be loud' WTF I had never head an alarm like that, so I run through the house to open up the windows that aren't covered in the plastic stuff meant to prevent drafts.
  • Remember those tomatoes? they are still in the oven.
  • So I get to throwing in the garlic and onion, luckily the oil wasn't too burnt and hasn't left an overly charred taste. But why is it smokey still?
  • The tomatoes are black and I quickly reach for the tea towel but don't sufficiently cover the index and thumb on my right hand and I burn them just enough to feel it.

This was about five minutes of adventure. At least now the bastard is in the oven and stewing.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Lamb Shank and shoulder stew

• Mis en place and prep work done. I need to broil the skins from the tomatoes so I can blend them. Bung em into the oven
  • Had to brown the meat before throwing in the veg. Getting the shoulder ready to toss in I noticed at the last second that little piece of black plastic they put on the tray is still attached. I get the shoulder out but the damage is done. A million pieces of burning black plastic. Wash the meat (ugh), and drain oil so I can scrub pot.
  • Okay now I can restart and finish browning the meat. I get to the shoulder again, it's in and browning and while I'm doing that I notice out of the corner of my eye the plate and paper towels I had set up to hold the meat is now on fire. How it started I don't know but I have to deal with it.
  • While I'm dealing with the fire and cleaning the mess up I didn't adjust the temperature on the burner so now the lamb fat has rendering and smoking. All my fire alarms give me the warning beeps, not going off but strangely enough a woman's voice 'Smoke detected in hallway. Alarms will sound and it will be loud' WTF I had never head an alarm like that, so I run through the house to open up the windows that aren't covered in the plastic stuff meant to prevent drafts.
  • Remember those tomatoes? they are still in the oven.
  • So I get to throwing in the garlic and onion, luckily the oil wasn't too burnt and hasn't left an overly charred taste. But why is it smokey still?
  • The tomatoes are black and I quickly reach for the tea towel but don't sufficiently cover the index and thumb on my right hand and I burn them just enough to feel it.

This was about five minutes of adventure. At least now the bastard is in the oven and stewing.

Just one of those days...

Hope it turn outs great though xD 

Each year I try to look for a great Valentines card and usually find something that ticks the box.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I feel I've nailed it this year. 

Personally, I don't think I'll ever beat it.

Edited by Lucas

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Which is organised by him?!

Think about it. 

G is the 5th letter in his name. 

Therefore, 5G. 

Wise up Danny! 

Believe that and you’ll believe anything, it’s clearly 5G which is invented by the same lot that invented “Australia”