talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

:)

I've seen a news article on BBC that Delhi is covered by thick smoke and that's before all the fireworks. Where in India are you?

Delhi has such terrible pollution that if you're not used to it you'd probably get sick. I'm in Bangalore and it wasn't so bad last night but honestly my lungs are feeling a bit of it today and theres more of it tonight as well. Have a Guju community next door and they'll be celebrating into the night.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've seen a news article on BBC that Delhi is covered by thick smoke and that's before all the fireworks. Where in India are you?

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Delhi has such terrible pollution that if you're not used to it you'd probably get sick. I'm in Bangalore and it wasn't so bad last night but honestly my lungs are feeling a bit of it today and theres more of it tonight as well. Have a Guju community next door and they'll be celebrating into the night.

Aye, the BBC webpage has an article on that.

Delhi air: Choking smog draws protests ahead of Diwali

The air quality in the Indian capital is pretty bad at the best of times.

But it could get even worse during the festival of Diwali as people let off fireworks.

Some of those affected by the pollution are now calling on the government to act to avert what they say is a "public health emergency".

06 Nov 2018

(Video - link vv)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-46118713/delhi-air-choking-smog-draws-protests-ahead-of-diwali

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Haha embrace it :P

We usually wait til the weekend for celebrations. Going to Leicester at the weekend which is the norm for us as we try and tie seeing the family along with going football.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

The real cause of the smog is farm stubble burning in the neighbouring Punjab, Haryana (which can be prevented); large scale construction; open garbage burning and old diesel guzzling vehicles. Crackers just heighten the problem but are a easy target for the idiot executive and judiciary to blame. Feel bad for the Delhi folks. The air is poisonous there.

Not so bad here in Mumbai. @Mel81xcan't and shouldn't complain:D. Heard the weather in Bangalore has been pleasant for a long time. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Haha embrace it :P

We usually wait til the weekend for celebrations. Going to Leicester at the weekend which is the norm for us as we try and tie seeing the family along with going football.

Oh I embrace it indeed. I like this time of year its my third favorite behind Xmas which tops the entire list of holidays.

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Not so bad here in Mumbai. @Mel81xcan't and shouldn't complain:D. Heard the weather in Bangalore has been pleasant for a long time. 

Oh we always have good weather, its so nice outside right now I wouldn't want to be in the humidity you'll are in. I was there two weekends back and the minute I was out of the airport my shirt decided it wanted to stick to my back. Not that I mind of course but after living in Bangalore for so long now its hard to deal with humidity on a daily basis.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Danny said:

Spent the day celebrating with people at work who put on a lunch and afternoon tea and also by embarrassing myself with mildly hot lamb.

Happy Diwali.

Could have given 3 different reactions to this but chose xD for the food choice. 

:D 

8 hours ago, Toinho said:

Bangalore was my favourite place I visited in India - and even then it is a bit too mental for me! 

Haha, when did you go?

Last time I went India was in 2001 and also visited Bangalore as part of the trip. Main thing I remember is going to a huge shopping centre, Kemp Fort (?) and also seeing a huge 'murti' (statue) which just blew my mind at the time.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Could have given 3 different reactions to this but chose xD for the food choice. 

Haha, when did you go?

Last time I went India was in 2001 and also visited Bangalore as part of the trip. Main thing I remember is going to a huge shopping centre, Kemp Fort (?) and also seeing a huge 'murti' (statue) which just blew my mind at the time.

2015 for a wedding... 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Haha, when did you go?

Yeah I wasn't aware of it being vegetarian until after my lunch break xD I have nut allergies so i was more concerned with not choosing something that'll nearly kill me lol

I kind of miss the rain to be honest. I haven't seen rain in months, not even a drop. It doesn't rain a whole lot in Lima but from time to time you see small drizzle, but even that it's been a while.

56 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

No need for Superman, Supergran wades in.  xD

46022125_10156853753987855_9115089348612

Class.... I notice everyone else standing off waiting for her to soften them up a bit before wading in.. Think she must have been an x member of that once notorious 'Hells Grannies' gang.. 

• Haha 2

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Class.... I notice everyone else standing off waiting for her to soften them up a bit before wading in.. Think she must have been an x member of that once notorious 'Hells Grannies' gang.. 

Monty Python will never get old :x 

• Subscriber

The guy looks pissed already carrying the cans of lager in the video  xD

Police make arrest in David Schwimmer lookalike probe

By Kim Pilling, Press Association  3 hrs ago

BBPEvsO.img?h=720&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Blackpool Police/@DavidSchwimmer (Blackpool Police/David Schwimmer/PA)

Police looking for a suspected thief with a resemblance to Friends actor David Schwimmer have made an arrest in London.

Social media users pointed out the likeness to Schwimmer’s character Ross Geller in the popular US sitcom when police in Blackpool posted an image of a man leaving a restaurant and carrying what appeared to be a carton of cans.

Schwimmer later responded to the picture by posting a video to his Twitter account that showed him scurrying through a convenience store carrying a carton of beer before looking up furtively at a CCTV camera.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/police-make-arrest-in-david-schwimmer-lookalike-probe/ar-BBPEvsT?li=BBoPWjQ

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lovely beer.

There's only one place that does it in the town I live so it's fairly expensive but worth it when I'm out.

I prefer Sapporo, but Asahi is quite nice too! I don't particularly enjoy most Asian beers in general due to rice they use in brewing, but those are among the few exceptions...

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

I prefer Sapporo, but Asahi is quite nice too! I don't particularly enjoy most Asian beers in general due to rice they use in brewing, but those are among the few exceptions...

Yeah it's not something I delve in to, Asian beer. 

The only other I had was Kirin beer, but that was a bit too malty for my liking.